Thread: Closed- 1st Round Emails Sent - l4d2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Closed- 1st Round Emails Sent - l4d2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    Project information - This is my first time casting voice actors, so bear with me. My project is an all female cast replacement of Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 survivors (thought available for use only in L4D2). Survivors can use strong language and offensive content in order to add character, however it is not necessary. Working knowledge of the l4d2 universe is a must, preferably owning a copy of L4D2 to make it easier. BE AWARE: Each character has roughly 2000 snippet lines! Granted, Each clip is as little as 1 second, and in some characters cases can go upwards to a minute (though this is very very rare), with averaging around 2-3 secs. If you would like to view the survivors models to get more insight to their character, please visit http://www.l4dmaps.com/profile.php?i...=horrorfangirl There you will find all my mods. The names of the model will match the names of the characters below.

Audition deadline - July 1st, 2013 is the tentative date. I may extend if needed, but to be honest, if I don't get any responses, I'll just suck it up and try and voice all 8 myself T_T..

Recording and Contact information - Auditions can be done through emailed files, links to uploaded sound files, or over Steam directly through voice chat.

-Record in [Best rate you can, mono preferred, stereo accepted and I'll just edit them, 16bit wav files only.]
    -Save the lines as "charactername_yourname_linenumber.wav" (ex: tamtu_vaan_01.wav)
    -Send your auditions to [horrorfangirl@hotmail.com] or by friending over steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/punkinbomb/

FEMALE
    Name: Caitlyn -- The Army Brat -- Replaces Nick
    Bio: Caitlyn has the most backstory from a contest to name her being held; Army brat, bassist, and fashion school drop out; she was raised mostly by her staff sergeant dad after he got injured in a training accident. Mom went off to fight in Iraq and dad was bitter that he was missing out. Her father tried to raise her like the son he never had, and she rebelled by filling her life with body art, boys, and playing bass in her garage band, the "Not Infected". She hated the military, but dug the uniforms, frequently altering her mother's hand-me-downs to suit her own tastes. After 2 years of community college, she made the jump to fashion school. She entertained a half baked notion of pioneering a line of punk rock BDU's (battle dress uniform). The dream lasted for half a semester, when her instructors shredded her ego by telling her she had the fashion sense of an inner city bag lady. She quit school, moved in with a roommate and found a job working at a Hot Topic. There she spent the next few months working, sleeping, and jamming on the weekends. Things settled into a peaceful routine until the outbreak of the Green Flu. Hearing news reports of civil unrest, our army brat rushed home from work to find her half naked roommate sitting in a pool of blood, weeping inconsolably through glowing yellow eyes. The closest object at hand was a teflon frying pan, still crusty with burnt bacon. It took her three hours to "crown" her first witch.

Voice type: Open to interpretation. You can make her country, Canadian, a smoker; doesn't matter. Attitude is a rebel, fight the power, conspiracy theorist, not easily excitable but can be panicy.
    Audition line 1: "Everyone about ready?"
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself (ex: "Hey.. name's Caitlyn.. this is kind of messed up, huh?") No longer than 30 seconds. This is the character introduction in the elevator of the first map of l4d2 (Dead Center). Reference that if you need to get the atmosphere.
    Audition line 3: Sounds of pain or being under attack. Feel free to call out for help during this. Again, no longer than 30 seconds.

FEMALE
    Name: Juliette - The Cheerleader - Replaces Ellis
    Bio: The cheerleader will be replacing Ellis, the character with the most lines in the game, so be prepared for more work than another character including replacing "stories". The gimmick replacing these will be adages that have been messed up, and you will have to deliver these with "a straight face". (EX: "you know what they say, a hero dies but once, but a coward dies.. well i guess he only dies once also.. unless he gets defibbed by the people who didn't run away..."). She is ditzy, cheerful, and the tiniest bit full of herself. Think Bubbles from Power-puff girls, only older and with more life experience; See: Clueless the Movie.
    Voice type: I imagine her as a valley girl, but please make it realistic.
    Audition line 1: "I am so ready to go, you guys?"
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself. Please feel free to ramble a little. Ex: "My name is Juliette, you know, like that chick in that Shakespeare play?.. God... what was it called again?.. Romeo.. and... something.. Oh forget it, not important!" (no more than 45 secs)
    Audition line 3: Sounds of pain or being under attack. Feel free to call out for help during this. No longer than 30 secs.

FEMALE
    Name: Souixsie -- The Goth -- Replaces Rochelle
    Bio: This character is open to more interpretation than the others. You can make her a sadist, emotionally down, deep into death, constantly negative, or maybe she occasionally turns positive and shows she's actually a poser Goth? Feel free to think "Francis" from Left 4 Dead 1, "Raven" from Teen Titans Animated Series, and/or the "Goth Kids" from South Park. NOTE: Name is pronounced Susie.
    Voice type: She could be a smoker, I picture her voice as deep, sometimes (or often) monotone, perhaps sexual, negative, gloomy or droll.
    Audition line 1: "Can we go now?"
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself. (Ex: "... Souixsie. But not spelt like those happy-shiny-freaks." (No more than 30 secs)
    Audition line 3: Sounds of pain or being under attack. Feel free to call out for help during this. No longer than 30 secs. CHARACTER NOTE: You can interpret this as well, perhaps she likes pain? Or perhaps she embraces death? Maybe she's just bored and impatient (ex: (hanging from ledge) "Take your time, not like I'm going anywhere.")

FEMALE
    Name: Skai - The Skater Girl - Replaces Coach
    Bio: Skai is high octane, active, but always cool and collected. Think tomboy adrenaline junkie with a bit of punk rock mixed in. Examples: Avril Lavigne, Rainbow Dash from MLP, Spinelli from Recess. It is also hinted at that she might be gay.
    Voice type: I picture her as having a slight punk lilt to her voice, maybe scratchy like Spinelli from Recess. Punch the lines. Straight to the point, no time for chit-chat.
    Audition line 1: "Let's blow this popsicle stand!"
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself. Open to interpretation. (Ex: "Sup! Name's Skai, learn it or don't cause I'm gonna be out of here in 1 second flat!"
    Audition line 3: Sounds of pain or being under attack. Feel free to call out for help during this. No longer than 30 secs.

FEMALE
    Name: Tomie - The Exchange Student - Zoey replacement
    Bio: Tomie was in the middle of a foreign exchange student program when the zombie apocalypse hit. She speaks English, but she mixes up words or misprounces them sometimes. She's cheerful, polite, a little shy when out of her element or confused, but very excited when on a topic she knows a lot about. NOTE: Name is pronounced Toe-Mee-Eh
    Voice type: Think "Engrish". Japanese speaker a plus but not necessary.
    Audition line 1: "Retsu Goooh!" (Subtle, not overly done) or any "Are you ready" line you feel like doing. Keep it less than 3 secs.
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself. (Ex: "Hajimemashite, Tomie desu, I mean.. I'm Tomie.." or perhaps "... T-tomie... how do you do...")

FEMALE
    Name: Lupe - The Risqué Student - Replaces Bill
    Bio: Lupe is tough, no nonsense. She is a Chicana, an ex-Cholita, and doesn't shy away from violence. Short-tempered but fiercly loyal, with BIG attitude, and very fast talker. She was held back a year due to skipping classes when she was running with the bad crowd, but broke those ties when she was 16.
    Voice type: Ideally I'd like a Latina accent, everytime I picture her talking I think of "Don't be so stupid, Lida" from Mad TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58b5QsLliww Think Spanglish.
    Audition line 1: "Jo, Mira, Mira, we need to, um, like goooh..."
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself. (No longer than 30 seconds) (Ex: "Sup mamis, names Lupe.")

FEMALE
    Name: Lily - Honor Roll Student - Louis Replacement
    Bio: Top of her class, Lily is a repository for facts. She's mildly upbeat (not to the extent of Louis), but always giving tips and factoids about things without prompting. WOULD NOT CURSE.
    Voice type: I picture her as well annunciated, almost gps-ish. Think Twilight Sparkle from MLP, not Urkle from Family Matters.
    Audition line 1: "Are we all ready?"
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself. (ex: "Oh, well my name is Lily, like the flower. Did you know Lilies are edible? Except to cats. ... Don't give it to a cat..") No longer than 30 seconds.

FEMALE
    Name: Angel - The Cyber Raver - Replaces Francis
    Bio: This character will comment a lot. She may have a gimmick of talking about music, not sure yet because it can become dated fast. Angel is into raves, she isn't in highschool anymore but uses her old school uniform as part of her outfit. She's immature for her age, a little bit of a hipster, into tech, and perhaps experimented with a few drugs...
    Voice type: No description mentally, so fully open to interpretation! Make her your own.
    Audition line 1: "Let's do this!"
    Audition line 2: Introduce yourself. (Ex: "Name's Angel. Well, that's not my real name, but I like it more.") No more than 30 secs.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000

Auditions received:

Sailor Alkaline
    Sterlingkins
    PandaHiiro
    Ghostly Hamburger
    Verityrose
    Whatsnewtoya
    Cherylrabbit
    Jordan_R
    Senwyn
    Shami
    Last edited by horrorfangirl; 07-02-2013 at 09:14 AM.

2. #2 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    So.. A Juliet voice from Lollipop Chainsaw for Juliette? Sounds like fun lol.
    “The real mission you have in life is to make yourself happy, and in order to be happy, you have to look at what you believe, the way you judge yourself, the way you victimize yourself.”
    "We are born in this society, we grow up in this society, and we learn to be like everyone else, playing nonsense all the time, competing with mere nonsense."
    - Don Miguel Ruiz
    Namaste. Know that I love you and all.

Unupdated reel / Youtube

3. #3 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    Count me in for this!

I'll be sending in auditions this coming week. Also, if you're interested, I have reels for Rochelle and Female!Ellis on my Soundcloud. (: I LOVE L4D2!

4. #4 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    I'm gonna audition for Tomie.
    Last edited by SailorAlkaline; 05-26-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    * I'm a mysterious girl. I live in a crazy world. I love manga, music and being in love.*

My first Demo Reel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7a7pNvG9Pc

Acting a scene from a favorite book of mine:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAzBWCV-3aQ

A reading of an extended version of the Betelgeuse Invocation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NcCAaol8g8

5. #5 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    im going to try out for Caitlyn and Souixsie

6. #6 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    Thanks so much for the support guys I added an "auditions received" section, so check there if you've sent one to confirm that I have, indeed, received it

7. #7 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    Totally going to audition for this once I get my new microphone

8. #8 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    Shami~ Pocket Size Voice Actress imtruetome's Avatar
    I paln on auditioning!
    ◄┓Shami's Information◄┓
    (If you are scouting I am available)
    Quote: ~ Carpe Deim ( Seize the Day)

~Recent Roles-~
    Elka Chan- Naruto Manga Dub: Moegi -
    Marvel Super Hero's: Wasp/Black Cat - Tinker Bell Dub:Rosseta
    Resident Evil 6 Parody:Ingrid Hannigan - Amon vs Zuko: Aang Namxo X Capcom: Felicia
    Happy Voice Acting ^.~

9. #9 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    Friendly bump coming your way
    * I'm a mysterious girl. I live in a crazy world. I love manga, music and being in love.*

My first Demo Reel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7a7pNvG9Pc

Acting a scene from a favorite book of mine:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAzBWCV-3aQ

A reading of an extended version of the Betelgeuse Invocation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NcCAaol8g8

10. #10 Re: Female Voices wanted for Left 4 Dead 2 "Schoolgirl" Survivors 
    Just sent my email!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast