Project now in production.
BEFORE THAT THOUGH.
Read this first!
You should know that casting was NOT easy. YES, you hear this speech in nearly every cast thread, but I'm serious, guys. I must have listened to every audition twice, so you know that I didn't make this decision lightly. I'm glad I got to meet so many talented and dedicated voice actors, and even strike up a few friendships with some of you! (Wow I'm so cheesy. Lol. MOVING ON.)
I'm really honored to have received over 30 auditions. I sincerely thank each and every one of you who participated, and I hope you enjoy the end result!
(Understudy: Sakura Hughes)
Thank you all for auditioning! I'll be emailing you instructions shortly.
This project is now in production.
Once I've edited my manga fandub, I won't have another project to work on... So, I think it's time I changed that.
I'm a humongous fan of Sword Art Online, and I've been wanting to do an English fandub for a while now. That means I'm in need of some amazing voice actors!
We'll be fandubbing Asuna's death to the ending of SAO episode 14!
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR:
Aside from your voices, aha. If you do decide to audition, please bear in mind that this is a REALLY EMOTIONAL scene, including scenes where you may have to yell/cry out - boys and girls, there are scenes of extreme mushiness - and I'd love to see your abilities in this area when you record your lines. Half-hearted auditions won't get as much priority as ones that actually have effort put into them. I'd like to see that you'd be serious about contributing to this scene. Everyone is welcome to audition, new members and old members regardless!
For what I'm looking for in individual characters, please scroll down to the characters section.
HOW TO AUDITION:
The characters open for auditions will be listed below. They will have lines posted below their pictures - please use these when you audition. Also, if you have any completed fandubs that you would be willing to show me (that include your voice acting) please link me to the best one that you feel properly showcases your talent.
So, to round things up:
- Email email@example.com with your auditions. (I don't care about lines being in a .ZIP folder or whatever, just send them to me however is easiest for you.)
- If applicable, include a link to one of your previous works.
- Include your VAA name.
- HAVE FUUUUUN!
- We'll be fandubbing from the 7:51 mark of this episode to the 20:56 mark of this video: http://www.animefave.net/sword-art-online-episode-14/
- I'm not giving a summary of the Sword Art Online plot, as I'd like people who've actually seen it / are seeing it to audition! Even if you haven't seen it, by all means look into it if you want to.)
- When auditioning, feel free to include as many takes on the character as you'd like!
- Feel free to ask questions!
22nd November 2012
VOICE TYPE: Medium (Sound as close to the Japanese seiyuu as possible.)
1. (Demanding, but not angrily.) "What are you going to do... Kill us all and then cover it up?"
2. (Crying/Sobbing) "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I promised I'd send you back to the real world... But I... I"
3. (Thinking/Determined [in the middle of a sword fight!])
"He was the one who designed the dual-wielding skill... He'll be able to block all the pre-programmed combos."
VOICE TYPE: High/Spazzy (As close as possible to the Japanese seiyuu - I want to hear the spazzy Klein we know and love!)
1. (Shouting, desperate) "D-Damn it Kirito! Don't apologize! Don't you dare apologize to me now! I won't forgive you... I won't forgive you until you buy me a meal on the other side!"
VOICE TYPE: Low (Try your own take on him, he has the most lines in this fandub!)
1. (Thinking) "Why, huh? I forgot a long time ago. I wonder why... When I began developing the full-dive environment system - no, long before that, I dreamed of nothing but creating that castle, a world that surpassed all our laws... and all our restrictions."
VOICE TYPE: Medium (Please no overdramatics! You can try your own take on Asuna if you'd like.)
1. (Sobbing) B... Baka!
2. (Confused) W-Where are we?
3. (Screaming, desperate) K-Kirito! Don't do this!
VOICE TYPE: Robotic
1. "Attention, attention. As of November 7th, 14:55, 'Sword Art Online' is officially cleared. I repeat, 'Sword Art Online' is officially cleared."
Extras don't need to audition! (As the lines you use as an 'audition'/send me will be used in the finished result either way!) Basically, you'll be yelling (and I mean yelling, i.e. Being-loud-without-breaking-your-microphone) things like:
"KIRITO, NOO! DON'T DO IT!"
Please bear in mind that only clear-quality clips will be accepted.
List of Received Auditions
Subarashii (+redo x2)