Hello, my name is oo7nightfire and I am in need of a voice actress to play a role in the second season (which has already began) of my sci-fi Halo 3 machinima, "Sandguardians".
To give you a basis on the series: the story follows two groups of soldiers (a Red Team & a Blue Team) who discover a ship crash landing in their battlefield. The ship contained an alien named Seal Vladaam, who tells the Blue Team that he is part of a heroic organization called "The Guardians", a band of rebel soldiers who fight to bring down the Ordinance Nationality Corporation (ONC), an organization who, after many years of war, attempt to prepare themselves for another possible future war by forcing color-based soldier teams to fight each other, in hopes of finding the right soldiers. The Guardians themselves are made up of former scientists who were originally apart of the Scientific Division at the ONC. However, many of the scientists were fired because they secretly built equipment that would help society, instead of the scientific weapons the ONC needed. This event lead to the inception of "The Guardians". YOU will be playing one of those Guardians!
The story so far:AUDITIONING INFORMATION:
I am looking for an actress that can be both dramatic (scream/yell, show compassion) and comedic. I am also looking for an actress that is frequently available, because the character will be a recurring character, appearing frequently throughout this season (BUT PLEASE, DO NOT LET THAT STOP YOU FROM AUDITIONING! I CAN ALWAYS MAKE AN EXCEPTION).
CHARACTER ANALYSIS: FEMALE
- Preferred but not required: Knowledge of the video game Halo.
- Range: Medium
- Voice Accent: American accent
- Age: Mid 20's (23-29)
- Voice type: Demanding and fair; a female military captain, similar to the characters: Ellen Ripley from 'Aliens', Elastigirl from 'The Incredibles', and Carolina from 'Red vs. Blue'.
- Personality: Her personality can be described as confident, stern, and down to earth. She is very open towards her friends, but defensive towards all strangers. The characters mentioned above are examples of the character's personality.
Here are your test lines:
SCENE; LOCATION: Arctic base. SCENARIO: Four soldiers are seen guarding the outside of the base. Your character sets up a plan with three of her teammates (all male) in front of the base, unseen from the 4 guarding soldiers. The Plan is: eliminate the four guarding soldiers. Objective: Get inside the base
"Okay, listen up! There are a total of four soldiers guarding the entrance of the base. Two on the left and two on the right. If we want to get inside, we're gonna have to split up. So, you two will take the side path up the base and eliminate the guards on the right. Seal and I will run straight up the middle and take out the guards on the left. ...Everybody ready?"
*This next line takes place before the previous one*
SCENE; LOCATION: In a desert, under a destroyed spaceship. SCENARIO: Your character is pointing a shotgun behind another character's head. The other character's two friends point their weapons at you in retaliation. You mean business, and you aren't afraid to kill these strangers.
"Unless you want me to blow his fucking head off, I suggest you all pack up your things and go back to wherever the hell you came from."
- Please record the lines as clearly as possible and don't forget to enunciate your words if you get stuck with a tongue twister. If you do not feel comfortable with the lines, do not send an audition.
- Please send the audition as either a .wav or an .mp3 file. Make sure the file names include "Line 1" and "Line 2". Do not send both lines as one file.
- You may send a maximum of TWO auditons per line (e.g.- Line_1a.mp3, Line_1b.mp3, Line_2.wav)
- Please send the auditions to my email address: email@example.com. Send the auditions as an attachment in your email.
- Send the email as follows: Subject: VAA_Audition_yourusername_sandguardians. Attachments (a total of 2): yourusername_Line_1.mp3/wav, yourusername_Line_2.mp3/wav. Description (optional): Hello, my name is (yourusername), and this is my audition for Sandguardians.
- If you have any questions, contact me by email or my VAA profile.
DEADLINE FOR AUDITION [CLOSED]
- You're probably wondering about the character's name. I will send you the name of the character once I get your audition, because I do not want to reveal anything about her yet to fans.
- You can view a description of the character here: http://sandguardians.wikia.com/wiki/Nash and view the episode she appears in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DA4O5Mfewg
- Feel free to put a bit of yourself into the character, and have fun with it. I don't want you to audition if you aren't enjoying what you're working with. You may suggest any changes you think I should make, in order to improve the character.
- The deadline to audition will be on August 11, 2012.