Thread: Brony Artists Wanted! Singers and Voice Actors! [Original Music/Fan Production]

1. #1 Brony Artists Wanted! Singers and Voice Actors! [Original Music/Fan Production] 
    Hello All!

All information is in the video below. Be sure to read the info bar below the video to find out how to submit your audition.

I'm 4@4, a Brony, Singer, Musician, and pudding lover. Recently I've found that I need to expand my "artistic horizons" to include others in my works. That being said I'm looking for artists of all kinds!
    In this project(s) we will be working on Brony Music, most likely in the style of a broadway-esque play, with instruments, singers, visual artists, etc. That being said, I need to find these artists. This being "Voice Acting Alliance", I'll only be posting the Singing and Voice acting portion of the audition information.

------
    Singers and Voice Actors
    ------

This is a Brony-related work, so you obviously have to have seen the show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" to participate.
    I'm looking for to following characters for voice acting and singing. Remember, I can cast two people as one character, a singer and a voice actor, so don't worry if you can't do one or the other. Just remember to specify if you're only trying out for one.
    As for lines, you can say the ones I've included, find any one said in the show, or make up your own.

DEADLINE IS JULY 15

Characters:

/Female/:

Pinkie Pie: High pitched, Squeaky, Fast talking and always happy and/or 7 pounds of sugar brand of crazy.
    Singing voice: Wide range, fast vibrato, Soprano I
    "I'm not giving him cake! I'm ASSAULTING him with cake!"
    "Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, guys! Chocolate rain!"

Twilight Sparkle: Level headed, Bookish, and Grounded. Can get insane if the circumstances are right.
    Singing: Sweet voice, Flowing Vibrato, Alto I
    "I never thought it would happen. My friends... have turned into complete JERKS!"
    "Scarf? Check. Saddle? Check. Boots? Check. 'Spike refusing to get up and go back to sleep'? Check. It's a good thing I'm so organized. I'm ready!"

Apple Jack: Honest, Grounded, Southern Accent.
    Singing: Keeping the accent in song, Almost no vibrato, Alto II
    "Well, thank you kindly, sir! Yeehaw! In the first minute, I made my first sale. Just like I expected.
    "Boy howdy! I got my work cut out for me. That there is the biggest bumper crop o'apples I ever laid eyes on. "

Rainbow Dash: Rough voiced, lots of cracks/breaks. Says "Awesome" a lot.
    Singing: Keep cracks and breaks, Almost no Vibrato, Alto I
    "So! You all think you've got what it takes to be my pet, do ya? Well, we'll just see about that! If any of you don't think you can handle it, bow out now before you humiliate yourself in front of your peers. This competition isn't for the weak. You'd better be prepared to step up your game!"

Rarity: Posh, Fancy, Mediterranean Accent.
    Singing: Operattic, but not too much vibrato. Soprano I
    "You didn't expect me to lay on the grass, did you?"
    "Look upon me Equestria, for I Am Rarity!"

Fluttershy: Shy, Quiet, almost whisper-talking. Can get insane if need be.
    Singing: Sweet, soft, small vibrato.
    "Excuse me? Would you mind moving your carts so I can pass?"
    "I'll catch you yet, my pretties. Oh yes. As soon as one of you little birds or monkeys or bears touches this net... you'll be MINE! MINE!"

Background Ponies: These voices vary, so any voice that fits the scene.

/Male/

Shining Armor: Bold, Responsible, Kind of a Frat/Surfer accent
    Singing: Strong and bold. Some vibrato. Tenor II
    "Hey. You're my little sister. Of course you're important to me. But I'd understand if you didn't want to be my best mare now. "
    "Twilie, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza is Cadance. Your old foalsitter."

Big Macintosh: Quiet, kept, very low voiced, but loud if the time comes.
    Singing: Deep Baritone sound. Bass I
    "Eeyup"
    ""You should be ashamed of yourself, humiliatin' your sister 'n' me like that. We don't wanna talk to any y'all right now so take your little gossip column and your embarrassing photographs and just go away!"

Backround Ponies: These voices vary, so any voice that fits the scene.

---------
    Auditions:

All submissions should be made in video, mp3, or wav format and sent via personal Message to my Youtube Channel, "MegaTouhou"
    Name the message "Audition: Singer/Voice Actor/Singer and Voice Actor/ect."

Thanks and good luck to you all!
    -4@4
    Last edited by 4@4; 07-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.

2. #2 Re: Brony Artists Wanted! Singers and Voice Actors! [Original Music/Fan Production] 
    Blog Entries
    Hey there, please update the post to include all of the information in it rather than just a video as seen in the audition posting guidelines HERE. Thank you ^^

3. #3 Re: Brony Artists Wanted! Singers and Voice Actors! [Original Music/Fan Production] 
    Screw you guys, I'm going home! Eric Cartman's Avatar
    I'll audition for this ^^

Proud member of ~ Vitamin VA Voice Acting Skype Group ~ & ~ Team Voice ~ !
    Roles so far: Alice (Arcadia),Writer, Kuu, Miss Yuushiro, Yuuka Honshiro (Vitamin Academy), Kirari Shiino (Kira Kira), Emi Ibarazaki, Shiina 'Misha' Mikado, Akira Satou (Katawa Shoujo Radioplay Project), Harvest Goddess (Harvest Moon Animation - Missing Crops), Sarah Sandrock (Cyberangel), Wendy Testaburger (Within these Walls - Audiobook), Jenny (Maplecraft), Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games - Audiobooks), Jaileen (Deeds & Words), Gary Coleman (Avenue Q: The Fan Production), Salem's Mom (The Chronicles of Salem Knightsle), Yuki Nagato/Ryoko Asakura/Kyon's Sister/Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya Audiobooks), Keelee Harding/STA-FEVAH! (O Taco Club), Michelle Richards (Youngblood), Oriko (Understudy) (Puella Magi Oriko Magica), Tony Tony Chopper (Straw Hat Chorus), Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim Comic Dub), Twilight Sparkle & Rainbow Dash (MLP: CIA), Jade Harley (Homestuck), Musashi/Jessie (Pokemon: Best Wishes!), more to come!
    My demo reel!

4. #4 Re: Brony Artists Wanted! Singers and Voice Actors! [Original Music/Fan Production] 
    Can we audition for only a singing role? For example, I am not too good at Rainbow Dash's speaking voice, but I can sing as her pretty alright.

Oops, I should probably read. ^^;

Remember, I can cast two people as one character, a singer and a voice actor, so don't worry if you can't do one or the other. Just remember to specify if you're only trying out for one.
    Last edited by RobotButterfly; 07-10-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Currently involved in:
    The Vinyl Scratch Tapes: The Master Recording - Spitfire, Beauty Brass, Additional voices
    Discorded and Reharmonized Pony series - Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Additional voices
    Welcome to Ponyville - Lyra, Spitfire
    Antipodes Audiobook - Tiptoe (Chapter 4 onwards)

Cast in:
    Ask Discord Whooves - Zecora
    Daring Do Adventures - Swift Wing

SCOUTING: PM me about it

YouTube
    |Tumblr|DeviantArt|Soundcloud|Character Demo