Hey everyone! I am planning on creating a fandub of the game Final Fantasy X. What I plan for this project is not just fandubs of cutscenes, but of the game entire. Granted much of the traveling and fighting will be cut from the project. Clips are already in the process of being pieced together with sound effects and music background. Now all that is needed are the voice actors.
I am now doing a collaboration with JLawrenceKenny as he is also doing a Final Fantasy X Fandub. He has additional lines for the characters I've posted as well as lines for practically the entire character cast. To the people who have already auditioned, if there are other characters you would like to audition for, then go to this link: http://voiceactingalliance.com/board...-12&highlight=
Also, because I have so many received auditions, I will no longer be doing double casting unless it is called for. Extras will more than likely be a double cast though.
Before we move onto the character open for audition, here is what is required from you
1) Good mic quality
. This includes clear vocals, no background sounds, no puffs or volume spikes
. Please don't just say your lines. Put a reason behind it and give it dynamics.
. Don't audition if you're not going to be committed to the project. I don't expect full commitment since this is only a project, but I don't want actors who won't even care.
. Please turn in lines by the given date. This doesn't mean I won't work around your schedule though. If something comes up, I will understand and push your deadline back. Just make sure you notify me at least 48 hours in advance. If its an emergency and you can't e-mail me 48 hours in advance, just e-mail me as soon as you can.
Rules for Auditioning:
1) Audition for multiple roles
. There will be multiple double/triple casting in the project and I want to hear everyone's range. Can you speak in a high or lower tone? Can you talk with an accent? ((This applies to MALES auditioning for Kimahri and Wakka at the moment)) Make sure you record all the lines please.
2) File requirements
. Please save your file in either WAV
format. Name the file "Username_Character_Line#
". Please put your lines in a compressed folder titled "Username_FFX_Audition
". Send all auditions to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Voice Type
. I'm not necessarily looking for people to sound exactly like the official English voice actors. Just go ahead and audition how you think they would sound to you. That doesn't mean I discourage you not to audition if you do sound like them.
4) Demo Reels
. If you have a demo reel, please send me a link to the video so I can hear more of your range. You're not required to make one if you don't have one.
. The deadline for all auditions will be September 15th.
I am only uploading characters needed for the first batch of clips. I will add more characters as the project progresses. I am also holding callbacks right after the auditions, so you won't know who has been cast for quite a bit.
Vocal Type: Medium-high. Your typical teenage/young adult
The main protagonist of Final Fantasy X. He is the star player of blitzball's the Zanarkand Abes and he has no problem bragging about it. After his city is attacked by Sin he is somehow transported to the world of Spira. Throughout the game he is either lost, confused or out of place as he travels with Yuna and her party. He travels with Yuna in the quest to defeat Sin in hopes of finding a way to return home.
1) This is our story! Now let's see this thing through together!
2) What are you looking at old man? ((with disgust))
3) I think I had a dream...a dream of being alone. I wanted someone -- anyone, beside me...so I didn't have to feel alone anymore.
4) I'm a blitzball player. Star playe of the Znarkand Abes!
Vocal Type: Low, gruff sounding.
Former warrior monk of Yevon, guardian of High Summoner Braska and Tidus' caretaker. In ways he is the unofficial leader of the group as members will often come to him for advice or permission. His past is revealed by the use of spheres found throughout the game showing his journey with Braska and Jecht.
1) This is it. This is your story. It all begins here.
2) Jecht saw his first shoopuf here. Surprised, he drew his blade and struck it. ((Reminiciscing))
3) Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
4) Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.
Vocal Type: Medium to Medium-low. Somewhat of a Hawaiian/Samoan accent.
Captain of the Besaid Aurochs and guardian of Summoner Yuna. He is faithful to the preachings of Yevon and has a hate towards the Al Bhed because they don't follow the teachings of Yevon. Mainly though its because his deceased brother, Chappu, chose to fight with an Al Bhed Machina weapon over the sword Wakka had given him.
1) After this game...I'm retiring. I promised myself this would be my last tournament. Win or lose, I'm quitting Blitzball. But you know, since we're here, we might as well win!
2) I can't believe we're gonna fight Lady Yunalesca. Gimme a break!
3)I'm Wakka, coach and captain of the Besaid Aurochs, brudda.
4) Those sand-blasted grease monkeys!
Vocal Type: Low, calm. Tribal/almost broken English accent.
A member of the Ronso tribe. Though he is taller than humans, he is smaller than the average Ronso and has a broken horn. Because of this he is made fun of quite often by Biran and Yenke Ronso. He rarely speaks at all, but when he does its only to those he likes and trusts.
1) Yuna needs Kimahri. Kimahri protect Yuna.
2) Pick spot. Shut up. Wait.
3) Save some for Kimahri! ((Joining in a fight))
4) In dark times, she must be. She must shine bright.
Age: Late 30's???
Vocal Type: Medium-low to Low. Gruff and somewhat throaty.
Father of Tidus, former guardian of High Summoner Braska and Sin. He was a major name player in blitzball in his hometown Zanarkand, until he disappeared 10 years ago. He is known to drink heavily and looks down on his son numerous times saying things like "Cry, cry, cry. That's all your ever good for." & "You'll never be able to reach me."
1) I ain't gettin' any younger, so I might as well make myself useful.
2) You with a woman? You can't even catch a ball!
3) Hey, Braska. Ain't this supposed to be a grand occasion? Where're the cheering fans? The crying women?
4) You'll cry. You're gonna cry. You always cry, see? You're crying. ((To Tidus after he is deafeated as Sin. Not rude or mean))
Vocal Type: Medium to Medium-low
Luzzu is a Crusader positioned on Besaid Island with the Gatta. He was close friends with Wakka, Lulu, & Chappu and was the one who convinced Chappu to join the Crusaders. He is Gatta's mentor and tries to help him as a new Crusdader.
1) See? Keep your head down, say "sir" a lot, and you'll do fine.
2) After surviving your run-in with Sin, 'twould be a shame if something happened now.
3) If Sin's nearby, it'll attack the island for sure.
4) Let it go. Save your strength for the next battle.
Age: Late teens to early 20's
Vocal Type: Medium-high
A young Crusader who looks up to Luzzu as his mentor. Gatta wants so much to join the battles in the fight against Sin, but due to inexperience he is put into preparation and messanger duties.
1) Young Crusaders gather round, we beat Sin into the ground. ((Sung like a marching song))
2) Hey you! You were attacked by Sin, right?
3) The Crusaders are sworn to battle Sin! We have chapters throughout Spira, accepting all those who wish to join our struggle. ((Almost like reciting from a piece of paper))