Thread: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub - EMERGECY RE-CAST! NEED SHIORI MISAKA ASAP.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub - EMERGECY RE-CAST! NEED SHIORI MISAKA ASAP. 
    CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO MAKE A BIG COMMITMENT TO A FANDUB.

Information

Hello!
    I am going to be taking the ever popular visual novel "Kanon" and turning it into 5 feature-length films
    Each film will star one of the 5 main heroines (meaning each heroine gets one whole film!!)
    Now this will be taking imagery from the visual novel so there will be no actual animation but there thousands of different images so it's close enoug
    And it's awesome and unique and different
    Some of the characters (most Yuuichi) do sometimes use vulgar language (but not often)
    And there is one intimate scene (however it's just a dream Yuuichi is having and its not explicit)
    Just thought I'd let yo know that before you audtioned

Audition Deadlines

Right now there is no deadline
    However, I take my auditions on a first-come basis
    If I get an audition for a character and the audition is good they get the character on the spot
    So if there's a character you really want then audition fast!
    If I don't get many auditions though I'll throw up a deadline

Recording & Contacting

MP3 or WMA only. No other format will be selected.
    I prefer you would label our auditions as "usename_charactername_line#" but nobody listens to that so whatever floats your baot
    Send it to johnofthenegaverse@gmail.com

CHARACTERS

Main Characters

Name: Yuuichi Aizawa (you-ee-chee eye-zah-wah)
    Sex: Male
    Bio: Yuuichi moved in with his aunt Akiko and cousin Nayuki because his parents moved out of the country due to their job. He hadn't been to visit them in 7 years because of a terrible event that took place when he was last there. However, Yuuichi blocked out the event from his memory and is now on a journey to discover his past. He is friendly and outgoing, and very witty and sarcastic.
    Voice Type: Medium
    Extra: Yuuichi is the only character on screen 100% of the time. That means that he is always in the middle of a conversation with someone for 5 whole films. If you audition for the part of Yuuichi know that you will be recording 1000+ pages of script. Just to let you know.

CASTED: Haydn

Name: Ayu Tsukimiya (ah-you tsooh-kee-mee-yah)
    Sex: Female
    Bio: Ayu (the most famous of the "sad girls in the snow") is a short, energetic girl who lovesssssssssss her some taiyaki. She bumps into Yuuichi on his first day in town and they instantly become friends. She used to know Yuuichi from 7 years prior where they went to "school" together.
    Voice Type: Medium-High / Semi-Nasally
    Extra: Ayu is involved in all 5 movies. She is semi-prominent in 2 of them and is on-screen 90% of the time in 1 of them. Probably recording around 500 pages of script.

CASTED: Driatan

Name: Nayuki Minase (nah-you-kee mee-nah-say)
    Bio: Nayuki is the first of the girls to be seen on screen. She is Yuuichi's cousin and she goes to pick him up at the train station. 7 years ago he broke a promise to her and he is now trying to repay back his debt. She is very kind and very sleepy.
    Voice Type: High / Slow / Sleepy
    Extra: Nayuki is involved in all 5 movies. She is semi-prominent in 1 of them while being the star of the other. Probably around 300 pages of script.

Casted: SacredTear

Name: Makoto Sawatari (mah-koh-toh sah-wah-tah-ree)
    Bio: Makoto attacks Yuuichi one day claiming that he screwed her over in the past and now she's getting revenge. The only problem is that she has amnesia and the only thing she can remember is that she hates Yuuichi. She is very energetic and just wants to eat nikuman and read manga.
    Voice Type: Medium to Medium-High / Nasally
    Extra: Makoto is involved in all 5 movies. She is semi-prominent in 4 of them while being the star of 1. Probably around 400 pages of script.

Casted: Dazed

Name: Shiori Misaka (shee-oh-ree mee-sah-kah)
    Bio: Shiori meets Yuuichi when Ayu accidentally hits a tree causing snow to fall on her head. She is currently off sick with a cold and meets up with Yuuichi at lunchtime to eat ice-cream in the middle of winter. She is very polite and soft-spoken.
    Voice Type: Medium / Soft
    Extra: Shiori is involved in all 5 movies but she is barely involved in 4 of them while being the star of 1.

LINE: "They're called miracles because they don't exist."

Name: Mai Kawasumi (my kah-wah-sooh-mee)
    Bio: Yuuichi meets Mai in the hallway of school at night while she is fighting demons. He begins to hang out with her more (including being her date to the ball) and starts to fight the evil spirits with her nightly. She doesn't speak often and when she does it is quiet and quick.
    Voice Type: Medium-Low to Medium / Soft
    Extra: Mai is only involved in her own movie She doesn't even appear in the other girl's movies. While she is the main heroine, due to her shy personality she doesn't speak often resulting in maybe 100 pages of script.

Casted: LollipopProductions

Minor Characters

Name: Akiko Minase (ah-kee-koh mee-nah-say)
    Bio: Akiko is Yuuichi's aunt and Nayuki's mother. She allowed Yuuichi to come live with her once his parents moved out of the country. She is very laid-back and polite and charming. She is one of the most likable characters throughout Kanon.
    Voice Type: Medium to Medium-High / Gentle
    Extra: Akiko is highly involved in 1 movie while being somewhat involved in 2 others. Probably 100 pages of script

Casted: Mizura

Name: Sayuri Kurata (sah-you-ree kooh-rah-tah)
    Bio: Sayuri is Mai's best friend. She is by Mai's side 100% even if it means enraging the Student Council which she was once apart of. She refers to herself in third-person.
    Voice Type: High / Girly
    Extra: While Sayuri is only involved in 1 movie (not even appearing in the other films) she has more dialogue than the main heroine. Also, she is the only minor character to receive their own storyline (which is shown in Mai's movie). Probably around 200 pages of script.

CASTED: ChibiSammii

Name: Kaori Misaka (cow-ree mee-sah-kah)
    Bio: Kaori is Nayuki's best friend and Yuuichi's classmate. She has a lot of family issues and doesn't like to share her personal life with anyone but herself.
    Extra: Kaori is a part of each film but only a strong role in 1 of them. Probably 150 pages of script.

CASTED: Sakura Hughes

Name: Mishio Amano (mee-shee-oh ah-mah-noh)
    Bio: Mishio refuses to allow herself to have any friends and she won't get close to anyone. The only reason she talks to Yuuichi is to help him deal with Makoto.
    Voice Type: Low to Medium - Low / Polite / Soft
    Extra: Mishio only appears in one film and is not very prominent. Probably 50 pages.

Casted: xPrincessAi

Name: Jun Kitagawa (june kee-tah-gah-wah)
    Bio: Jun is Yuuichi's classmate. He provides comedic relief.
    Extra: Jun only appears to provide comedic relief for the most part. Probably 25 pages of script.

Casted: x3Ren

Name: Kuze (kooh-zay)
    Bio: Kuze is in the Student Council. His father knows Sayuri's father and he has a strong hatred for Mai.
    Voice Type: Medium-Low to Medium
    Extra: Kuze briefly appears in Mai's storyline. Probably 10 pages of script.

CASTED: Bal

So, yeah!
    If you have any questions just ask
    And I hope to hear some great auditions!!

Last edited by chikocchi; 11-19-2012 at 07:40 AM.

2. #2 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    Even though I haven't watched or played Kanon yet I would like to try out for this! Expect an audition for Yuuichi from me soon! ^_^
    Current Projects:

3. #3 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    Blog Entries
    Yay, you finally put this up again

I will audition ASAP !

Available for Scouting?: Maybe. Contact me about it.

4. #4 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    Just sent in auditions for all the males.

5. #5 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ChibiSammii View Post
    Yay, you finally put this up again

I will audition ASAP !
    Yupp ^^
    I took a minor vacation from working on it and then I went back and finished writing all 5 scripts so now all I need is voices ^^
    Also, the e-mail address has changed so make sure you send your audition to the new one

6. #6 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerbug94 View Post
    Just sent in auditions for all the males.
    Audition received ^^

7. #7 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    【Semi Active Again】 Sakura Hughes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh you starting this again Guess I'll audition again xD

8. #8 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    Definitely auditioning for this. I'll audition for all the males. :]

Edit: Okay.. 1000+ script for the main character.. So not auditioning for him. Moving onto the comedic relief character!

Edit #2:
    I was wondering if you can provide more information on the lines. What they're feeling at the time or what you want it to sound like.
    Last edited by x3Ren; 06-21-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Current Roles or Casted As:
    None so far.

Youtube: RenSkylar

Videos:

9. #9 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 
    Quote Originally Posted by x3Ren View Post
    Edit #2:
    I was wondering if you can provide more information on the lines. What they're feeling at the time or what you want it to sound like.

Sure
    For these audition lines I just picked random lines from the script so when reading the script it will be clearer what emotion is needed ><
    Heheh~
    Anyways:
    Jun's lines are being during a scene where he is whispering to Yuuichi because he notices Shiori standing outside in the middle of class
    Kuze's lines are during a scene where Yuuichi and Sayuri are trying to convince the student council to let Mai come back to school but the student council hates Mai and Kuze hates her too.

10. #10 Re: Kanon: The Visual Novel Dub 

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast