PLEASE READ THE INTRODUCTION. There are some important things there that you may want to know not to get angry later! We donít want no angry people
Hello there! So, my first (and probably last for a VERY long time) project that Iíll be needing voice actors for. My friend and I are students of digital art and next year, weíre doing our bachelor degree.
For that we will be working on a 3D animated trailer for a novel, in style of the movie trailers.
The animation will be realistic, but with a touch of vivacity like you may encounter in fantasy art pieces.
As itís a big work, it will take time and it will not be finished by next year, but that also means that, unless something really unpredictable happens, it will be finished.
Now let me be honest with you, because I believe nobody likes to feel cheated. This project is in early stages, but we want to make basic sound ground work as it will help us a ton to build a bit around it and avoid later having to adjust the animation to fit in the voices just right. But because of the projectís early stage, it is possible that some character lines may get cut out. Then again, the text is scarce, so I would say even if that should happen, it wonít cost anyone a lot of time. And I will be grateful for your help nonetheless, because even if some line will get cut out for whatever reason later, it will be with us for the most of the process and will help us along the way.
That being said, Iím pretty attached to the script as it is right now and if no truly compelling arguments will be given, it shall stay as it is. I would prefer though that people who are cast remain contactable in case we wanted to add or modify a line. I realize that sounds bothersome, but this project is important to us and it will take a LOT of effort, so we need it as perfect as we can make it.
But the most lines a character has is 8, so I promise, it wonít be really bothersome
DEADLINE: 20th of July, 23:59 GMT+2.
For now, Iím setting the deadline 1 month from now, but if I donít find suitable voices, Iíll extend it by another month and then another, if need be. I have a pretty strict vision of these characters, so please donít be offended if youíve auditioned and didnít get picked. Itís not always because you were bad, itís just because my vision was different If you ever created a story, youíd understand!
SEND THE LINES TO: email@example.com. Please entitle the message with your username and optionally characters youíre auditioning for.
AUDITIONING: you may audition for however many characters you want and send multiple takes (as long as they really DIFFER. Donít send similar takes of one line. Thanks). NAME the lines yourname_character_index.wav/mp3.
AUDIO QUALITY IS VITAL. Bad audio quality is an instant no. Sorry to the folks with worse mics, but we really must keep it sounding professional.
Now onto the characters and their lines. They sound dramatic, but itís a trailer. Thatís the whole point! The descriptions are very brief and only tell things you need to know. I want to avoid spoilers, but there's a lot, lot more to this story than it's possible to show in a trailer
Amon is main character of the novel. He is a mage and a decurser (heals curses and deals with souls). A rather calm and warm character, but with a hint of cynical vibe.
Voice: He should sound his age, Iím looking for a pleasant manly voice - not too high, but not too low. No growls or anything like that. I would like him to have a slight accent. Not British, something more exotic. But it should be natural and really not too obtrusive.
PLEASE MIND: he never abbreviates the words. If the line says ďhe was, he is, let us goĒ or anything like that, say it like that.
1. Hell no! (amused, throwing a donut at his friend to prevent him from giving a speech)
2. Maybe there is something I can do. (thoughtful, worried, just got very bad, important news - but not personal)
3. Madram Quor Efiere. [pronounciation of Efiere: Es like in Bed, all 3 audible](speaks about a complete taboo, hesitant, but strong)
4. I would not know. (pause) After all, I am not even here. (a dream sequence, speaking calmly, distant, a hint of sadness would be nice)
5. It was just another nightmare, Sant. Nothing more. (calms his friend after she wakes up from a nightmare, terrified)
Santís the prophetess, gentle and sensitive. Tormented by nightmares.
Voice: She should have a gentle mid-high voice, but absolutely nothing anime-like. Accents of all sorts welcome.
1. By the gods, the speech arrives. (amused, is about to be bored to death. A rolling-eyes kind of line)
2. When I look at them, I wish I was normal. I wish I was allowed to love. (melancholic, she says this to her love with whom she canít be together because of rules of her upbringing, They are both aware of the situation)
3. There is one thing that can be done... Heís immortal, heís insane, but there is one thing... (worried, scared, sheís thinking about the absolute taboo and sheís hesitant to voice her thoughts).
4. Itís because of these nightmares... I saw you all dead! Sinhail (she says this name with fear, as if a reason for why she's sorry, she doesn't apologize TO Sinhail, more like ABOUT Sinhail)... Iím so sorry! (remorseful, explains herself, but full of guilt)
5. Prophets dreams donít lie... They never lie. (a sad acceptance, she stands before a grave of her friends)
6. Do you still remember this moment? (pause) The sun that morn... so bright. (dream sequence, distant, thoughtful and sad. Imagine talking to a ghost, trying to recapture a memory).
7. But... what if it wasnít? (worried)
An ambitious, highly intelligent mage/researcher. Born leader.
Voice: Again, a pleasant male voice, not too high, not too low. NO ACCENT for this one, please.
1. After five years of hard work, the grand day arrives. (pompous, heís about to give a speech, but with a smile - he knows his friends wonít be happy about it)
2. I seems weíll have a riddle to solve. (excited, intrigued, but mind that they stand before a hangman, and riddle is a murder)
3. You should be. (angry, cold, but doesnít yell)
Frillís a soul weaver/hooker. A very warm, kind person.
Voice: she should sound young and warm, other than that - go at it. Accents, no accents, husks in the voice, whatever you please.
1. Today we will witness the most holy ceremony of weaving together two souls in love, so that they will always be together. In life and in death alike. (imagine priest at a wedding, but sheís really feeling it, sheís very happy for the two weaved people).
Councilís Leader. Politician.
Voice: More on the low side, but medium could work as well. Stern and strong for sure, may sound 30-50 years old. No accent.
1. The Magai Killer is back. (announcement)
A 10 year old boy, victim of experiments.
Voice: sounds like a boy. No accent.
1. Please, sir, no more..! No more experiments... (terrified, begging. Natural pauses, or a squeal welcome, but donít overdo it).
Slime ball working at asylum. Not very eloquent, but not ME SMASH dumb or anything.
Voice: feel free to play around with harsher voices, or squeaky voices, whatever you want. Accents irrelevant. Around 40-50 years of age.
1. Lady Crimidine, they say that the boy is gone from his cell... again. (bringing the news, thatís not too grieve or too surprising, but heís obliged to report it. Heís surely hoping he wonít have to find the boy).
Heís pretty mad. But donít go drooling-insane mad.
Voice: whatever you please, but no stereotypical screeching madmen. Accent/no accent ok. Anywhere between 30 and 50 years old.
1. Poison..? Oh, nobody... *poisoned* him <cackles>. (he definitely has something else in mind. Heís very content and amused by Crimidineís growing fear as she hears him).
One of the rebels. Mature, calm man.
Voice: nothing extraordinary. Any accent/no accent okay. 30-40 years old.
1. It has begun. (hopeful, watching the sky, itís a good event for him incoming, but also fills him with anxiety)
2. Viridian. (answers Elticaís question, make the word powerful, for him it means hope).
A mature, strong woman. Previously a subject of experiments, lived in an asylum for past few years.
Voice: Strong, but not bulky. She shouldn't sound like a tomboy. 20-30 years old.
1. The color of hope? (hopeful, more excited and happy than she wishes to show)
Thanks! I'll keep the post updated in case anything changed and I'll reply to everyone letting them know I've received their audition. If I don't reply in a longer while, feel free to poke and inquire.
EDIT: Added the voice age-ranges, as requested. I guess it might help some people if no pictures are provided