Thank you for your time in viewing this post. This is my first time here, and first time posting, so if I mess anything up or make anything unclear feel free to ask and I will respond as quickly as possible to help clear up any confusions. This project was written for a guild on www.neopets.com as it contains characters and regions from neopets it is listed under Fan Audio. This plot is written for Halloween, so it focuses on some creatures, ghost, and a reporter going into a mysterious woods region. The casting calls for 8 voice actors to anyone interested in lending their voice. All the information and complete details can be found by visiting http://www.neopets.com/~wigglenose I have the character lines listed in different colors, so you can quickly go through and see how much speaking is involved, as well as a short pronunciations guide listed on the right hand side under the available characters. This is a one-shot plot. I will be writing other stories like this in the future based around the neopets universe if you are interested feel free to include that in the e-mail letting me know what voices best suit you and how long of roles you prefer, and I will attempt to implement a character for you to voice in upcoming pieces.
You may audition for as many roles as you like, please note in the e-mail if you would be interested in doing multiple roles if a voice for the additional role you auditioned for is not found.
Audition deadline - This is a shorter piece, so the deadly is monday the 11th for auditions, and you will know which part you have by the end of the day, and will then have 1 week to record your final lines for the character to play.
Current Available Cast:
Narrator - Open to any gender, any age, has the largest amount of text to be read.
Malicus - Deep masculine adult voice. : 7 parts
Brain Tree - Open gender; however, interested in someone who can provide a wise elderly hollow "wood" type of voice that is course but fine. : 4 lines
Esophagor - Spooky voice with slurps, drools, hungry creature. : 8 parts
Mystery Villian - Open gender : 1 line
Skinnels - Ghost character with wispy male voice. : 3 parts
Secretary - Open gender any age. : 3 lines
Edna - Fiesty grumpy female witch. : 7 parts
To submit your audition please submit your entry in the highest recording quality you can perform on your computer, so I can get a sense of how much sound editing I would need to do to merge the multiple vocal tracks together. If possible 44100hz .mp3 format and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title as "Hallows Eve Audition"
The completed works will be posted as audio tracks along with images on to www.youtube.com/neoguides if chosen I will obtain information from you for the completed works of how you would like people to connect to you, whether that be links to your youtube channel, or other locations.
Lines to submit for the audition:
"-Ring*Ring- -Ring*Ring- The sounds of a phone jingle drifted through the air filling the small room with a shuffle of life. A tiny turtum dashed out from underneath the bed covers and ran across the wood floor, causing a clatter of tiny footsteps. A snidberry charm, hanging off the phone, dangled over the side of a bedside table just within reach for the turtum to grab tight of the charm with it's mouth and carry the phone back to the bed where it's owner was sleeping. The turtum dropped the phone off on the pillow leaving the phone to ring until it's owner woke up. -Ring*Ring- -Ring*Ring-"
1. Malicus folded his hands together and looked down speaking in a grave voice. "Our main reporter for the Haunted Woods region has gone missing."
2. Malicus ex-haled a long deep deep breath that rattled the objects scattered across his desk. "In my honest opinion, out of all the places to fear most would be wherever the reaper lays his scythe to rest. Besides the tombstones is where we begin your test. The threat is real and the danger is too, whether you survive will be up to you."
1. "Sign your name here and he will be down to see you shortly."
2. "Yes sir, you have a guest here to see you. Yes sir. Yes sir, understood."
3. "If you will go through that elevator up to the 4th floor, go down the hall to the left, Malicus will be there for you."
1. "Can I help you little one? For a small fee of food I will answer a question you may have for the Brain Tree's riddle."
2. "My my my little child of wonder how ever do you assume to take those matters into your own hands and rebel against the rules of the Haunted Woods? As your punishment I shall seek no trifle of a snack, but leave you to seek out a magical ingredient that can only be crafted and not found. Maybe that will teach you a lesson in manners child, now go get me a magical blue grub casserole before I decide to gobble up you instead."
3. "Oh it's just you again small one." The Esophagor sighed deeply. "Not here to let me eat you, are you?"
Brain Tree -
1. "Before an answer you must seek to get the reward at it's peak."
2. "To answer your question you first must seek the time of death of Skinnels the Skeith."
3. "From your brain I do not trust the answers lost in the Esophagor's touch."
1. "I do not have the time nor desire to help the likes of you two. I am very busy searching for my pet, but now that I see you "non-residents" I sincerely question if my pet was not so much missing but rather stolen."
2. The door slammed shut and a voice snuck it's way through the door crack. "The timer has started."
3. "It appears though you only have a minute left. Seems you are out of time and have lost your pet as well. I will watch you in these final moments, but my time for flight is drawing near. The seconds on the watched dragged out as Edna counted down the last ten seconds. 5...4...3...2...1....."
"I haven't had anyone call me that name for awhile. The apparition muttered. Yes I am Skinnels. You being here means that the network sent you to come after my disappearance. In a short nutshell what happened was that after I saw the mysterious workers I was sitting alone preparing to write what I had seen, but a strange mist rolled in over me and the next thing I knew I had awoken in this graveyard. I am no longer the living sort as you can see, and as such I can't touch material things like phones to call the network or paper to write to them."
Mystery Villain -
"The time has come my minions. Phase 1 is now underway. Those fools at the network will be focused on the meaningless task I have the workers taking care of and nobody will catch on to us before it's too late." A deep laughter filled the walls of the room"
Thank you all for your time.