This is a Final Fantasy VII Fandub Project. Read description for more details.
Hey everyone! We're currently on episode 8. I'm currently recasting Rufus Shinra and Sephiroth because my previous voice actor couldn't (or won't) use a better mic after I've given him enough time to improve his quality. I'm looking for someone who is reliable and won't delay the project for a long time. This is a full dub and you will be expected to be reliable. If you do not have enough free time to do lines for this project, please don't bother auditioning.
So if any of you guys are interested, please go ahead and audition!
Click here if you want to see samples of my previous work!
Before you think of auditioning:
1) Make sure you have time to commit yourself to this. This is a full dub.
2) Make sure you can stick with the project and meet deadlines. DO NOT take a long time for a script.
3) Put forth your best effort, no exceptions.
4) Have fun with it!
-Record your auditions as one line per file. Title it “character name_your username_line number” (ex: Yuffie_SonicTheVA_01).
-Keep multiple takes of the same line in the same file.
- Save it as any audio format (MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, etc.)
-Please have a decent microphone. I will no longer tolerate horrible microphone quality.
-Place all the lines in a zipped file titled “yourusername_FFVII_Auditions” (ex: SonicTheVA_FFVII_Auditions).
- You can also zip them into an .rar or .7z file. Nothing else.
-Attach it to an email addressed to email@example.com, with the subject line reading “yourusername FFVII Auditions” (ex: SonicTheVA FFVII Auditions).
- If you cannot attach the file in email, you can also upload the zipped file on mediafire, megaupload, sendspace, etc. and send me the link to my email.
- Please, no YouTube videos. Follow the rules above if you want your auditions to be counted.
- I'm sorry but I will probably have to make this "first come first served" (well for Rufus anyway, this doesn't apply to Sephiroth) because I'm in a hurry right now and I will really need to get the project moving. Once again, I apologize if I cast someone soon.
- If I don't find a suitable role, I will have the right to scout.
- If you are cast, you will be expected to be reliable and meet deadlines, no exceptions.
- Please don't audition if you don't have enough time to commit yourself to this project. I've had enough of dealing with unreliable people so please don't waste my time, and yours.
I will try my best to give out critiques if I'm not too busy, but only if you ask. I will also accept redos.
Bio: Rufus became the President of Shinra Inc after his father, President Shinra, died. His main goals are to control the world through the Shinra Company, and increase the company's power. Unlike his father, he desires to control the world with fear.
Age: Mid 20's
Voice Type: Medium (Calm, Callous, Cold-Hearted, Ruthless). I don't mind if you imitate Wally Wingert's version, but original interpretation is encouraged.
Line 1: [to Palmer] So… So Sephiroth was actually here. [to Cloud and the group] …By the way, just who are you?
Line 2: [introducing himself in a sarcastic tone] What a crew. Well, I’m Rufus. The President of Shinra, Inc.
Line 3: [getting annoyed with Heidegger's laugh] Stop that stupid horse laugh. Things are different than when father was in charge.
Line 4: [explaining why he needs Cid's plane] I want to borrow the Tiny Bronco. We're going after Sephiroth. But seems like we've been going in the wrong direction. But now, we think we know where he's headed. But, we have to cross the ocean. That's why we want your plane...
Bio: Sephiroth is the primary antagonist of Final Fantasy VII. He was idolized for his supreme strength and considered a war hero. After misinterpreting his origins, and believing himself to be the only remaining survivor of the Ancients, Sephiroth enacts a vendetta against mankind, with the ultimate goal of becoming a god and controlling the Planet.
Voice Type: Medium-Low to Low (Dark, Smooth). I would like to hear a Crispin Freeman-esque take on Sephiroth, but you don't have to sound like him if you can't. Original interpretation is encouraged.
Line 1: [in Cloud's memory; as a bad guy] In my veins courses the blood of the Ancients. I am one of the rightful heirs to this planet!
Line 2: [talking to Cloud normally about the mission; as a good guy] Our mission is to investigate an old Mako reactor. There have been reports of it malfunctioning, and producing brutal creatures. First, we will dispose of those creatures. Then, we'll locate the problem and neutralize it.
Line 3: [about to go insane; seeing himself as a monster] N... no.... Was I? ...Was I created this way too? Am I the same as all these monsters... You saw it! All of them... were humans... Ever since I was small I've felt... that I was different from the others. Special, in some way. But... not like this...
Line 4: [believing to be superior to Cloud; as a bad guy] Ha, ha, ha…my sadness? What do I have to be sad about? I am the chosen one. I have been chosen to be the leader of this Planet. I have orders to take the Planet back from you stupid people for the Cetra. What should I be sad about?
Praxis678 (Rufus, Sephiroth)
TheGohanSkywalker (Rufus, Sephiroth)