Thread: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye (LINK FIXED!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye (LINK FIXED!) 
    Chasing dreams, in a world without guides. NicoleM_Animefan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pikachu's Goodbye

Ah, Pokemon. So nostalgic. The more times I watch this episode, the more I cry. ;~; It took a while, but here it is! Thank you so much to my lovely cast. Couldn't have done it without you! You were all so fantastic.

Dedicated to my best friends, and to all those who have had to part with loved ones. May we cherish the moments we shared together and look forward to a new tomorrow.

CAST
    Ash: AmeKitsuneChan
    Pikachu: RacheleMichelle
    Misty: Sh3rl0ck
    Brock: SonicShadows
    Jessie: dragonknighttara
    James: Sukisho
    Meowth: Majinboo0111
    Crowd Pikachu: pickle131

Mixing: NicoleM
    Script: English Dub
    SFX: SoundSnap, VAA Library, Personal Collection
    Last edited by NicoleM_Animefan; 05-18-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Nicole M. ~ Voice actress, writer, and audio-engineer.
    Youtube // Visual Reel // Facebook
    ----> Magical Mermaid Dubs: Mermaid Melody in English! <----
    See Me In:
    ☆☆☆

2. #2 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye 
    Blocked now ^^;

I did get a chance to watch before it was. And I really liked it! I thought everyone gave a spot on performance. Don't really have the time to write a full critique but maybe later in the week. I could nitpick like anyone could though, overall this was great and it was wonderful to be apart of! Kudos all around and kudos for mixing this all together!

3. #3 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye 
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Majinboo0111 View Post
    Blocked now ^^;

I did get a chance to watch before it was. And I really liked it! I thought everyone gave a spot on performance. Don't really have the time to write a full critique but maybe later in the week. I could nitpick like anyone could though, overall this was great and it was wonderful to be apart of! Kudos all around and kudos for mixing this all together!
    Thanks so much! : ) It was great to have you a part of it. You did an awesome job. But lol that didn't last long, did it? Copyright is a jerk. =__=

Just re-uploaded it mirrored. Let's see how long it lasts. (I hope it does >__<)

See Me In:
    ☆☆☆

4. #4 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye 
    That girl who never shuts up. pickle131's Avatar
    HNGGGGGGGGH I LOVE THIS <3 Thought everyone was really amazing, there were times I could swear some of the people were the real voice actors but then kept remembering they weren't XD My only complaint would be that sometimes it sounded like people were trying too hard to sound like the original voices and ended up losing emotion because of it, and once or twice ended up getting the emotion right but falling out of character (myself included) It wasn't very noticeable though and overall I really liked it c: this scene <3

Sayuri Maebara

5. #5 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye 
    Blog Entries
    UGH copyright is a big meanie =__= Just letting everyone know the clip has been reuploaded!

See Me In:
    ☆☆☆

6. #6 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye 
    Blog Entries
    Yeah it's rather hard to keep anything on YT XD

Anyway, I thought this came out great! I was actually wondering how it was going not too long ago so it was nice to see it come out

7. #7 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye 
    Lawl I remember watching this when it first aired. They would get all the hate mail in the world if they let pikachu go.

Pikachu- Welp nice impression you got there, I got no complaints with it, nice job!

Ash- A fitting voice and an overall good performance for the character. Plenty of energy and good inflections all around, and I was pleased you didn't do an impression. I do think you need to slow down a bit more on those quieter lines where there are no lip flaps. "I'm sure pikachu would be happier this way" for example could've been said a bit slower and with a tad more meaning. Though for the most part I know Ash isn't being honest with himself, which I think you reflected quite well. Still just those little bits can make your performance shine all the more. Nicely done~ (PS you might want to look into ways to remove your room echo slightly, it can make a performance all the better).

Misty - Lovely tone of voice for the character. I do believe the pacing of your lines comes off a bit slow at times and as thus, can lack energy and emotion. I do feel like her spunky attitude wasn't really there as a result. Also it didn't seem like her tone changed enough to reflect the situation (like when ash was running away). I think its mainly a case of needing to play around with your lines a bit more. But still an enjoyable performance~

Brock- Great impression, sounded legit. Like Misty, I think the lines were expressed a bit too slowly and came off lacking in emotion. It didn't seem like the character was ever changing his tone to match what was going on, so the performance came off a little one dimensional. I know the dub actor probably did the same thing, but I think adding that extra bit of sincerity to the character can really help a scene out.

Meowth- Dandy, not a lot of lines but I liked it. Expressive, quirky sounding and it fit the character just fine. Great job!

James- Not bad, but I don't you were being quite hammy or obnoxious sounding enough. It did sound like you were projecting, just not to the extent you would need to be for the character to be truly entertaining. I think its just a matter of making him sound intentionally silly.

Jessie- Great voice and tone, and a mostly fine performance. Like James I do feel like a bit more hammyness and expression was needed. Still enjoyable, but with an extra push it would perfection.

8. #8 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye (LINK FIXED!) 
    When the Ark strikes 000... Seymour's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Managed to snag this before it went down the first time.

SO. REVIEWING TIME (Because I am such a PK Nerd)

Pikachu- Very good take on the little yellow buddy, I felt some parts could've been pushed a little more, like when falling into Ash's arms and such, then giggling when they are celebrating escaping and such.

Ash- ORIGINALITY. I LOVE IT. It's very different from Rica, Veronica, and Sarah's take on Ashy boy, and the emotion was pretty rock solid, kudos

Misty - A good take on the original voice for Misty, but I felt it was missing it's early spunk, Misty got more feminine towards Togepi's arrival, and I felt that was what I was hearing, but then again, this wasn't something that called for Misty being boyish, but more..sentimental. So well done

Brock- I felt this was more impersonating than acting, and I think that was a misfire, it's good to try to land a voice that matches the original, but if you can act better and a different voice that can still suit Brock, I'd say go for it.

Meowth- It was quirky and raspy, but I felt it very...human, and I think it could've used more of a push to the more creature like texture. But the acting was good

James- Same problem as Brock, it was a good impression, but it wasn't good acting, and it needed more of a push to make me feel like it was legit.

Jessie- DKT, I loved your performance as Jessie, it had the right push on the impression, and the acting, some points can be pushed, but it was still a great performance and I would've been fine with it in the studio cut

All in all, it was a good clip and the key pieces for it had the right push to make it entertaining, but much like most productions in the end, tweaking could've been made (hey I'm guilty of it too, lol)
    "Motivation will keep your eyes on your goal, but Discipline will help you move towards it."
    VG/Animation Voice Reel

9. #9 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye (LINK FIXED!) 
    What is a life and can I eat it? MeroMeroSaharade's Avatar
    OMILKFJDASIJALSKJALSI *A*
    Brock, Jesse, and James' voices sound so much like the original! //is shocked

I found it really cool that they sound like the original, but the fact that they had their own uniqueness amazes me~ I love all your clips! Good job <3
    Available for scouting?: Contact me first!

10. #10 Re: [CLIP] Pokemon Season 1 - Pikachu's Goodbye (LINK FIXED!) 
    I would have commented on this sooner, but wanted to watch it again first. I think overall this clip was really good, and I think everyone did a wonderful job. I had no idea that most of the cast was doing impersonations like I was, so that was a nice surprise.

First of all, I want to say that all the Pikachu sounded amazing. They were so close to what I remember of the original that I was almost fooled into thinking that's what was used. So good job to both of you, RacheleMichelle and pickle131!

AmeKitsuneChan, your take on Ash was nice and unique. I didn't have any problem at all with the voice itself, and the acting was pretty stellar throughout the clip. The only thing that stood out to me was how the "Hurry up!" line sounded a little too angry, but I'm just nitpicking at this point. xD

Sh3rl0ck, there probably isn't much more to say about your Misty that everyone else hasn't. Her tomboyishness didn't really show, but I don't think this specific clip really gave you the chance to show that off anyway. So with that aside, I think you did a great job.

dragonknighttara, you sounded exactly like Rachael Lillis to me. You captured Jessie's character perfectly, and I can't think of any complaints to make.

Sukisho, I think you and I basically had the same flaw. You did a great job of mimicking Eric Stuart's James, but it seemed that's where the majority of your focus went. I wouldn't say your acting was bad, but you didn't give that extra burst of loud annoyingness that James is known for. Add that into the mix, and you'll have a flawless impression.

And now we come to Majinboo0111's Meowth. I really don't have much to say, but then neither did you. xD You may have had the least amount of lines, but everything you said sounded like genuine Meowth to me. If you were going for a Maddie Blaustein impersonation, I'd recommend trying to sound a little more harsh.

As for me, I honestly don't remember sounding that bland when I was working on my lines. I was recording alongside the dub to use Eric Stuart's Brock as a reference, and must have started working more on imitating that than delivering my lines in a unique way. I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I achieve Pewter City gym leader status.

Once again, I congratulate everyone on an excellent performance. This is one of my favorite Pokemon moments from my childhood, and I think we did it justice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast