Thread: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave"

1. #1 Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    I created this account a long time ago with the intent of voice acting, but it's a lot easier to find time for singing than it is for VA-ing...

Anyways, here's an English fandub of the first opening for the tokusatsu show Kamen Rider Blade!

I spent a lot of effort making the lyrics, so I hope you liked them!

Comments? Criticisms? Concerns? Requests?

2. #2 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    This was really entertaining!

There are very few peoples lyrics that I really enjoy and yours are on that list!
    I think you have a really good and steady voice. Nothing in your mix seems out of place either and that I applaud you for.
    I really hope to see you around more doing these cool covers.

3. #3 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    @Trivial Serenity Thanks for the compliments! ^^

I started covering/fandubbing/writing English lyrics for songs a while ago, but I was pretty sucky then in terms of recording and mixing and writing XDD. So hearing this from you really makes me feel that I improved from my crappy beginnings Thanks so much!

4. #4 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    You have a very nice voice. I really like your tone~~~ <333
    You're lyrics are very well written~ ||High Five|| I always appreciate people's well written lyrics.
    It make me cringe when they are awkward sounding or off beat~ Great Job on that~
    I enjoyed it. hahaha The video was funny to watch. xDD

Keep on singing & writing~ (^ - ^)/

5. #5 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    Ah sweet,something I don't see very often in this site is a tokusatsu cover. One of Kamen Rider nonetheless.

On to the critiques.....

I feel that you were playing it a bit safe in this cover and as a result you sound like you were holding yourself back a bit. But it does get better at certain parts. The lyrics are the real winner here as you managed to make it fluent in English without sounding too awkward. I hope to see more vids like this in the future.

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!!

6. #6 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    @Eryngo I KNOW. The whole reason why I started writing lyrics and recording was because of the bad videos I saw on Youtube =w= But I suppose if it weren't for them, I wouldn't have gotten to this point? Thanks a lot!

@Xephon0930 Yes, I was holding back XD I wanted to create a sense of crescendoing, but maybe that doesn't work as well with tokusatsu songs as I'd like And I'm glad you like the tokusatsu cover! I was a bit apprehensive on doing it even though I love the genre to death since I feel like it's more niche-y to most Western people, but it's all worth it And I spent lots of time on the lyrics, so I'm glad you like Thank you!

7. #7 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    Well, that show looked....... Peculiar. It's like a mix between Yu-Gi-Oh! and Power Rangers on motorcycles. O_O

The song was a bit catchy, though. Still, I agree with Xephon0930 that you took it a bit too easy with the singing. Would have liked some more power where it was appropriate. It's pretty decent, still.

8. #8 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    @Frozen Death Knight, Oh the Kamen Rider series is devilishly fun (for me LOL. Probably not everyone's cup of tea) One of my many guilty pleasures XDD It's in the same, costumed-superheroes-fight-villains genre as Power Rangers, though I'd say the card aspect of this particular show in the series is more akin to Cardcaptor Sakura.

I will definitely remember to have MOAR POWER! Thank you so much!

9. #9 Re: Kamen Rider Blade OP1 English Fandub - "Round Zero ~ Blade Brave" 
    Wow...
    *Subscribes*