Thread: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries

You heard right, a SEQUEL to "Eureka SeveN" finally exists. Now, before you get all excited, allow me to inform you that it is not a direct sequel. And it doesn't seem like a sequel at first, until you do some research. [From the E7 Wiki] Eureka Seven: AO (エウレカセブンAO (エイオー) Eureka Sebun AO (Ei Ō), "Astral Ocean") is an upcoming mecha anime TV series by Bones, serving as a sequel to the original Eureka Seven anime. AO tells the story of Ao Fukai, a young boy who "sets destiny in motion again when he held the power." It will be adapted into both an anime and a manga.

The main character, Ao Fukai, is supposedly Eureka's son, whom she gives birth to after falling from the sky onto Iwado Island, in the year 2025. This is where it gets STRANGE. Apparently, there is supposed to be some kind of very bold connection between the two series. While I know Wiki isn't the most reliable source, Ao's wiki lists him as "Ao Thurston Fukai", and lists his father, aunt, grandfather, and siblings as the Thurston family we're all too familiar with. What could have caused this strange sequence of events?

As far as I know, there are 3 episodes out so far. What do you think about this newest installment? Could BONES have actually done something for the fans with "E7: AO"? Tell me your opinion below!
    Last edited by SaigoSentinel; 04-28-2012 at 08:14 PM.

2. #2 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    Some Updates:

"Flower Mound, TX – April 28, 2012 -FUNimation Entertainment announced today at Anime Central it has acquired the home media rights to the feature film King of Thorn and series Eureka 7: AO (Astral Ocean)." (Source).

So, looks like we'll be getting some English episodes on either Adult Swim or Toonami, whichever one prevails.

Spoiler:     

3. #3 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaigoSentinel View Post
    Some Updates:

"Flower Mound, TX – April 28, 2012 -FUNimation Entertainment announced today at Anime Central it has acquired the home media rights to the feature film King of Thorn and series Eureka 7: AO (Astral Ocean)." (Source).

So, looks like we'll be getting some English episodes on either Adult Swim or Toonami, whichever one prevails.
    Toonami?....hmm I'm pretty sure that ended in 2008 xD (aside from the April Fools joke)

As for AS I dunno, they haven't put much new series on there lately, all that it means for right now is that FUNi is releasing it on video, streaming on their own site and probably on their own channel.

I checked out the series when it started, it's okay overall though I don't think I'll be keeping up with it.

4. #4 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    Well, the April Fools joke seem to have started a revolution. So frankly, I wouldn't doubt it if we have it back in the next 2-3 years. And Adult Swim aired the original E7, so it seems likely they'll air this one too. I mean, they aired both FMAs, so it makes sense.

5. #5 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Jack of all Trades Artist Winter 'neechan's Avatar
    Looks like an interesting idea, at least. I'll have to look into trying to find the episodes or something... Hmm, wonder if the anime and manga will follow the same storyline this time?

My deviantArt | My FFNet | Voice demo/sample here!
    Current roles: Sarah Daws (Guard Duty, a Halo Machinima series by Josh KG), Fujin (XStarlightSkyX's FF VIII Fandub), Ellone and Flo (Taniyatsu's FF VIII Fandub), and Claire Sims (The Epic Sequel by Lotica Studios)

6. #6 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    From what I can tell, it does, but I haven't really followed the manga. I know from the small bit I have read, it was close. XD

7. #7 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Jack of all Trades Artist Winter 'neechan's Avatar
    The end of the manga was completely different.

Spoiler:     

My deviantArt | My FFNet | Voice demo/sample here!
    Current roles: Sarah Daws (Guard Duty, a Halo Machinima series by Josh KG), Fujin (XStarlightSkyX's FF VIII Fandub), Ellone and Flo (Taniyatsu's FF VIII Fandub), and Claire Sims (The Epic Sequel by Lotica Studios)

8. #8 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    Oh, no, what I mean is that the AO manga follows it pretty well. XD

9. #9 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    It has the best opening theme song this season...

ESCAPE!!!...

10. #10 Re: Eureka SeveN: AO (Astral Ocean) Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeBlur View Post
    It has the best opening theme song this season...

ESCAPE!!!...
    THIS GUY. Yes. I'm SO buying the single when it comes out. XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast