Thread: Call for voice-over actors for microjobbing

1. #1 Call for voice-over actors for microjobbing 
    Hi,

I recently started an online creative marketplace where creative people can sell their creativity by doing microjobs. I added a category for “audio & voice” in order to give voice-over actors an opportunity to make money. First I have lot of doubts about this category, however last month one member signed up and started a pitch.. I still need more talented artists who can come up with brilliant ideas to make money by selling microjobs for small projects to advertising companies (for commerials?) or individuals (for gifts?)... Still not sure about this category, so I hope voice-over actors here can convince me.

Example:

http://www.streetlance.com/Audio-Voi...-YouTube-video

You can post unlimited pitches, upload youtube vids and registering is free. Really hope you can join my community in the “audio & voice” section so it would be a popular place for talented voice-over actors to make some money..

Join this creative marketplace!

Thanks!

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeffrey1979; 04-27-2012 at 11:39 PM.

2. #2 Re: Call for voice-over actors for microjobbing 
    Maybe I should clarify my concept a bit more. This website is not meant to lower the prices of the professional voice over services you're offering right now but to give you an extra opportunity to market yourself to the consumers and "low-end" business market (website owners, retailers etc). For example, you can start a pitch on streetlance and let's say: "I can record a voice over up to 60 seconds promoting your website, services or company and send you the mp3 for $10". A very specific microjob which you can finish in a short amount of time right?

A normal person would never pay $80 for a 60 secs personalized voice over audio. However if you can offer it for this price, it will be a very cost effective way for lots of website and business owners. If you see it as a way of promotion you can cancel the pitch anytime you want, if you for example sold 20 pitches, and get 2 returning clients who want to pay your regular price.

I personally think posting on Streetlance is a great way for startups to kick start themselves, gain experience, build up a portfolio while making money. Like the restaurants owners who participate to a Groupon campaign, it's all about promotion and your creative approach how to make your business continuous and attract new clients.

3. #3 Re: Call for voice-over actors for microjobbing 
    Maybe I should clarify my concept a bit more. This website is not meant to lower the prices of the professional voice over services you're offering right now but to give you an extra opportunity to market yourself to the consumers and "low-end" business market (website owners, retailers etc). For example, you can start a pitch on streetlance and let's say: "I can record a voice over up to 60 seconds promoting your website, services or company and send you the mp3 for $10". A very specific microjob which you can finish in a short amount of time right?

A normal person would never pay $80 for a 60 secs personalized voice over audio. However if you can offer it for this price, it will be a very cost effective way for lots of website and business owners. If you see it as a way of promotion you can cancel the pitch anytime you want, if you for example sold 20 pitches, and get 2 returning clients who want to pay your regular price.

I personally think posting on Streetlance is a great way for startups to kick start themselves, gain experience, build up a portfolio while making money. Like the restaurants owners who participate to a Groupon campaign, it's all about promotion and your creative approach how to make your business continuous and attract new clients.

4. #4 Re: Call for voice-over actors for microjobbing 
    So you are the developer of Streetlance? Somehow not clear yet.