CAST LIST IS UP! Please check Post #3!
Thank you guys for all your auditions! You are ALL very talented and I look forward to working with some of you!
Hello, VAA! My friend is in need of some voice actors for his Flash production that is based on the video game series, Kingdom Hearts.
I, Suzzi, am in charge of picking and deciding the voice actors for this flash, cooperating with Donnie, the Flash maker and the one who is putting this all together.
(I am voicing Kairi, btw.)
The production is not finished in its fully dub-ready form, as we are trying to make the process more efficient by working on the Flash AND gathering the necessary SFX and voice actors.
A script for EACH EPISODE of the Flash production will be given to the selected voice actors (and possibly, understudies!) once our team of writers has produced something worthy of your time. (We want to produce the first episode BY March 20th!)
here is some of the original work of Donnie, if you are interested - > http://megaswf.com/serve/1149308
still in progress KH:CD - > http://comicmast.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-hearts-corrupted-dreams-menu-2-5-285108225
We are looking for dedicated, punctual, and patient voice actors. It would be ideal if you had an idea of what Kingdom Hearts is or is about.
Here is a synopsis of Kingdom Hearts: CORRUPTED DREAMS . . .
Kingdom Hearts: Corrupted Dreams is a side story that takes place after Chain of Memories, but before Kingdom Hearts II and during 358/2 Days when Sora is still asleep. The story will explain most of what happens in CoM and 358/2 Days. Xemnas, the main antagonist, has a plan to find a Keyblade named "Corrupted Dreams" within the dreams of Sora, while he is regaining his memories. If Xemnas attains "Corrupted Dreams," he will use the Keyblade to create a Dark Replica of Kingdom Hearts.
Audition Deadline: March 15th, 2012!
Recording and Contact information
- Record in [example format: 44100hz 16-bit Stereo MP3]
- Save the lines as "charactername_yourname_linenumber.mp3" (ex: tamtu_vaan_01.mp3)
- Send your auditions to email@example.com AND post a reply in this thread, so I can confirm that I have received your auditions.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR KH1 (THE FIRST GAME)/CHAIN OF MEMORIES VOICES.
C H A R A C T E R S
S O R A
Personality: Sora has a typical brave and heroic personality, meaning he'll willingly risk his life for people he doesn't even know yet, as shown when he tries to save Ansem the Wise from the explosion, to no avail. He's extremely loyal to his friends, and has been shown to be extremely forgiving to Riku (even forgiving Riku for the times he has tried to kill him), and is highly protective of Kairi. He constantly thinks positive and is therefore highly optimistic. Throughout his journeys, he readily puts aside his own personal goals to help those in need.
Sora is an upbeat person, and although he is simple minded at times, he has a strong sense of justice. Sora has matured over a year's time, for instance, when battling enemies in the game, he seems to have a more serious expression on his face. Sora is more confident than before and takes charge of his group. He is also quite caring and reassuring to his other-world friends such as when Beast quits after Xaldin steals his rose. Sora reassured him that they would get it back.
Voice type: Youthful teenager, young, mid-range, boyish.
- Audition line 1: (dazed) I've been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
- Audition line 2: (Desperation/yelling out) Kairi! Remember what you said before? I'm always with you too. I'll come back to you... I promise!
- Audition line 3: (Rambling, then Kairi knocks him on the head.) No, no, this big black dream swallowed me up! I couldn't breathe, I couldn't - ow!
- Audition line 4: (Defiant, determined) That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!
R I K U
Personality: Riku is a calm, cool, collected teen who is not afraid to go far beyond his limits. This shows through when he shows no fear in stepping into the dark portal when Destiny Islands is being consumed by darkness, along with his statement "I'm not afraid of the darkness!"
Also, he seems to be aware of Sora's romantic feelings toward Kairi and often teases him for liking their friend, such as when he challenges Sora to a race, Sora saying that if he wins, he gets to become captain of the raft they're constructing; Riku ups the ante by saying that if he wins, he gets to share a paopu fruit with Kairi. However, he reveals that he only made that bet to see the reaction on Sora's face, which shows his awareness of Sora's feelings for Kairi.He also showed a strong competitive streak, along with a bit of jealousy. He shows his competitive side when he challenges Sora, saying that his heart is stronger than Sora's heart. It is not actually said aloud, but thanks to Maleficent, he became increasingly jealous of Sora. It started with him finding out about Sora's new friends, and his thinking that he had been replaced. The jealousy grew when he learned about Sora possessing the Keyblade. The jealousy turned into rage, resulting in the battles against Sora throughout Kingdom Hearts, and his possession by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.Though his traits were not too favorable in Kingdom Hearts, he becomes more heroic in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Riku has many realizations. One of these was him realizing that he let his heart become weak. From that moment on, he began to shy away from the darkness in his heart. Through the scores of fights and battles in Castle Oblivion, he makes another big realization: he can't get rid of the darkness in his heart, and decides to use it without turning from the light like before. He matured immensely, and along with leaving his past behind him, he also left a lot of his unfortunate traits.
Voice type: Boyish, proud, cocky, determined, mid-range, deeper than Sora's.
- Audition line 1: (Seeking/daydreaming/hoping) I've always wondered why we're here on this island. If there are other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And.. suppose there are other worlds.. then that means ours is just a little piece of something much greater.
- Audition line 2: (Inevitabiliy/brave/risky) Once we step through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness!
- Audition line 3: (Talking to Sora about the Paopu Fruit/teasing/mocking) If two people share one, their destinies become intertwined. They'll remain a part of each other's lives no matter what. C'mon, I know you want to try it.
X E M N A S
Age: Unknown. Appears to be 20~30 years old.
Personality: Being the founder of Organization XIII and apparently the oldest of Nobodies, Xemnas is truly emotionless in every sense of the word and does not even remember what it was like to have any feelings. He claims that this allows him to have a clear understanding of the heart, but in reality, this has warped his mind into believing that only anger, hatred, and other negative emotions are what make up most of a heart.
Xemnas speaks with calmness and deep authority, strangely similar to Master Eraqus. He has a tendency to be overly melodramatic making long-winded speeches, exaggerating his false rage and sorrow with wide sweeping arm movements and hand gestures, like many villains. While ridiculous in nature, his exaggerations are representations of his lack of emotion. He's very intelligent overall, and knows how to manipulate others, particularly Sora and his friends for his own needs.
His lack of emotion deprives him of remorse over his actions, as well as the loss of the other members of the Organization. The only thing he truly cares about is Kingdom Hearts and his desire for power, and even laments it when it is damaged. However, on some occasions, he has appeared to value friendship, as he is shown to converse with the armor of Aqua in the Chamber of Repose, although this is likely due to the influence of Terra as he is in a sense, Terra's body.
Voice type: Adult, authoritative, stoic, deep, low-range.
- Audition line 1: (speech-like) Denizens of light, answer this: why do you hate the darkness?
- Audition line 2: You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark - never given a choice?
- Audition line 3: Riku, are you sure you're not jealous of Sora?
- Audition line 4: Sora, are you sure you can trust Riku?
N A M I N E
Age: Appears to be about 15 years old.
Personality: Naminé was born without memories and without the knowledge that she had emotions, due to the unusual nature of her birth. Because of this, she had no basis of any acting upon her birth. She simply followed the orders of whoever was close to her because it was the only obvious guidance she had, effectively making her very quiet and fragile in personality. This led to her discovery of her ability to feel, as often times she found that blindly following her captors hurt others, something that made Naminé feel responsible and guilty.Naminé often rebelled against her captors because of this guilt in favor of trying to redeem herself by helping someone, sometimes leading to her being a damsel in distress. Rebelling and constantly switching sides caused Naminé's determination and drive to grow significantly from her first appearance. Her more driven personality was put to good use, often going about in a Corridor of Darkness to help the games' other protagonists. She is also apparently very talented with her drawing, as seen when she finished a complex drawing of Castle Oblivion in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.Like Roxas, Naminé seems to possess true emotions, being a special and unusual Nobody. While most Nobodies pretend to have emotions by acting on the memories of their past lives in order to react to a specific situation, Roxas and Naminé had no memories of their past lives, and thus had no basis for any acting.
Voice type: high~mid-range, soft-spoken, yet somewhat defiant.
- Audition line 1: (being held back) Roxas! We will meet again. And then we can talk about everything. I may not know it's you, and you may not know it's me. But we will meet again. Someday soon. I promise!
- Audition line 2: (to Riku) I didn't know. I hoped. I want you to face the darkness, because you're the one who can.
- Audition line 3: (to Roxas) I'm a witch with power over Sora's memories and those around him.
AUDITION DEADLINE: MARCH 15th, 2012!