Successful applicants have been informed. Thanks to all who auditioned!
Hello. I'm starting a Flash series for Newgrounds and YouTube and basically the internet in general called "Desca". Long story short, it's something like Halo or Gears of War; it has to do with aliens, the future, planets, ships, you name it... of course, there's an actual plot behind it, it's not very generic, but I don't need to go into it right now.
I need two more voices, there's ten human soldiers (the plot revolves around them), and eight of them are cast. Aren, Blair, Dimitri, Elu, Hamal, Ion, Devon, Lolo, Azura, and Kei. Ion and Elu are open, they do not have voices yet, and those are the ones I want voices for. Here's a sketch of the male characters (you will see Ion and Elu).
Description: Ion has lots of ego, he's very arrogant and self-confident. He can be a little kind and loving, but for the most part he will literally go out of his way not to do certain things if he thinks it would make him look bad. He is one of the toughest soldiers out of the ten as well.
Voice Type: Either medium/medium-low. Lots of depth, not light-sounding. Proud, somewhat loud. Don't overdo it TOO much, though, I want the characters to sound very realistic. A strong voice.
Line example: My name is Ion. Don't worry, I'll take care of 'em!
Description: Elu is a bit less of what you would consider one of the tougher soldiers; he mainly specializes at being a pilot. Nevertheless, he's still an elite like the rest of them, so he's stronger than regular marines. Basically, he's the "doesn't really want to get involved" type of person, he wants to get the job done and attempt not to get into too deep of a friendship or relationship with anyone else on the team of 10. He's a nice guy, though.
Voice Type: Either medium/medium-high. Lighthearted, but can get a tad annoyed at times, maybe.
Line Example: Hey, my name's Elu. I just... don't wanna get involved, can we please just keep going? Thanks.
And extras... well the aliens. Basically they have rough, low-pitched voices, almost like Locusts from Gears of War, I guess you could say... maybe not THAT gruff and low, but something like that. If you want to voice for one, you probably won't get too many lines, but if you want to anyway, send me an email regarding it, or could just send your interpretation on one of them. Also there will be a couple female aliens as well.
If you wish to participate in this, you must listen to these...
1. You must have a good quality microphone. Or at least a decent one. Not fuzzy, bubbly, muffled, hissy, or anything like that. A pop filter would be nice, but isn't required.
2. Have a Skype. If you don't, you can get one. It makes it way easier if you have a Skype and I need some lines done or we could talk about how to get your character's voice down. I'm on practically 24/7.
3. You MUST check your email regularly. I can't stand it when I have someone who has a part as one of the characters in something I'm making, and I need lines done or I'm asking them a question, and they take 2 weeks to respond or to read it at all. Sometimes they just never reply at all after over a month and I need a new actor. At LEAST check your email every other day... every few hours would be nicer, though...
4. You must be able to yell and scream, I don't think there will really be any cursing, though.
1. Save your audition file as "character_yourname_audition".
2. You may audition for both characters, and if you do, make sure they are in seperate files.
3. MP3 is the preffered format, doesn't matter, though.
4. You're allowed to improvise and say whatever you want in the audition. Just stay in the voice of the character.
5. Send the email to Twisted4000@yahoo.com, with the subject being "Desca Audition". I will respond within 5 hours, generally a few minutes after you send the email.
6. Deadline is February 29th, 2012 @ 11:59PM, MST.
7. I'll be crediting you with your real name, if that's alright.