I have been designing a story called (for the moment) The Third Answer or something along those lines. Basically, it's looking at the world and what it would be like if everyone before they were born (but in full consciousness like an adult) stood before God and were able to ask 3 things about themselves to know their entire lives. It can be anything, but it MUST be about themselves. Examples are "What career will I get?" (I've been thinking about this one a lot)
The alternative (also the one that inspired it) temporarily named Three Things (About me) was the same thing, only we are able to choose 3 things about ourselves that we want. The only rule is you can't ask to be the best at something ('cuz everyone would ask to be the best at X Y and Z and then everyone would be the "best" so we'd all be normal at X Y and Z). It can be either a talent, a personality trait, the way they look, or something along those lines. You choose part of who you are, though you don't choose where you come from (because who does? Can't choose your family lol). Example, someone who wanted to have a talent for singing could live in America and be on here or be in the middle of a third world country or be a tribal princess for all we know.
...Maybe I'll make a trilogy XD The Three-logy. Could be three different versions of a person's life if each of these scenarios were applied or three different lives. This idea is merely sprouting.
I want to see what people would think of to ask Him. And to think of aspirations, ironies, and regrets, and questions that could theoretically come of it.
Hey who knows, maybe you'll get a character based off of you XD I do that to a lot of my friends in real life. They like seeing their story aliases.
Here are some ideas I've come up with to get the creative juices flowing
for Three Things (this one could also be entitled Innate however it's spelled. I've only heard it verbally lol like an innate ability)
for The Third Answer
- go for days without sleeping
- do animal calls
- talk with animals
- drawing ability
- great at giving advice (potential character development can come from the character being horribly shy)
- amathyst eyes (I've always wanted those)
- Humor (typical)
- To be hardworking
- Do the wave with my eyebrows (LOVE that video)
- Being successful at everything one does (Potential conflict being pride, fear of failiure, and group called the "Perfects" because people are jealous of their ability)
- Perhaps having a certain downfall?
Basically, with this, I hope to look at some of the deep questions in life that we spend our lives searching for and what it would be like if we knew the answers. The other route I could go with these is we have three questions/ things we can change about ourselves as we go through life (Potential conflict being trends that people decide to join or jealousy arising, causing someone to decide to use one of their questions.) If we would be asked before we are born, we would not have any prejudgement or strategy to affect our decision; we would choose truly what we want. Choosing after being on this earth for a while, we would (Potential ideas being someone using it to pass a huge test, people thinking that those who ask the questions are insane, learning things about themselves they don't want to know and trying to avoid them from happening, or becoming focused on them.)
- What will my career be?
- Am I outgoing?
- What will be my greatest achievment? (Potential conflict arising from person becoming obsessed with a certain goal)
- Who will be my best friend? (Potential conflict being searching that person out and avoiding others depending on the person)
- What sort of grades will I get in school?
- Where will I live?
- What will be my greatest mistake? (Potential conflict being avoiding anything that has to do with it)
- Will I have warts? (jk. but I do have freckles :3 )
- What is my secret talent? (Haha not so secret anymore, is it?)
- What will my reputation be?
- What will I be good at?
- What will I love doing?
- Who are my parents? (If abandoned/adopted/ect)
- Why am I born?
Any questions or suggestions are fantastic- they help me solidify my ideas. Question answering is good, too. Think about how you would answer them, or a friend or family member, perhaps soeone you don't like. Ideas on how society would be set up because of it would be helpful as well. I imagine a world that becomes very categorized, very stereotypical, including the type that defies the categories. Choosing colleges and careers would be incredibly different. Life would seem a little more directed, but a number of questions would develop from knowing these answers (and you would only have three questions, so you would have to choose wisely ) Feel free to develop or change your ideas as posting goes on. Thanks for reading and helping out!