Thread: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 

Meet the Suzumiyas is a fan fiction by JonBob0008, based of the franchise of anime and light novels Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa. The story entails the difficulties faced by Kyon as his parents move away, and he is offered a place to stay at the Suzumiya Residence. Episode 1 will cover chapters 1-5.

The deadline is February 15th.

Record in mp3. Save file as "charactername_username" Send them to meetthesuzumiyas@yahoo.com

ROLES

Males
    Kyon
    Bio: Your average high schooler, forces to deal with the bizarre and supernatural on a daily basis, and complaining all the way.
    Voice type: Medium to low. Should be able to go on and on with monologues and sounding natural while doing so. Also, sarcastic.
    Audition Line 1: "Seriously, it was such a bone-headed move that I half-believed he did it on purpose. Why does he like these games so much if he sucks at them?" In a disbelieving tone.
    Audition Line 2: "I spent the rest of the day in my room, feeling somewhat sick to my stomach." Sad, melancholy.
    Audition Line 3: "I can't do it! I'm walking my way towards the clubroom, and I can feel that I'm getting cold feet at the idea of letting everyone know at once. To make matters worse, Haruhi is on cleaning duty, so I'd have to wait for her to get done before I'd let everyone know. I know for a fact that waiting for her would drive me up the wall. I could tell the other three first, but then that would leave me telling Haruhi by herself, and I really, really didn't want to do that." Any way you can monologue and sound natural.

Itsuki Koizumi
    Bio: An esper, or psychic, and the king of exposition. Always smiling and sounding mildly happy or enthusiastic.
    Voice type: Medium. Be able to do long monologues. Try to sound like an actor playing a character, because that's what Koizumi is. Like a mask that is always up, only slipping to reveal the serious man underneath in times of stress.
    Audition Line 1: "You're trust in Suzumiya-san is nothing short of amazing. You really think that she won't remake the world upon hearing this news. I hate to admit it, but I'm not so convinced myself. I'm a bit envious of you." Aloof and impressed.
    Audition Line 2: "*chuckle*Yeah, I guess so. Moving is always unpleasant for everyone. No doubt you'll be busy packing for the next few days.' Jokingly.

Taniguchi
    Bio: A friend of Kyon's. He's a womanizer, but besides that is an average 16-year old male.
    Voice type: Whatever. Seriously, as long as you read the lines in a funny way, that evokes that friend we all knew in high school, you'll do well.
    Audition Line 1: "Yo Kyon! What's up?" The kind of greeting you've said a million times and can say without thinking about it.
    Audition Line 2: "What is up? I for-for-for-got my bag." The second sentence said in a sing-song voice.

Kunikida
    Bio: Kyon's other friend. Quiet, reserved, and intelligent.
    Voice type: Anything. You remember that guy from high school who barely talked except to his friends? And when he did talk he seemed kinda smart? Capture that.
    Audition Line 1: "Well, he's always gone after the weird girls. Isn't that right Kyon?" Joking.

Oruki Suzumiya
    Bio: Haruhi's pop. He runs a self-defense class. He is where Haruhi got her arrogance, power, and lack of respect for personal space.
    Voice type: Low, deep, and demanding. When he talks, you listen.
    Audition Line 1: "Absolutely not." Say it in a way that everyone who knows better will drop the matter entirely.
    Audition Line 2: "Okay! Time for you to get undressed!" Happily, and mischievously. Not creepy, but just said with enough glee and lack or regard for your thoughts to scare you.

Females
    Haruhi Suzumiya
    Bio: A very odd person. She's naturally gifted at everything she tries, she's incredibly beautiful, and she wants to find impossible things so life isn't boring. Unknown to her, she has the power to rewrite reality via her subconsciousness.
    Voice type: Medium to high. She speaks with absolute conviction, and mild craziness. She does what she wants, and finds failure to comply unacceptable. Every emotion is an extreme.
    Audition Line 1: "Aww man! I can't believe he failed! I thought for sure he'd win the money!" Angry, astounded, and disappointed.
    Audition Line 2: "It pisses me off!" Mean it.
    Audition Line 3: "Moving? …As in…far away?" Confused, and dawning sorrow.

Yuki Nagato
    Bio: To the average person Yuki appears to be a very antisocial bookwork. She's actually a humanoid interface created by a being made of pure data, aka an alien.
    Voice type: Quiet and near emotionless. If she has an emotion, it's subtle.
    Audition Line 1: "Yes." As emotionless as humanly possible.
    Audition Line 2: "Don't worry. I won't let that happen." Mostly emotionless, with a subtle smidge of conviction.

Mikuru Asahina
    Bio: A seemingly normal, if somewhat meek and naive, high school girl, she is actually from an agent from an unknown point in the future.
    Voice type: High, easily scared, and very cute when so. Usually just meek and cautious.
    Audition Line 1: "That's classified." Said in a way where it is near autinomic. She doesn't seem to realize she said it.
    Audition Line 2: "Who...who are you? And why are you locking the door?" Confused and terrified.

Tsuruya
    Bio: Mikuru's friend, she is the daughter of a rich family.
    Voice type: Any. She needs to sound energetic, happy, and somewhat rude.
    Audition Line 1: A laugh that sums her up well.

Naru Suzumiya
    Bio: Haruhi's mom. She's like an adult Mikuru, but les scared and more determined. She's also into ghosts and demons and stuff, and is constantly trying to prove they exist.
    Voice type: High. Innocent, energetic, and loving.
    Audition Line 1: "We can't let him be cast out into the streets." Concerned and pleading.
    Audition Line 2: "I'm Naru Suzumiya. Welcome to out home. I hope we all get along well." Happy and glad to meet someone.

Auditions Received
    LizardLaw974 - Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru, Naru
    TheOtherWolf - Koizumi, Kunikida
    Fmaluvr13 - Haruhi, Yuki, Tsuruya
    TheMangoGamer - Taniguchi, Kunikida
    BrandonSparkman - Kyon
    AshawottVA - Kyon
    musicalnotes247 - Yuki, Mikuru
    ChibiSammii - Tsuruya
    Bloopars - Oruki, Taniguchi
    Tummer - Itsuki Koizumi
    jaypitty9 - Kyon, Itsuki
    Annie_Chan - Haruhi, Mikuru, Yuki
    Miyuette - Haruhi, Mikuru, Naru
    Erowin - Kyon, Itsuki
    Sir_Warrier1 - Kyon, Itsuki, Taniguchi, Kunikida, Oruki
    AlexInWonderland - Haruhi, Mikuru, Naru, Tsuruya
    xoxokt - Haruhi, Mikuru, Yuki
    Spector29 - Kyon
    Last edited by Hardharkoopa; 02-14-2012 at 02:56 AM.

2. #2 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 
    Sounds very interesting I will be auditioning for every female role ^_^
    Check out my 21 MLP Pony Impression Video!
    Voice Acting Resume

Life is a Musical; Live it! Act it! Sing it!
    Available for Scouting:
    Always
    Singing? Absolutely Yes!
    New Temporary Demo Reel

3. #3 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 
    Somehow a semi-balanced breakfast... TheOtherWolf's Avatar
    Nice. I'll make sure to send in an audition for this tomorrow.

Need royalty free music? Check out my YouTube and see if my style suits what you're looking for!

Currently:

Mixer -- Lonely Boy Studios
    ||
    Last Three Auditions:
    Itsuki Koizumi & Kunikada (Meet the Suzumiyas Radioplay)
    Mace & Chevy (Battle for Heaven Original)
    Sarutobi Sasuke & The Narrator (Sengoku Basara Fandub)

MSN/E-mail: ShouT0@hotmail.com || Skype: LastFallacy || YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AbstractEclipse

4. #4 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 
    Back on track- updates will be slow~ LizardLaw974's Avatar
    Sweet! I shall audition too

NOTE: I am back from my hiatus and hope to get everything back on track
    |DeviantArt| |Youtube| | Demo Reel (in progress) |
    Current Productions: |Negima! A Little Comfort Radioplay|
    Available for Scouting?Contact me about it

5. #5 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 
    Blog Entries
    You can't pass up a Haruhi project! I'll send something in soon.

6. #6 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 
    Back on track- updates will be slow~ LizardLaw974's Avatar
    Audition sent for Haruhi, Mikuru and Yuki

NOTE: I am back from my hiatus and hope to get everything back on track
    |DeviantArt| |Youtube| | Demo Reel (in progress) |
    Current Productions: |Negima! A Little Comfort Radioplay|
    Available for Scouting?Contact me about it

7. #7 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 

Audition from LizardLaw974 has been received.

8. #8 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 
    Somehow a semi-balanced breakfast... TheOtherWolf's Avatar
    Sent my auditions for Koizumi and Kunikada.

Need royalty free music? Check out my YouTube and see if my style suits what you're looking for!

Currently:

Mixer -- Lonely Boy Studios
    ||
    Last Three Auditions:
    Itsuki Koizumi & Kunikada (Meet the Suzumiyas Radioplay)
    Mace & Chevy (Battle for Heaven Original)
    Sarutobi Sasuke & The Narrator (Sengoku Basara Fandub)

MSN/E-mail: ShouT0@hotmail.com || Skype: LastFallacy || YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AbstractEclipse

9. #9 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 

Auditions from TheOtherWolf received.

10. #10 Re: Meet the Suzumiyas Episode 1 -- A Haruhi Radioplay 
    Voice Acting ~ It's what I do best. fmaluvr13's Avatar
    Did you receive my audition?
    Current Roles (click underlines for video)
    Lady~Devil May Cry 3 by finalCrystine Honey~Ouran High by StormyChaos Sarah Broderick~I am the Darkness by SaigoSentinel/Intermine Sakura~Naruto by TeamShippudenSquad (youtube) Yukine~Clannad by VioletVibeStudios (youtube) Major~Ghost in the Shell by Section10Abridged (youtube) Azusa~Idolmaster Takani~Rurouni Kenshin

Past Roles: (click underlines for video)
    Luna~Symphonic Metal Album Sanae~Another Mari~The World God Only Knows Corina~Tokyo Mew Mew Forsythia~Frost Flowers Azula~Avatar Sango~Inuyasha Sailor Jupiter~Sailor Moon Lt Patty Bailey~A Heroic Mission

Banner Made by: ~ChibiSammii

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast