Thread: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP2-5 AUDITIONS OPEN] 4-M, 7-F, and EXTRAS

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP2-5 AUDITIONS OPEN] 4-M, 7-F, and EXTRAS 
    My friend has recently asked me to help him with this project, a radioplay of the manga Mushi-shi and a few fan submitted episodes as well as a few he's written. He says he'd like to keep it going for as long as there is interest. Which is why he's already cast himself in the role of Ginko, the only real main character. However he will also need a few more cast members to play roles that won't leave the project. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now he has written the first episode and wants some people for the roles. I'll describe the characters below and list one line, a monologue, by the character for you to audition with.

For those of you unfamiliar with Mushi-shi it is a manga created by Urushihara Yuki, it is the story of a Mushi Master, Ginko, who travels an old-style version of Japan, a sort of fantasy time between the Edo and Meiji periods. The story follows Ginko as he travels and helps people afflicted with Mushi and Mushi related issues. If you haven't seen the anime or read the manga both I and my friend strongly recommend you do take the time to watch or read it.

Now for the auditions.

MALE ROLES

Mushi Spirit-Cast to CrimsonRose24

Shinra-Cast to KyuRyu*

Maho-Maho is a young boy, only about 8 years old. He is suffering from a Mushi that amplifies the noises made by the Mushi around him creating a deafening roar. About a year prior to the episode he lost his mother so he's a sad boy but he's still young. He is also soft spoken. His voice type should be high.

MONOLOGUE
    "Yep. I don’t really know why she did it. I can’t remember. You see she also had the same illness I have. She had also grown the horns on her forehead, so even if she covered her ears it wouldn’t have stopped the sounds coming in. It was at that time that she told me something but she was very weak, yet she still managed to lift her hands and placed them over my ears and covered them tightly. But…I can’t remember what she said to me…I always try to remember, I really do, but these sounds…they just keep rushing in and I can’t think straight so I can never remember. (soft sobbing)"

Jin-He is a man who is suffering from a Mushi in his dreams. He is a very sad/depressed individual because of events caused by the Mushi in his life. He lost all his family and village. He is a man in his 30s. He is also slowly losing his grip on sanity because of the Mushi afflicting him. His voice type should be medium.

MONOLOGUE
    "You’re Ginko, right? When that dream became real I realized it…that first time you’d visited, you had deceived me! The Mushi weren’t showing me prophetic dreams! They were making the dreams themselves real! That disease. Everyone near me was infected…my wife…my neighbors…the people on the street! And then I saw the exact same scene from my dream. All those dreams…I thought they were ‘predictions’ but they were actually creations from my own dreams! That’s it…so then why…Why did you lie to me!!"

Biki-Biki is a young boy of around 10-12. He is a very kind-hearted boy. He wants everyone to be happy and feel loved. He has a special relationship with his cousin Sui who is the one affected by Mushi. His voice type should be high-medium.
    MONOLOGUE"Sui is the youngest daughter in our family, she is my cousin. Almost half a year ago, now, she began suffering from a strange illness that caused her eyes to hurt whenever light hit them. No doctors could really figure out the cause of Sui’s illness. No cure could be found but as they searched for the cure the illness began to worsen and soon even the smallest amount of light hurt her. It was because of that, her parents decided to put her away in my family’s storage room because it was strong and sturdy and blocked out all incoming light. Maybe it was for Sui’s sake…but to me, it just seemed like they were giving up on her…"

Old Man-This is a character important to one character's backstory. He is just as his title says an old superstitious man. He has one line but we couldn't put this in extras because he has a certain voice type that is required. His voice type should be medium-low and aged.

MONOLOGUE
    "Don’t worry about your parents or any of the others. By sacrificing yourself you are helping them all. You will be praised as the girl who saved our village from the flood."

FEMALE ROLES

Narrator-Cast to TwoDoorCafeClub*

Renzu-Cast to Merides*

Shinra's Grandmother(Older Renzu)-Cast to Merides*

Shirasawa-She is Maho's grandmother and elder of a village in the mountains. She cares deeply for her grandson who has been stricken by a disease. She recently lost her daughter so she treats Maho as her own child and worries a great deal about his well being. Her voice type should be medium and aged.

MONOLOGUE
    "I am Shirasawa, the chief elder of this village. Acting as representative I called you. As you can see, we live very high in the mountains, ours is a small, quiet village, where not even the wind passes. Especially on snowy nights like this, there is no sound at all. It is said that even the sound of your voice disappears. It is at times like this when many villagers begin to complain about problems with their ears."

Maho's Mother/Matsu-She is Maho's mother. She has been dead for a year but both Maho and Shirasawa still remember her final days and how she lived. She is a strong woman but in her parts she is weak from the Mushi's grasp. She tried to me strong for her son who she loves with all her heart. Her voice type should be medium.

MONOLOGUE
    "Mother…The sounds…they’ve vanished. It’s…it’s totally silent. I can’t hear a thing… I’m scared…Those horrible sounds had actually become familiar to me…I actually think, I might miss them."

Kinu-She is Jin's wife. She loves and cares for her husband and wants what's best for him. She at first fears the gift given to him by the Mushi but as time goes by sees it as a blessing. She is a loving woman close to Jin's own age. Her voice type should be medium.

LINES
    "Jin, we’ve received more from the farmers to thank you. It seems like to much."

"But Jin, the dreams, they’re starting to become more accurate just like the Mushi Master said they would."

"I don’t know for sure…but…if it is true, then…"

Mayu-She is Jin's young daughter. She is only five years old. She is oblivious to her father's ability. She is naive in that respect but it is only childhood innocence. Her voice type should be high.

LINES
    "Mountain peaches, Yay!"

"Daddy! You’re back welcome home!"

Sui-(pronounced Say) She is a young girl of about 10. She has been stricken with a disease that makes her sensitive to light. Because of this she has been put away by her parents for her own good. She is sad but she is also comforted by the presence of her cousin Biki who she shares a close relationship with. She is soft spoken and her voice type should be high.

MONOLOGUE
    "See, if you just close one eyelid you’re still seeing the back of your eyelid. But if you ever want total darkness you can close the other eyelid, the one that can see the sparkling things. And then from above…true darkness falls."

Biki's Mother-She is Biki's Mother. She cares for her son and for that reason she is fearful that because he spends time with Sui that he will catch her illness. She is a very cautious woman when it comes to her son bordering on over-protective. Her voice type should be medium.

MONOLOGUE
    "I know, sweetie, I know what you mean. She’s a wonderful girl and you’re such a good friend to her, I’ll just have to learn to deal with it. You just keep being a friend to her Biki. But please…please don’t get that disease from her."

Io-She is a very sad person. Her age should be somewhere in her teens or early 20s. At a young age she was sacrificed to a river spirit that later saved her life. She feels indebted to this spirit, a Mushi, and wants to become one with it. Her voice is soft spoken and has an eerie feel to it. Her voice type should be high-medium.

MONOLOGUE
    "I was swimming…at the bottom of a river that was overflowing its banks…I was sucked into the water…and I couldn’t pull myself out. There…a large green thing calmly rose up through the raging water. When I came to I was in the middle of this swamp in the depth of a mountain gorge."

EXTRAS
    For the extras we need both male and female extras. I'll divide their lines as such. Their voice types can be anything you choose to make it. If you'd like to do more than one voice for these characters we'll accept all voices you choose to send, we just ask that you label them as different versions of these lines.

MALE EXTRA LINES
    "Hey! It’s coming out!! Jin’s dream was right again! Go tell everyone in town."

"What’re you talking about everyone’s just screwing around anyway, there are no fish these days it’s almost like they’ve all died."

"Jin!! Please, take this as a token of my thanks."

"(laughs) Hey don’t try to argue, it’s for your dreams."

FEMALE EXTRA LINES
    "Really, we can’t thank you enough."

"Why didn’t he see anything about this disaster."

"Nothing’s coming…"

"Uhm, is this enough hot water?"

EDITED:
    The deadline for the remaining auditions will be March 1st, 2012. All auditions should be in .mp3 format and sent to WolfNinjaOfTheNorth@yahoo.com. The title of the file should be your name followed by the character you're auditioning for (ex. Hayabusa47_Mushi Spirit). It is requested that you not zip separate files.

Thanks for taking the time to audition.
    Last edited by Hayabusa47; 02-07-2012 at 04:47 PM.

2. #2 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    If you are a fan of the series Mushi-shi and have written or would like to write a fan-isode for this radioplay you may submit this to WolfNinjaOfTheNorth@yahoo.com

All submissions are welcomed and encouraged.

Also on that note if you have an idea for an episode but don't quite know how to write it you can send that idea to either me at blahguy4747@hotmail.com or to my friend Kraig at WolfNinjaOfTheNorth@yahoo.com we'll both happily work with you to make your episode happen.

Thanks to everyone who is interested in this project.

3. #3 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    You don't know til you try! Merides's Avatar
    MUSHISHI RADIO PLAY?!?!?!?
    SO in. Soooo very in. Auditioning tomorrow.
    Clickables! *points down*
    Please visit my art site! I'd love to see what you think about my non-acting adventures :3
    Oh look. It's a singing demo. With harmonies. And look here! It's a monologue.

RECENT ROLES: (Main Character)(Minor Character)
    Aftermath: Lucy
    Front Mission (SNES): Karen, Lieutenant Natalie Blakewood
    Tales of Pirates: Momi and Captain Mizumi
    Pokemon Mangadub: Red
    Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Comicdub:
    Ramona
    War of 1000 Insects:
    Queen Ti'ka

4. #4 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    I will audition for very female role ^_^

Voice Acting Page

Youtube

Available for Scouting: YES
    Vocal Reel -Soprano Range F3-E6
    Demo Reels :2014 2013
    RESUME
    Life is a Musical; Live it! Act it! Sing it!

5. #5 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    bump for the day and looking forward to hearing everyone

6. #6 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    Hey everyone just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the interest in our project I'm looking forward to hearing all your great auditions!

7. #7 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    bump for the day

8. #8 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    Yes. This is a must. I will be trying out as the narrator. ^^

9. #9 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    bump for the day

10. #10 Re: Mushi-Shi Radioplay [EP1 AUDITIONS OPEN] 1-M, 3-F, 1-M/F 
    Okay so me an Hayabusa decided i should be doing the bumping on this thread so....bump

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast