Thread: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    mistress of feliney things Rikkulockhart's Avatar
    where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!
    In my opinion, it just depends on how the person in question feels about it. If the person doesn't feel like it's right, then it's best to wait until after marriage, whatever the reason may be. If the person wants to have pre-marital sex, then there's nothing stopping that person. Either gender needs to be aware of the possibility that they might get an STD or terminal illness. If the person is a woman, she needs to be aware that she might get pregnant and that the man may not want to marry her, leaving her as a single mother with child support (unless she decides to get an abortion, if it's legal in her state.) If the person is a man, then he needs to be aware that the woman he sleeps with, may want to continue seeing him, and that if he does, he might get her pregnant, ultimately giving him the choice of marrying her or paying child support.

So all and all, it's not really a religious issue (ie, "God says it's wrong!") It's more of an ethical and health issue that's up to the person making the choice.
    ~*~*~

Current Projects
    -covers of various songs I like
    -duets with various people on VAA
    -Peach Girl: Sae's Story audio drama

Recent Roles
    -Barbie in "Manic Depressant Barbie" by TehPoptartKid
    -Queen Beryl and Queen Metallia in Sailor Moon manga radioplay by KaeChan
    -Ami in Peach Girl: Sae's Story audio drama by myself

2. #42 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    Premarital screwing is pretty cool, otherwise I'd never get laid haha. Yeah commitment is for cool people.

3. #43 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    In my opinion it's pretty conservative.
    If somebody thinks like that, I highly respect their opinion though.
    There are so many couples, who divorce not long after their marriage,
    so it's very risky.
    You can never be sure whether you partner is gonna be your partner for life.

4. #44 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    "If you refuse, I will haunt your prostate." RYTEDR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
    In my opinion it's pretty conservative.
    If somebody thinks like that, I highly respect their opinion though.
    There are so many couples, who divorce not long after their marriage,
    so it's very risky.
    You can never be sure whether you partner is gonna be your partner for life.
    Sexual compatibility is important, no matter how much people want to think it is not. How can you possibly say you will stay with the 'love of your life' forever if you don't know if you are fully compatible in that significantly important area? What if you get married but then find yourself in a situation where the love-making is not connective in any fashion whatsoever, emotionally and physically. What then?

I think it's irresponsible to hold things until after marriage. Marriage should be the last step you take when you've decided you love and accept every aspect of your significant other.

Of course, that's just my subjective opinion and for people who wish to wait, that is their prerogative. I just think it doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by RYTEDR; 03-06-2012 at 04:47 PM.

5. #45 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    I'm a male tsundere...that explains so much Capo Mezzoforte's Avatar
    Venus Tower-no one is going to get this Reference
    Blog Entries
    honestly, I don't really care if someone has sex before marriage.

and no, I'm not conservative nor have any conservative values, if it seems like I am with what I'm about to say.

I agree that marriage should be after one's married, but there is no way to effectively stop premarital sex, unless the term "Family Feud" becomes, not just a game show, but an actual thing that is common in all parts of the world. And denying the couples who want to do the deed the right to be in love and be happy with each other is kinda crazy if ya ask me. I mean, what's next, having the plot of Romeo & Juliet being an actual event that would essentially change the way people comprehend the issue of premarital sex?
    **Important Notice: I have a a speech problem since I was a kid; I can't pronounce the letter "R" normally, and It sounds like a "w". If I am a VA for a project, look more at the quality of my voice, rather than my articulation.**

Characters I'm voicing or character demos:
    *Aquarius; Loke/Loki; Laxus from Fairy Tail
    *Princess T.M. Celestia; from My Little Pony...I'm no brony, I just like the show.

I've been on hold, in terms of VA work, for awhile now.
    I am currently doing script work, and planning on doing some VA work later on.

6. #46 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    People are free to choose what they want to do with their life. Marriage is sadly viewed by most people in the USA as a legal form of commitment. Marriage to me is a commitment whether written on paper or not. It is a commitment that you make with your better half. In regards to pre-marital intercourse---each person has their own views and motives to this. It is not right nor is it wrong. It all comes down to what is right for you. If you prefer to wait then wait. If you don't want to then you don't have to. It all depends on what barriers you have created for yourself and whether or notyou are wanting to break them or create new ones.

7. #47 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    Tell it to the cleaning lady on Monday. Matt Cruea's Avatar
    Because... because you'll be dust on Monday.
    Sex is awesome. Do it all the time! Just do it smart.
    Because I'll be pulverizing you sometime over the weekend.

And the cleaning lady... cleans up... dust. She dusts. And she has weekends off, so... Monday. Right?

8. #48 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    Educate people about friggin' condoms, NOT abstinence. If two people agree to have sex, I honestly could care less if they're married or not [/militant atheism]

Demonstration of my editing and entertainment skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4PIneytVx0

9. #49 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    I... genuinely wasn't aware that this was an issue people still debated. >_>

Aww, people can screw around as much as they'd like, as long as it's all consen and they're using some decent protection. If some people want to wait until they get married, or find ~the true one~, let them. I don't care, and neither should you. Their lives and all of that.

I do think it's rather indecent to judge people for having premarital sex, much less force them not to. You can't, and shouldn't, conform everyone to your own idea of what is right.

10. #50 Re: Thoughts On Pre-marital Sex 
    Well in this thread,it is not so much debated as it is everyone giving their 2 cents. Some were interesting to hear and others,not too much.

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast