ZOMBIE SHORT FILM - NEED VOICE ACTORS
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I have a project that some of you might want to help with- a short film about ZOMBIES for Halloween! I need some VOICE ONLY actors to fill some of the parts.
Project information - It's basically a 5 to 10 minute short film about zombies invading a home. The film will be shot with a professional cinema HD camera with 35mm lenses for a "film" look and we've got some good make-up for some decently horrific zombies, so if everything goes well the final film should look pretty good.
Audition deadline - October 14, 2011 . The cast will be sent out a script of their lines or asked for a different read on certain lines if necessary. Final reads should be in by October 18.
Recording and Contact information - Please send your audition lines in .mp3 format with little compression, 192kb/s should be good. Wav files are also fine. Either mono or stereo files are accepted. Please record in good quality, and keep pops, background noise, etc., to a minimum. Please state which part/ or parts you are auditioning for. Send to email@example.com
*You can audition for multiple parts*
Now on to what we need -
1. Zombie Moans(male and female). We need a variety of these to be used as background for the scenes. The neighborhood outside is supposed to be crawling with zombies, so there should be plenty of moans. Even an evil zombie shriek or two would be good.
2. Screams and cries of pain from humans(male and female). This will also be used as background for the scenes. After all, zombies are tearing up the neighborhood and chomping on people. There should be some screams of fright and cries of pain as people get munched on.
These parts have actual dialogue that will be heard clearly in the film, so a little acting talent is a must. I know from the demos I've heard that there are some great actors and actresses here!
1. "Food Network Type" Host or Hostess(male or female). This will be a voice that is blaring loudly on a television and will be heard very well in the film. This part is open to anyone. I'm leaning more toward a female voice for this, but ultimately it will be decided by whoever the best actor is for the role. So male or female, please submit an audition for this one!
If you've ever seen a cooking show, you know how this dialogue should be delivered: As if someone is busy preparing a dish as they talk, but still perky and upbeat.
Here is some copy for your audition. This WILL NOT be the final copy for the role. It's just some general dialogue taken directly from a cooking show. The actual dialogue will be VERY similar though. Feel free to play around with the lines if you want to make them seem more "off the top of your head".
"First, we're going to take half of the spice blend and sprinkle it down over the chicken. The other half, we're gonna use in the sauce. Now we're going to add two cloves of garlic to the marinade and the juice of two limes. NO oil is necessary. Mmm, doesn't that look delicious already? Now we're just gonna pop this in the oven for 30 minutes. And after the 30 minutes, you have THIS! And it is SO delicious!"
2. Frightened wife/mother in the next room(female). This character will never be seen(obviously), but will be heard loudly through the door. She is locked in another room with her husband, cradling their scared young child. No worries, this film is very PG13, so we're not actually gonna SEE them get chomped on by the zombies. These lines should be read as if a bit hysterical and frightened for your life, but still trying to be quiet and not scream. You're hiding from zombies :
LINE 1 (to husband) "Oh my God! They're inside! They're in our house!"
LINE 2 (to husband) "What are they doing? Are they still inside?"
LINE 3 (to child) "It's okay honey. Everything is gonna be okay. Just be really quiet for mommy, all right?"
LINE 4 (to husband) "What was that? What happened?"
3. Frightened husband/father in the next room(male). Again, this guy will never be seen, but will be heard through the door. He's scared out of his wits, but still trying to keep his wife and son calm.
LINE 1 (to wife) "Oh no..."
LINE 2 (to wife) "They're not doing anything, they're just sitting there."
LINE 3 (to wife and child) "Let's just all stay really quiet and everything will be okay."
LINE 4 (to wife and child, suddenly very scared) "Oh my God... the cable just went out."
4.Frightened child(male or female). Also heard through the door. He or she is scared, but is confused and doesn't know what is going on outside.
LINE 1 (to mother) "Mommy, what's happening?"
LINE 2 (to mother) "Mommy, I'm scared."
If someone could actually manage some child-like, muffled whimpering or crying, that would also be great!
Recording and Contact information - Please send your audition lines in .mp3 format with little compression, 192kb/s should be good. Uncompressed wav files are also fine. Either mono or stereo files are accepted. Please record in good quality, and keep pops, background noise, etc., to a minimum. Please state which part/ or parts you are auditioning for. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you need further info or have a problem sending me your files, you can either post here or email me directly.
*You can audition for multiple parts*
Most of the zombie moans will be used. The best screams will be used. Selections for the bigger roles will be made by best audition.
I've heard some AMAZING stuff on here, and I'm looking forward to your auditions. Thanks everyone!