Didn't see one of these yet, so.....
Figured I would make a quick tutorial on how to find Free Audio Effect Plug-ins to help out people interested in using Audio Effects for producing, or singing, or just playing around with your vocals.
It's pretty Easy really.
1. First Go to KVR
2. Step 2 is to Click on Plug-in Database
3. Step 3, Select Effects under Plug-In Type. (Unless you are looking for Instruments for you composers )
4. Step 4, be sure to de-select All, under choose specific Plug-in type (or you will get a massive amount to sort through)
5. Step 5, Choose the Effects you want to find. You may choose 1, or several. (Same Applies if you are looking for instruments.)
6. Step 6, Choose what format you want the Plug-ins to be in.
7. Step 7, Remember to Select Free.
8. Last Step, Select how many results you want per page, and Click Search
And your done.
From there it is up to you to go through, and find stuff you want, and can use.
Under operating systems the Windows logo, means windows, and the double face thing (Finder Symbol), means mac, and the little penguin is Linux, but you linux users knew that
Some common Effects you might want to check out.
- Noise Removal
- Pitch Shifter
- Dynamics (Compresser/Limiter)
- Vocoder (?)
- Pitch Correction (?)
- Well just about everything
Hope this helps