Thread: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    Justice's Memoirs Team ******

APOLLO JUSTICE - ACE ATTORNEY: JUSTICE'S MEMOIRS

Welcome! Justice's Memoirs is a fangame that I am developing for the Ace Attorney Online engine, and as I approach the conclusion of the case, I've realised that it's now or never to insert custom voice clips in order to give the players a greater experience. Therefore, after hearing good things from fellow fangame developer, TKHawaiianAZN, I knew that it would be worth checking the awesome community here on VAA!

So if you're interested in auditioning for the project, check out the roles below.
    Notes:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22874930/sfx-objection.mp3 (Sound byte for the shouting sound in case the links aren't working!)

• You will be credited if your work is used in the project.
    • Please send all auditions to the e-mail address provided below, and please make sure to have all voice clips mixed with this sound byte. If you can't do that, then don't worry as I can.

Audition Rules:
    1. Please send all auditions or questions to: patamonapcc@hotmail.com
    2. When sending auditions, it would be helpful to merge all voice clips with sound byte in order to achieve the feel of a voice clip from the games. If this isn't possible, then you can still send the clips anyway as I will do it myself.
    3. Deadlines are mentioned next to each individual character's profile.
    4. It would be much appreciated if there was little to no background noise in submitted auditions.
    5. Please send clips in either .wav or .mp3 format.

AUDITIONS:

Auditions for Case 2 characters:
    Many thanks to all the talented voice actors who sent in their auditions. I'm a bit late in posting it, but better to be late than not post it at all, right? ^^'

The Bellboy: I received quite a few entries for this character, but after much consideration, I'm happy to give the role to NastyPlot. I was extremely impressed with the latest submission a couple of days ago as the clips contained everything that I was looking for - from the sophistication to the hint of irony and finally, the smug undertone. For those who wish to hear the epic clip, you can do so by clicking on the link.

Arthur Gaines: Another popular character with an abundant amount of auditions sent in. I was almost overwhelmed by how brilliant each and every single one of them were. However, I decided to give the role to MultiBaller since I felt that the clip he submitted fits Gaines the most. For those who wish to hear the epic clip, you can do so by clicking on the link.

???: One of the auditions from Arthur Gaines was brilliant enough to be used for another character that'll show up in Case 2, The Departed Turnabout. The role has been given to NastyPlot. I can't tell you much about the character himself, but for those who want to hear the clip, you can do so by clicking on the link.

--- Characters available --

Scarlet Hall
    Audition Deadline: TBA

A deliciously bitter and nihilistic maid working for the Gatewater Hotel. She's a troll of a maid, and frequently mentions that she couldn't give a damn if the victim passed away (the crime was attempted murder). As one player once said, the 'hatred is almost addictive' since she gets on your nerves from the moment you meet her.

*SPOILERS*

However, Scarlet's past itself is quite tragic. She was an ex-justice of the courts until the UI-4 Incident where she watched Shelly de Killer kidnap and then presumably, murder her best friend. She fell into a deep depression, which led her to resigning. Weeks after she turned in her resignation, she tried to kill herself, only to be stopped by Judge Robert Ballard, her ex-partner in the courtroom.

What's needed? An OBJECTION! voice clip in a confident, but angry voice. I think the best example to describe her general tone of voice is Nightmare Moon from MLP: FiM. Her voice should convey undertones of her vengeful and angry traits.

Michelle Hyde
    Audition Deadline: November 30, 2011

Age: 45 as of GS4, but she first appears in the game as a 23 year old attorney ready to defend her friend from murder. She later appears twelve years later before she ends up murdered due to her participation in a dangerous investigation.

Personality: Cool and calm collected. She is very charismatic and competent and has a vehemence against prosecutors - particularly of the von Karma ilk. She's not the person to break under pressure, and has never lost her drive despite facing von Karma more than once. She also has dealed with scorn and distrust from the public quite successfully after it was unofficially proven that she forged evidence when she first went up against von Karma. Hyde is also Kristoph's mentor, so he inherited many of her personality and quirks from her (most notably the nail polish).

Her notable traits present in her voice should be elegance, grace, determination, drive and power. It's a very hard one to do, but I like to compare her voice to a combination of Jessica Poole (Turnabout Substitution) and Princess Celestia (MLP: FiM).

What's needed? A set of DA! voice clips (OBJECTION!, HOLD IT! and TAKE THAT!) since she is a playable character in the second and third episodes in the JM series.

-----

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post, PM or send me an e-mail with the address I've provided. Thank you!
    Last edited by Tap; 08-21-2011 at 07:53 AM.

2. #2 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    Awesome, it's here on VAA! ^^

This fan series/trial(s) is so awesome. One of the best I've ever played.

Help Wanted! Click on Logo (Thanks Tap!) for more info!

3. #3 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    The undeniable awesomeness of an Ace Attorney gig to start out with has compelled me to submit an audition. If you have a chance, please let me know how Supreme Commander Gaines sounds!

(If you're busy, that's cool. But feedback is 20% cooler!)

4. #4 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    TK: Aha, you're making me blush!
    Thanks for the haipe!

MultiBaller: Thanks for your audition. You were the first one to submit one here. I've had another audition in the past for Arthur Gaines, but it didn't work out. However it has for you!

Unless other auditions are submitted for Gaines, then I'm pleased to say that I will be using your voice clip (#1) will be used in the game. After discussing it with other developers, number #1 seemed to the best one out of all of them. It was a close decision between Number #1 and Number #5. I'm pretty keen on this clip. It feels exactly like how I imagined Gaines would sound like, so I'm tempted to close auditions for him already! xD

The tone is great, and I love how strong and powerful the voice appears to be. Thanks again!

5. #5 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    Thank you for the feedback! It's simple enough to do, but I think this is a worthwhile project that more people should connect to. C'mon people!

I also just learned about site and I'm happy that there are a lot of really good trials that fit the setting of the games and that play really well. Good twists! Thanks for sharing that site

6. #6 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    This is awesome! I sent in my audition.

7. #7 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    Thanks for the replies!

MultiBaller: Aha, no problem! AAO isn't as well-known as some of the other case engines, but it is slowly growing in popularity as the projects begin to gain more recognition.

Pinkslee: I've sent you an e-mail back with some critique.

----

I've added a bit more information to what I'm looking for in regards to The Bellboy's voice clips, so check it out if you're interested.

8. #8 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    Regarding the Bellboy: I don't consider myself good at accents by any means, but ever since I saw him, I thought that Trans-Atlantic would fit him well. Think Fraiser from Cheers or Rarity from MLP. Add in a bit of "OH NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT" to the word Objection and that would do, right?

I'll send a submission over later today.

Super Stealthy Bump!

Edit: Sorry I haven't followed up. I haven't been able to come up with a submission that I'm completely satisfied with, so I haven't submitted one for the bellboy yet. I might try to revisit it, but I don't want to leave you waiting for this one from me..
    Last edited by MultiBaller; 07-20-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    I'm new to this exciting world and I am mostly looking for bit-parts and feedback, but if you think I might be a fit for your project, feel free to follow-up with me!

9. #9 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    I'm quite impressed. There have been some great auditions coming through in the past week and a half. ^^
    I'm still looking for voice actresses for Scarlet Hall, so if you know someone who might be able to help out, please redirect them to this thread!

On another note, auditions for Commander Gaines close on July 25. I've got a good line up now, and an inkling of which one I may choose, but that can change very quickly!

----

Multi: Trans-Atlantic? Yes, that sounds like it'd work quite well, actually. Those two examples you cited match exactly what sort of vocal pitch and tone I'm looking for in his character. =)

And no worries! The bellboy isn't very important compared to the others.

10. #10 Re: Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney: Justice's Memoirs [Case 1 Auditions for OC's!] 
    Legal double post. ^^

The results of the voice casting for Arthur Gaines & The Bellboy are now in. Sorry for the short delay, everyone.
    I'm happy to announce that MultiBaller's clip will be used for Arthur Gaines, while NastyPlot has the honour of providing the voice for The Bellboy. I was very impressed with all the auditions I received, so thank you very much, VAA!

Check the first post for more details!
    And as always, if you know a female voice actress who could help out with the roles listed in the first post, please redirect their attention to this thread. ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast