Hey everyone! Fool’s Errand Productions is beginning work on its debut project: Star Wars: Era of Darkness, and we find ourselves in need of some serious voice acting talent!
Background & Story
Era of Darkness is going to be done as an animated series on YouTube. The story is set during the time of the Old Republic. It’s about a century after the "Hundred-Year Darkness," around the year 6,800BBY. The Wookieepedia Article here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness) describes that era nicely, for those who are interested in the backstory. What we’re concerned with is the very first encounter between the Jedi and the Sith. There are four lines given at the bottom of the linked article, under "Return," which basically sum up Star Wars canon on this topic. Era of Darkness aims to fill in the blanks. We’re going to be exploring themes of mystery, power, temptation, corruption, and duality.
What do you need to join in the fun? I'm glad you asked. Only 3 things come to mind off the top of my head.
- A good quality microphone. (I.E., no hissing, buzzing, or feedback in your recordings.)
- Enough time. (This is a long term project. We estimate that episodes will be released on a monthly basis. If you’re going to audition for a lead role, please be sure that you’ll be available to reprise that role from episode to episode.)
- A love for Star Wars! (This project is meant above all to be fun, so bring some fun into it!)
If you're going to submit an audition, please follow these guidelines.
- Please note, right now, we are only looking to cast those 3 characters appearing in the first episode. We will open casting on additional roles as we get closer to production on the second episode. At that point, more information and sample lines will become available.
- Sample lines should be recorded and saved in mp3 format. I would appreciate if you could separate the lines into separate mp3s.
- Line recordings should be named as: “CharacterName_YourName_Line#.mp3”.
- You can e-mail me your audition at "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- The due date for this first round of auditions is Sunday, 2/20/2011!
Name: Adrien Drasyne - Played By ChrisisCool86
Race: Human Male
Description: Adrien is both the protagonist and narrator of the story. He and his good friend Jove have been Jedi Knights for several years, after undergoing a lengthy training period with their master, Koris. Adrien questions the wisdom and ways of the Jedi Council from time to time. He has shown a great deal of interest in peacekeeping work, more so than most other Jedi of this time period. As such, he has a good deal of physical strength and skill, and a generally even temperament, despite his slight streak of rebelliousness.
Voice Type: Standard medium-range male voice. No strong accent.
1) (Narrating) I'm here now, in my bunk on the Bailey. Somwhere ahead of us there's a speck of light gradually becoming a wasteland of a world that will probably be the end for us all.
2) (Impatiently Explaining) You don't understand, Fellece. We’re not his padawans anymore. We don’t need to jump when he blows the whistle. That’s your job now.
3) (Beginning to Understand) So the Republic is calling in the Jedi to try and bring about a more serious peace. And to talk them down?
Name: Valen Spyre - Played By ham
Race: Human/Massassi Hybrid Male
Description: As one of the first hybrids, Valen is very much the embodiment of what the Sith race is destined to become. He had previously tried to push the Sith into a full-scale battle of vengeance against the Jedi Order, but was stopped by Ajunta Pall, the Dark Lord of the Sith. Instead of giving in, he rebelled with a small force of Exiles and Massassi warriors and comandeered a ship to return to Republic space. He now strives to begin his own war with the Jedi. Valen is confident and powerful. He is meticulous and straightforward in his planning, and, though open-minded, is obsessed with revenge and often relies on brute force.
Voice Type: Medium-low and menacing. Possibly gravelly.
1) (Confident and Zealous) Bogan does grant power, but it grants far more than that. Those who can wield Bogan have the right to rule those who cannot. That is why the Jedi fear us. That is why they slander our power, and label it the "dark side."
2) (Losing Temper) Madresus is a fossil! His long life clouds his current judgment. That you would follow him in this foolish plan to supplant me is a testament to your own stupidity.
3) (Tense but Composed) Whether or not you were there remains a subject of contention. That no one else alive can validate it is a curious bit of happenstance.
Name: Cin'feres'ce - Played By Yineth
Race: Zabrak Female
Description: Cin had the good fortune to be Valen Spyre's apprentice at the time of his rebellion. She fought beside her master and is committed to destroying the Jedi as he is. But, for the two years they have been planning their assault, Cin has been listening to the words of Madresus, Valen's greatest rival. She is beginning to consider that her master is not going about this war the right way, and that perhaps new leadership would be in order. Cin is feminine and seductive. She uses these traits and her wits to manipulate people and events to her own ends, but is also still a student and learns well through listening. She is always trying to figure out how to improve her position.
Voice Type: Medium-low range female voice. Sounds sensual and feral.
1) (Incredulous) I thought you might like to know...what in the...are you meditating?
2) (Smirking and Taunting) Why did you really break away, Valen? Did you feel inferior? Did you long to be the new Jen'ari? Is that all this is?
3) (Crooning and Flirting) You don't really want to fight me. I think there's a great deal we could...learn, from each other.