Thread: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - War and Beast Spirit Evolutions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    insert something witty here Jordan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baugusbryson View Post
    Like a bitch?
    Oh yes.

Fillertext
    Demo Reel || Resume || YouTube
    ...I need a new demo reel

2. #12 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Blog Entries
    Awesome, it's out 8D

bad critique gooooo

Takuya/xSeo: Gah, really disappointed with my "Evolution" line here, I really could've given it so much more energy, as well as the rest of the line really. Still, I had fun with this.

Junpei/baugusbryson: There's just something about your performance that's just absolutely spot on for Junpei, but I honestly can't put my finger on what. Regardless, you had a great balance of energy and your voice was a perfect match for Junpei. Awesome job man!

Izumi/Cydonia: I can see what you mean by trying to make this character not too cutesy or too mature, and it sounded like it hit a bit of a strange mixture XD. Personally though, I liked your performance as Izumi, the only thing I think you could do would be to make the "Fairymon" line sound a bit more mature.

Tomoki/Jordan: Really really liked your Tomoki, Jordan! There's really nothing much I can say here that hasn't been said DX. Great job!

Kouji/BloodRedOath: I think the quieter lines kinda work for Kouji, but that's probably just me. Your voice and tone were definitely right for Kouji though, but as others have said, the evolution line could stand to be just a tad longer. Your "Wolfmon" was awesome though, haha.

Kouichi/TriPredRavage: Gotta be my favourite from the whole clip. Your "Evolution" yell was great and... well everything was great really XD. Shame about the cut off at the end though ><

Looking forward to seeing the Beast Spirits next =)

3. #13 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Blog Entries
    Vimeo stream link added below the YouTube video! And unfortunately "Lowemon!" was still cut out, so I guess it was Sony Vegas being a bitch. =/

4. #14 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Mixing: Awesome. My only complaint would be that my lines were too low, but if boosting them would have eff'd it up, it's my fault, so I can't say much xD

xSeo___Takuya: Definitely a great voice for Takuya, but yeah I'd say just a smidge more emotion, not a ton. Cus this is the HUMAN part, when the beast part comes out I think everyone will realize why we didn't all freak out on the human take xD

Junpei___baugusbryson: I think I can agree with you when you say you think you sound a little too young for the way Junpei looks, but there's just some quality to your voice that makes it sound great regardless. I think you had the best balance of emotion for this, not too small but not crazy big like the beast spirits should be. So yay =D

Izumi___Cydonia: Hmm to be honest I wasn't feeling the voice so well, I can't exactly pinpoint why. However, I think the emotion was spot on for Izumi's character, so I still liked it!

Tomoki___Jordan: Okay so hearing this, I'm sure I'd be in love with your Tomoki voice in a less yelly scene, because the 'war spirit' line immediately made me happy, but I feel like the 'evolution' sounded just a tad too mature. Really, someone's complaining you sound too mature. Is that a new one? xD

Kouichi___TriPredRavage: Sounded damn awesome to me. xD The emotion sounded loud like what i'd expect from a beast spirit, but it wasn't dragged out or too crazy so it fit. And since Kouchi, for some reason has a bit more of a crazy looking human evo (his spirit goes off to the side after your lines instead of going back dead-center, etc. probably because he's later in the series or doesn't have a beast scene) the emotion looked and felt right. Good job!

Kouji___Me: Yeah my lines sounded kinda low. I remember reading in our conversation that they were low in general when I sent them, so I hope they're not beyond volume boosting repair D; . Personally I think I did okay, calm character, but it's still a big thing, so emotion but not crazy (yet ;D).

Now something I wanted to address was my 'evolution' line's length that some people brought up. I'm a super digimon nerd, and frontier happens to be one of my favorites, so I've like STUDIED these scenes, watched episodes countless times, etc. It always annoyed me that Koji didn't zoom out fast enough for the effects to hide his mouth, making the length of the take on 'evolution' static and unchangeable, unlike the rest. In the japanese version the first time, he just said it at about the speed I did, so the lip flap was made that way. In the english version, where they would say a whole 'spirit evolution,' it was CLEAR that his mouth closed before he finished speaking, which kinda bugged me. So I tried to get it done within the one lip flap he has! I hope that clears up why it's short xD My beast spirit ones won't be so short, trust me. xD

5. #15 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Everyone did very well. I'll do a full critique once the Beast Spirits are done, considering it's such a small project. Shame about my line getting cut off, though. :/

6. #16 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Bump it up!

7. #17 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Blog Entries
    Bump in honor of the newly added Beast Spirit Evolutions!

8. #18 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Blog Entries
    Oh, hell naw. I sound awful. Definitely should have done that redo... damn being sick. Ugh. I won't let that be an excuse for me, though...
    Everyone else sounded pretty good. BRO was my favourite here. I'll leave a more in depth critique later when it isn't five in the morning in Welsh Land.
    "Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles.
    Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now.
    "

9. #19 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    Woo! Great to see these! I'll definitely leave a full critique later on once I have a free moment. @_@

10. #20 Re: [Whimsical Pro] Digimon Frontier - Spirit Evolutions (Collab. with TriPredRavage) 
    It'd be pretty cool if the new forum format and my iPhone would stop fighting eachother and just let me see embedded YouTube videos already. =I if someone posted the URL I could watch!...plz?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast