I'm sure you've noticed a few of the changes already... but here's a re-cap of what exactly went down.
MAJOR FORUM CHANGES
Return of the Feedback forum
- No more Help Desk! We'll actually be able to SEE when people are having problems on the board and be able to help out in a reasonable amount of time. Don't be afraid to use it. It's there for a reason! As always, we discourage trolling and flaming. No pointless arguments like last time.
Removal of the Travel Log forum
- While it's sad that a member of the family or a friend died or you're losing your interest in voice acting... or maybe you're just leaving on a small vacation and will be back on monday... it's been decided that we're going to be getting rid of the Travel Log. If something happens to where you're unable to meet a deadline for any projects you're in, we encourage you to do it oldschool and e-mail your producer(s) about it.
Fact of the matter is, we were tired of seeing those "I'M LEAVING FOREVER!!!" threads. You know. The ones where people get into a big huff about leaving then decide they're not leaving, then decide that they're leaving for good this time, then end up coming back so it's like they never left at all? Yeah.
They always come back anyway.
Removal of the Clip Dubs forum
- As a member of the forum who enjoys getting views and comments on their finished projects... I'm actually happy to say that we're dumping the Clip Dubs section. But as always, it's encouraged that you be respectful to your peers and compile all related clips (whether they be long or short) into one thread. Doing that also makes it much easier for people who enjoy your work to find it all in one place instead of having to search the entire forum (Which I personally know can be difficult at times..) This suggestion applies to all completed works forums.
Removal of the Jam Sessions forum
- There was a general lack of interest in the Jam Sessions, so there was really no point in keeping it so that people who can't read original post dates could post about dead links for the file. Mochan has since then moved on from the project as well, so there's no one to run it even if there was continued interest.
Conventional Hall/Dressing Room
- The Convention Hall is now it's own forum under "Creativity". The Dressing Room is now a subforum of The Convention Hall since people really just talk about cosplay there anyway..
Moderator position open
- As it stands, we are down one Moderator seeing as Mochan had earlier asked to resign from the position. At the moment, we are searching for one new moderator and will be accepting applications for that position. Read here for more info and the actual application.
itty bitty forum changes
A few smaller forums no one used were deleted and there was a minor forum name change.
- Featured Project Reviews is now gone. Along with the writing team we never seem to be able to keep on staff..
- Music Videos no long have their own forum. AMV aren't Voice acting related completed works, so keep them on youtube, folks.
- Iparty Room is now Chat Meet-up... because only oldbies use iparty now ):'
- With the removal of the Music Videos sub-forum and the change in location of The Convention Hall, the Media Projects forum is now known as The Yellow Pages again! [Oh how the staff missed you, Yellow Pages (':]
Aaaand that's all we did (: Any problems? USE THE FEEDBACK SECTION