Thread: Demo Reel Script

1. #1 Demo Reel Script 
    Blog Entries
    My current demo reel was a good idea, but not strong or long enough.

any tips on making a good enjoyable demo reel?

<3 Labamba

~_.Holy bleep I need a demo reel._~

2. #2 Re: Demo Reel Script 
    I've actually been thinking about this myself. I'm between - reading lines or just writing a short script to show my range.

People will want something that lets them know you can do the part's they have avaliable. If I go with the "mimicing others" route, that might leave out the fact I can do a posh British accent for instance. But with a script that I knock together, it might be all over the place and confuse/scare people.

My website

Appearing as:
    Various
    in Acelister's Iron Manime
    Almost Everyone in Acelister's Guyver the BioBoosted Abridged
    Unicron, Springer & Asst. Others in Acelister's Transformers The Movie Abridged

Go and watch Transformers The Movie Abridged
    Go and watch Guyver the BioBoosted Abridged

Go and watch - Iron Manime!

3. #3 Re: Demo Reel Script 
    A demo reel should show off a good range of skill and emotion. If you've already done a lot of projects, take all of the best bits and put them together (that's what I did). If not, there are several sample scripts online that you can possibly use.

I can't find the site where there were some good sample scripts, but a quick google search will probably help

4. #4 Re: Demo Reel Script 
    Blog Entries
    havent yet done a large amount of auditions. not many sucessful ne ways xD

im learning as i go :]
    so maybe evenutally.

for now tho i guess im going to just write random lines practice and if i feel they're exellent and just right for my demo reel add them to a demo folder :p

<3 ty for ur help

~_.Holy bleep I need a demo reel._~

5. #5 Re: Demo Reel Script 
    This is coming from an industry perspective and may not be applicable for AVA. However, I feel the approach should be the same for both -- what's standard for the industry should be reflected in fandom.

Using a themed or story-style demo for character voices is a big no-no in the industry. That makes writing a "script" for a demo not a good idea. Of course you're welcome to write dialog for various characters/types you perform, but don't write out a script with all the characters interacting.

Instead, use dialog from comic books and children's books. Cartoon VA Bob Bergen actually recommends in his workshops that talent use comic books for dialog ideas when prepping to record a character voice demo.

If you don't have comics and kids' books at home, visit your local library.
    ~ Voiceroy
    Publisher: Voice Actors in the News
    (Also on Facebook and Twitter @voiceroy)