Thread: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [3 YEARS OF STUFF, MY GAWD]

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
  1. #91 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 
    I have a finished(?) Gengar. If I ever have time, I'll probably work on the Totodile and Entei ones I started a long time ago + other things that could use some cleaning up for the sake of practicing.

March 17th, 2012

While sitting in on a Skype call, I drew a bunch of animals!

If this portrays depth/volume better than any of my other drawings, I still have no idea how I do it.

2. #92 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 
    Here's something finished-ish for once, Adam.

I had a headache and decided to take a break from recording to try something outside of my comfort zone: Cleaning/fixing up my sketches and coloring.

It was really relaxing and by 4 AM, my headache was gone~ I sketched this last year, so I知 iffy about how it looks (as in, flat), but if there痴 one thing I知 MOST worried about, it痴 whether or not I picked and used the right colors, especially since I知 slowly understanding the importance of contrast. I might touch it up later based on suggestions, since I知 not too sure if this properly pulled off the 田hild-like drawing look I was going for. Especially since it looks too 吐illed in and not simple enough to begin with.

At least coloring isn稚 都cary anymore. I値l probably-maybe do it for often, if I ever get time or stop being lazy.

3. #93 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 
    I went on an art adventure (the mall in this case) with my bestest best friend ever. We talked about art, she offered me tips, but in the end, it boiled down to getting tons of pen mileage until something finally clicks. She let me borrow one of her pens and a fancy kind of paper that beats my computer paper~

Since we spent a chunk of the day window-shopping and talking about all kinds of stuff, eventually, we had to go home. At her house, I tried applying some of the tips and insights she offered.

The blue line corrections and the demonstration below were done by my friend.

4. #94 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 

March 24th, 2012

I blame this guy: http://ask-swag-onceler.tumblr.com/

The fandom is AWESOME-fun and that hilarious ask-blog finally pushed me into doing some impulse fanart, which I never do because I知 usually too busy practicing or drawing my own derpy characters. I wonder if I should practice painting with this Probably not since I see all kinds of mistakes in this, and yet, Photoshop makes fixing mistakes possible...

RE: The movie Oh yeah, the flaws are there and it wasn稚 able to make the most of the film痴 MAJOR potential (in Once-ler alone葉he story wanted to be too many things and lost focus), but it was still enjoyable. Not an uber movie, but still fun. UGH do I want a remake

5. #95 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 

March 26th, 2012

@@; ANOTHER piece of impulse fanart?! At 2 AM?! Art peers, I sowwy. This was practice, I promise, and future impulse fanart will actually involve effort to get out of my comfort zone.

This time, I blame this Skullgirls countdown: http://party-cat-anthem.tumblr.com/p...-a-proposition

Hahaha, out of all the characters, Squigly is probably the only one I find 兎asy to draw Which makes me feel kinda sad that I致e yet to draw the character I actually voice ASJHFLKLKJ

xP For the record, I drew Parasoul (http://hnilmik.tumblr.com/post/9729865566) before I was cast as Ms. Fortune. Hopefully this Skullgirls attempt doesn稚 look as stiff. If there痴 one thing I wanna redo sometime, it痴 the sleeve(s) and perhaps adjusting Leviathan to make the whole thing 吐low better, but otherwise, I知 a bit proud of the fact that I drew this in under half an hour.

6. #96 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 

I have no idea if I知 going to keep doing the countdown, but it sure gave me the opportunity to try something ambitious while most other Double submissions were of her nun form.

Skullgirls countdown: http://party-cat-anthem.tumblr.com/p...-a-proposition

@@; NUN!Double would致e been easy(?) to do, but I decided to try seeing if my 屠ust add a lot of gross stuff and you have Double theory checked out. Not necessarily, as I致e found. There痴 a reason why she looks so sinew/tissue/gloop-y, and just because she can bend whatever way she wants doesn稚 mean that I can get away with lazy 殿natomy. And, her mass/volume. I still don稚 know how to 杜ake it work (2D shapes with a lot of details vs. 3D shapes, which I知 not quite getting).

Pen mileage continues.

7. #97 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 
    ANXIETY ATTACK, STRESS RELIEF DRAWING.
    I DON探 KNOW WHAT I樽 DOING.

http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php
    2 minute intervals where my sister watched me I DON探 KNOW WHAT I樽 DOING

My sister kept asking about where the line of action was. I know what line of action is-kinda, but I had no idea how to apply it to DRAW FAST GESTURES KHJDFFKJHS

8. #98 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 

April 13th, 2012

I makes me sad. I致e been reading Loomis to see if I could wrap my head around drawing heads (HAHA), but even drawing while reading didn稚 yield any satisfying results. Construction-wise it makes more sense now, but it does little good if you can稚 draw a proper sphere, right? Lots of flat symbols.

So this Friday the 13th, I decided to experiment around. Play with shapes, play with lines, play with crosshatching, try sketching my laundry Planes, volume, and so on are still hard to figure out, but it might click with enough pen mileage. Cropped out most of the REALLY boring stuff.

9. #99 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 

Some people wondered if I was still working on my Bioshock project because 鍍hey didn稚 see any signs of it anywhere. Oh, they池e about. I知 just skill-building. Here痴 one character that people tend to forget because I didn稚 flesh her out too much, but draw her just a bit less often than the leading lady (Samantha Precourt).

What Bioshock project am I talking about? One I initially planned to have as an animated series, then a point 創 click game, then Something more 電oable and beneficial to the story. I might commission artists to take care of the parts I can稚 do at my current skill level (audio diary portraits that don稚 look lame), while I take care of everything else (writing, casting, recording, mixing, production-production-production, etc.)

April 29th, 2012

Here痴 a bigger character in my Bioshock story that I semi-fleshed out, but only drew Once before this. And that drawing didn稚 survive my 的 hate my art purge. I have no idea how her hair works. All I know is I was inspired by the Steinman poster girl (which I CLEARLY never referenced) and HOW DOES YOUR HAIR WORK, AUDREY!?

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/File:...nt_Poaster.png

She痴 a singer whose boyfriend is a smuggler. I sometimes think she痴 bi because of how friendly she is with Samantha I致e recorded a few scratch tracks of her singing (which is to say, MY awful singing), so that takes the awkward level through the roof if Samantha痴 VA reprises her role

May 1st, 2012

敵ee, I remember HATING drawing her! Why was that?

Drawing her last 渡ight felt Off. I wasn稚 sure why, except that 渡othing felt right. She痴 supposed to fly around and be all 吐loaty and ghost-like, but she lacked structure (especially since she was a 努arm up drawing at 2 AM預fterthought legs, whoa) and what structure was there was incorrect (I知 staring at her head). Still toying with whether or not I want her to have wings.

I revisited my older drawings of her And remembered why I hated drawing her.

I like how I completely forgot how to draw her in the most recent picture.

I think I知 just gonna throw her entire design out the window and draw her from scratch/have my visual development team help me out.

Meme: http://becken95.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=meme#/d2tpec5

10. #100 Re: Sketch-a-Doodley-WHEE!! - [about a year's worth of stuff here!] 

May the 4th be with you, 2012

Decided to challenge myself by drawing one of my characters from behind and attempt changing up the design by altering the proportions.

I知 iffy with the proportions because they make her look short 5-6-ish heads if she痴 plantigrade (like rabbits are) or 6-7-ish heads if she痴 digitigrade (standing on her toes), yet I知 not sure if I made her top half too big compared to her bottom half. I kinda want the rabbits in my story to be at least tall enough to be beat the crap outta people. Well Melanie does less crap-beating than Gerbault, but you know what I mean.

Still wondering about which drawings need the least 吐ixing before attempting anything 菟retty-finished for once Hmmmm