Thread: Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub-Introduction Parts 1 & 2 up!

1. #1 Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub-Introduction Parts 1 & 2 up! 
    --Tales of Legendia: Character Quests--

--Introduction--

- - -
    Is it beginning again...?
    - - -

--Info--
    The first part of the Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub: the Introduction. I'll be releasing parts as they're finished and there are seven parts in all. Comment and critiques would be amazing! Don't hold back with the constructive criticism now. I can't get any better if I don't know what to improve on!

--The Cast--
    (More to be added as more parts are released)

--In Order of Appearance--

-Senel Coolidge: CountAbyss-
    -Shirley Fennes: Emma-
    -Harriet Campbell: SeraPhia-
    -Will Raynard: BladeBlur-

Mixing: Toku

Part 1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POEr2LWWpSY"]YouTube - ToL: CQ Fandub - Intro Part 1[/ame]

Part 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs7qWdiYzWg"]YouTube - ToL: CQ Fandub - Intro Part 2[/ame]
    Last edited by Toku; 10-13-2009 at 09:20 PM.

2. #2 Re: Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub-Introduction Parts 1 & 2 up! 
    yay I've been waiting for this to come out! I really enjoyed watching this part of the game again (and all the characters funny movements). Can't wait for more parts to come!

3. #3 Re: Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub-Introduction Parts 1 & 2 up! 
    Oh snap! I was looking forward to do this for awhile! Expect a critique from me sometime soon. =D

4. #4 Re: Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub-Introduction Parts 1 & 2 up! 
    Rosalia will kill us all!! McTricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty cool! I like the energy from the cast here! Count and Blade had a few words that were under-pronounced, but nothing too much to take away from the performance. The music was pretty good, although there were some abrupt transitions between music, but for the most part it was all good!
    Resident VA//Producer/Music Composer/Trickster

Listen to Eternal Genesis Chapter 9!!

5. #5 Re: Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub-Introduction Parts 1 & 2 up! 
    I've been waiting awhile for this to come out. I'm glad it didn't disapoint! Here's my critique.

Mixing: The mixing was pretty good. The music somewhat over powered the voices, but not too much. Lowering it a tad would help in my opinion. But great job with the mixing overall.

-Senel Coolidge: CountAbyss-: I have mixed feelings about this performance. In the beginning, it felt like the lines were just being read instead of acted, and some of the emotions felt a bit flat to me. In part 2 you got better though, like you eased into the role smoothly. I felt more energy in the lines in part 2. The voice took awhile to get used to, since I love the original VA so much, but after I did get used to it I liked what I heard.

-Shirley Fennes: Emma-: I have the same feelings for this performance as I do Count Abyss’. Some of the lines sounded good, and some sounded like they lacked energy. The ones that did have energy were great though, and if that were kept throughout the dub it wil be a great performance. All in all I liked it though.

-Harriet Campbell: SeraPhia-: This was great! I really liked the winy sort of childish thing you did with Harriet. Great energy and great voice, no complaints here.

-Will Raynard: BladeBlur-: When I saw you were playing Will I was anxious to hear how you sounded. It sounded great, perfect emotion throughout and awesome voice tone. I would say to try and play down the accent a bit, but I also sort of liked it too. It added to Will’s personality I think. So keep up the good work!

I really liked this, can’t wait to see more.

6. #6 Re: Tales of Legendia: Character Quests Fandub-Introduction Parts 1 & 2 up! 
    Blog Entries
    Oh yay, were' getting this out and going! I look forward to doing my part for this too.

I don't think I have much to say, but to turn down the music. We're adding these beautiful vocals to the game but I can barely hear them. I still have to follow along with the text to understand what they're saying.
    Also, the color lines above the heads are laughing I think (took me a few games to realize that XD) Don't know if you want to try laughs and giggles during those parts, it may enhance, or it may detract because it comes off cheesey...I don't know on that XD
    AUDITIONS: Coming in a few months
    "It doesn't matter if the part is big or small, it's that you get into the part and connect with who you are portraying" ~ Me!