Hi, there! My name's Kuchinawa, and I'm animating a comedic parody-like Flash movie about the well-known Namco RPG, Tales of Symphonia. I'm relatively new to VAA, productions and whatnot, so if I don't explain anything enough feel free to say so in a reply.
I originally had a full cast, but two of my actors did not submit their lines on time, so their spots are now open! Those actors had the roles of Lloyd Irving and Raine Sage. I will be holding auditions for these roles until September 30th. You may submit on this date as well.
The title of this short movie is "Lloyd Has a Secret", so obviously Lloyd plays a very important role in this.
I will tell you now (if you are interested in voicing Lloyd) that his secret is that he discovered he was a homosexual, and instead of coming out of the closet, he got a sex change. Yep. He looks and sounds exactly the same, except that he is now medically considered "a girl".
On that note, this is all done in HUMOUR, and it is not meant to have any sort of... meaningful sexual undertone. It is also not meant to offend anyone. Nevertheless, if you are male and uncomfortable with this sort of thing, whether done seriously or comedically, you probably won't want to do this role!
- I'm not asking you to mimic their voices, but it could score you some points if I end up getting a lot of auditions. I'm more interested in you being able to capture their personalities from the game than anything else.
- That being said, I'm more interested in casting people who have played Tales of Symphonia, or know the storyline fairly well. You may not project the character very well if you don't know what you're talking about!
- Acting quality. I would ask that you treat this audition as if you were producing a demo reel. It should be the best possible representation of your ability to voice that character. Don't hold back any emotion!
- Sound quality. I can get rid of most background noise, but make sure you're recording in a relatively quiet place. Also, avoid plosives (the puffy sounds from 'P', 'B', etc.) by positioning yourself slightly away from your microphone.
- Here are the characters, brief descriptions, and some example lines (from the script, and also from the game) that you could use for your audition. If you're going to use the lines I've provided, use ALL of them. If you're familiar with the game and would like to use different lines, go ahead. Also, feel free to add any extra lines to your auditions if you think they will help further prove to me that you are the person for the job.
- Personality: Lloyd is the tactless and dorky protagonist of Tales of Symphonia. He has a very strong sense of justice, and will always stand up for people in need. His character is no different than it was in the game.
- Voice type: male teenager. If it helps, his original voice actor is Scott Menville
- Line 1 -> (disturbedly)"Uh... Genis? What are you doing...?"
- Line 2 -> "Demon Fang!" (this is one of his attacks)
- Line 3 -> "I'll show you! Divine Justice!" (his special move)
- Line 4 -> "Goodness and love will always win, right? Man, that is such a cheesy line for anyone to be saying these days."
- Personality: Raine is a schoolteacher in Tales of Symphonia, and is also the healer in the group. She has a very strict motherly personality, and will not tolerate nonsense.
- Voice type: female adult. Her original voice actor is Kari Wahlgren, who I'm sure everyone here has heard of.
- Line 1 -> "What is going on here, Lloyd?"
- Line 2 -> "Genis, stop acting like a child."
- Line 3 -> "Go, Prism Stars!" (one of her attacks)
- Line 4 -> "Let's have a look at those wounds."
SUBMITTING YOUR AUDITION:
- If you have a Youtube channel, I would like you to upload your audition as a video. If you don't want to have auditions posted on your channel, then upload it somewhere and send me the URL via private messaging here.
That is all! I will select a male and a female on the 31st if I get enough auditions, and this thread will be updated with the results. Good luck, and have fun!
(and again, if I missed something or didn't clarify anything, PLEASE let me know!)