Thread: Ys IV Dawn of Ys *FANDUB!* NEW CAST LIST UP!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. #1 Ys IV Dawn of Ys *FANDUB!* NEW CAST LIST UP! 
    Hey guys I've been impressed with the fandubs of my favorite games that have been popping up lately. But there still are many old school games I'd love to see dubbed versions of.

So I've decided to pick a old game that is amazing on so many levels and that game is Ys IV Dawn of Ys.

Many of you might anyway know about the Ys series already but most people who own a Wii have only found out after playing Ys Book 1 & 2 for vitual console.

What many don't know is Ys IV Dawn of Ys is the direct sequel to Book 1&2 (Ys III actually takes place after IV confusing yes).

The Ys PCE CD games (or Turbografx CD) were one of a kind back in the early 90's were one of a kind becuse of one element VOICE ACTING!

The Ys game were the first games to use voice actors. Book 1&2 and Ys 3 Wanderers from Ys even had english versions with an english cast.

But Unfortunately Ys IV didn't receive an official translation due to the Turbografx-CD being discontinued in the US. But fortunately thanks to the hardcore Ys community a fan translation was released back a couple years ago.

Only one thing was missing: the voices were still in Japanese.

I'm usually one for keeping Japanese voices with english text but after playing Ys Book 1 & 2 I thought the english voice acting was perfect and with that in mind I would like to have a go at translating all the spoken dialogue from Ys IV into english.

I only want to dub the cutscenes with spoken dialogue not the entire game.

I'll be uploading the vids to youtube one cutscene at a time.

CANCELLED

OPENING

YouTube - Ys IV Dawn of Ys Opening * Fandub*

*Added on the 13th of September 2009*

STORY
    Its been 2 years since Adol Christin saved the country of Esteria and the Kingdom of Ys from the gasp of evil. After journeying with his companion Dogi they return to Esteria to celebrate the success of their friend Golban's new trading business.

Apon entering the familar sight of Minea Town they were greeted by the many townsfolk who's lives were changed by Adol's bravery. Adol sensed a familar aura that vanished 2 years and went to the fortunetellers house. To Adol's surprise the Fortuneteller Jessica Tovah who dissappeared had returned. Jessica tells Adol of the vision she about the country of Celceta and the troubles it faced.

Not one to leave innocent folk stuggling Adol without telling anyone left under the cover of night to sail to Celceta to solve the many mysteries that lay there.....

EDIT* It seems the original post was WAY too long to submit (which covered the entire game) so I'll be mixing a few scenes at a time.

CHARACTERS

Unfortunately Adol Christin is a silent protangonist so no go with auditioning for him .

MALES

Dogi (Age 22)

Cast to Black Tiger

[B]Golban Tovah[/B] (Age Late 30's to Early 40's)

The Former Leader of the Thieve's Guild helped Adol put an end to the demons rain of terror 2 years. Now he enjoys running his successful shipping business in Minea Town. He reunites with his old allies Adol and Dogi party only to later that night find Adol missing.

Character Traits: Golban is a gruff sort of fellow and tells it how it is but is friendly towards most people.

Pitch: Medium to Low
    Audition Line1: "It's been a long time, you jackass!"
    Audition Line2: "And you shouldn't call me 'Boss' anymore. I'm now 'Mr. Goban of the Trading Post.'"

Leo (Age 40's)

Cast to Omega Optimus Supreme

Duren (Age 20's)

Cast to Arjak

Lemnos (Age 16 - 17)

Cast to Sabbacc108

Garuda (Age ?? but he looks around 16-19)

Cast to: GeeMac32bit

Gadis (Age late 20's)

Cast to Black Tiger

Dr Flair Ral (Age Late 30's to Early 40's)

Cast to Sabbac108

Slano (Deceased but now lives on as a Spirit *Mid 30's*)

Slano is one of the 5 Five Disciples who helped the hero Lefance defeat the King of Slaughter Arem Centeries ago. His spirit rests in his shrine in the Lavafields. But he is awoken by Adol's bravery and rewards him with the Fire Wand.

Character Traits: Slano is a battle hardened warrior but wise as well.

Audition Line: "Adol Christin, I have awaited your arrival".

Ramess (Age 100+) No Picture

Cast to Omega Optimus Supreme

Talim (Deceased but lives on as a spirit *50's*)

Talim is one of the 5 Five Disciples who helped the hero Lefance defeat the King of Slaughter Arem centeries ago. His spirit rests atop the Roda Tree in the Great Forest. But he is awoken by Adol's bravery and rewards him with the Alter wand.

Character Traits: Very Wise and calm.

Audition Line: "My name is Talim. I am the spirit of the great forest".

Celceta History Narrator

Not a character but when Adol visits a sage they speak to about about the History of Celceta. The screens shows a flackback of the events of the past accomanpied by a commanding voice which tells the story instead of the sage.

Audition Piece: In the distant past, a nation was founded on a small continent in the great Duarl Sea. Its name was 'Eldeen.' It was a land of beings with mighty wings. Eldeen held a power source greater than Heaven: Under the divine protection of the 'Mask of the Sun,' it flourished
    for 1000 years and seven months. However, a great cataclysm was visited on the land, and in the course of one night, it sank beneath the sea. None live now who know why it happened.

Eldeel (Age Mid 20's)

Eldeel is the last of the Winged Folk of the Ancient Eldeen civilization. He is confined to the sacred disrict where is lives his life in peace. Until he is visited by the Clan of Darkness who use their dark magic to poison his mind. Now Eldeel searches to gain the ultimate power by finding both the Masks of the Moon and the Sun. By gaining both masks Eldeel will have the means to rise the ancient golden city of El Doran from the beneath the ground. Although he is now pure evil he still has a soft spot for his friend Leeza.

Character Traits: Eldeel was once a kind hearted soul but has become a cold hearted individial bringing pain and death to those who oppose him (He nearly kills Adol). But later on he is stabbed in the back by Garuda and in his last moments he reverts to his kind self for one last time. Eldeel has a majestic quality which makes him take center stage for every scene he's in.

Pitch: Medium
    Audition Line1: "Leeza...? I told you not to come here".
    Audition Line2: "It's an honor to meet the fabled savior of Ys".
    Audition Line3: "Hahaha! Now all of the Stone's power is mine. This is magnificent! I've no more need of this thing. Begone!!"
    Audition Line4: "Adol, your trivial meddling ends here. Die!!".
    Audition Line5: (Dying) "Leeza... I have no right to ask this, but ...please forgive me. I was... s-so wrong..."

(Eldeel was the most memorable character from YsIV).

Schultz (Age 50 - 60)

Schultz is Leeza's father. (Minor Role)

Cast to Sabbacc108

FEMALE

Lilia (Age 17)

Cast to LittleRamyun

Karna (Age 17 - 18 )

A courageous young woman who fights the Romun Empire to protect her villiage. She becomes friends with Adol and helps him out on his quest.

Character Traits: Shes a bit of a fiery Tomboy but strong willed with a kind heart.

Audition Line1: "I told you, I wandered off the path and got lost! Now let GO!"
    Audition Line2: "Don't worry, they're just unconscious. I'm Karna. The village of Arieda isn't far beyond this mountain pass".
    Audition Line3: "Shh! Keep it down! I'm going to break the lock."

Bami (Age Late 20's)

Bami is a member of the Clan of Darkness. She along with Garuda and Gadis wish to revive Arem to bring destruction to the world. She is a Sadistic witch who takes pleasure in turning people and other things into horrible creatures.

Character Traits: Cruel, nasty, crazed and sadistic.

Audition Line1: "I'm Bami. I don?t care if you resist or not. You'll die here either way!"
    Audition Line2: "Surprised? I can transform anything into a demon. Now, my lovelies, kill these two!"
    Audition Line3: "Bah...! You deserted the Clan like a coward, and you dare to show your face now?! I'll kill the lot of you!"

Leeza (Age 14 -16)

Cast to: Cirno

Auditions Received:

M
    Mukluk
    Arjak
    Black Tiger
    theMaverickSeiyuu
    Dragon Slayer X
    Nemo
    Omegaoptimussupreme
    Sky

F
    Cirno
    LittleRamyun
    Atma
    Lightofhope18
    Usako
    Michiru
    Manathedarkmagician

CAST
    Leeza: Cirno
    Duren: Arjak
    Lilia: LittleRamyun
    Dogi: Black Tiger
    Gadis: Black Tiger
    Feena: Lightofhope18
    Torie: Lightofhope18
    Enzo: Omega Optimus Supreme
    Leo: Omega Optimus Surpreme
    Ramess: Omega Optimus Surpreme
    Bami: Usako
    Miyu: Sky
    Reah: Michiru
    Shultz: Sabbacc108
    Dr Flair: Sabbacc108
    Lemnos: Sabbacc108

Those are in Red need to confirm by either posting a message here, PM or Email.
    Last edited by GeeMac32bit; 01-06-2010 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Fundub cancelled

2. #2 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    2nd lot of Characters:

MALES

Miyu (Deceased but lives on as a spirit *Mid 20's*)

Cast to Sky

Grandfather Jeff (Age 70+)

A kind soul who's the lucky Grandfather of Tim a delightful little child who will most likely put Jeff into an early grave.

Character Type: Because of the love he has for his grandson Tim he is most of the time both angry and worried.

Audition Line: "I said this is an emergency! Won't any of you come help?! Fine, then, to hell with all of you!

Tim (Age 8 - 10)

Tim is a happy go lucky who ventres anywhere within reach which usually gets him into trouble. The poor fellow is first swallowed by a Ice Demon and then is turned to stone.

Character Type: Proactive kid who is easily bored.

Pitch: High

Audition Line1: "I'm fine, Grandpa! My leg's a little sore, but it's just a scratch!"

Audition Line2: "Thanks, mister! I'm Tim, from Libra village".

Enzo (Age Unknown 100+)

Like Ramess, Enzo the Sage has waited a long time to speak to adol. Unfortunately it was a long time ago and Enzo lives on in spirit only. He uses the body of a new born baby to speak to Adol about the 2nd part of the Celceta History.

Character Type: I want Enzo to have the sound of both a toddler and of an wise old spirit ( I'll mix both voices together)

Audition Line: "The chosen warrior. My name is Enzo". (Record both tones).

Old Enzo: OmegaOptimusSupreme

Keith Fact (Late Teens - Early 20's)

Two years ago Keith Fact lived as a demon but after Adol defeated both his relatives Dark Fact & Darm (Kain Fact) has was returned to human form. He now helps the people of Esteria and Ys to make it a better place. Unfortunately being the last of the Fact family he is targeted by Gadis who needs his power to locate the mask of the moon. Thus his mind is controlled by the dark mage.

Character Type: Keith is at heart a kind soul but takes a nutural stand on most things (I'm guessing he was abused when he was a demon).

* The First line has to be recorded as if he was being controlled like a puppet*

Audition Line1: "Adol, you must die"!

Audition Line2: I'm the descendant of a priest of mental discipline, and I let myself get controlled...."

Rady (Deceased Late 40's)

Rady is one of the 5 Five Disciples who helped the hero Lefance defeat the King of Slaughter Arem Centeries ago. He sleeps in his tomb beneath the water. But he is awoken by Adol's bravery and rewards him with the Freeze wand.

Character Type: He speaks like a priest peaching to others. Calm tone.

Audition Line: Before the holy light, wicked creatures are shamed by their own black hearts.

Lefance (Deceased but lives on as a spirit *Early 30's*)

Lefance was the hero who defeated Arem centries ago with the help of the 5 Disciples. For his bravery the people of ancient Celceta made him King. The Winged Folk of Eldeen gave him the Mask of the Sun which he used to create the Golden City El Doran. Since the power of the Mask of the Sun was too great he was given the Mask of the Moon to help control it. Time has passed and he sleeps in his Tomb awaiting the arrival of Adol Christin so he may give him guidance on his quest.

Character Traits: Lefance was both a hero and a king so he has a majestic and regal quality. Plus he acts as Adol's last guide who bestows to him the ultimate power.

Pitch: Medium to slighty low

Audition Line1: "Adol Christin, it is good that you have come. I am Lefance, protector of Celceta.

Audition Line2: "I will now bestow my righteous intent into your magic power!"

Audition Line3: "Gather all of the Cleria equipment and return to me".

Arem (Revived Age 70 - 90)

The Evil King who bought destruction to the land of Celceta centries ago is resarrected and ready to finish what he started. (Arem is the Final boss for YsIV)

Character Traits: Arem is considered one of the most evil men to walk the earth. He is a super strong old man who only wants to destroy everything around him.

Pitch: Low

Audition Line1: "Uuuuuugh... I am reborn, from the realm of chaos".

Audition Line2: "I will drag you down into Hell with me!"

FEMALE

Aria (Age Unknown 100+)

Aria is the last Sage who tells Adol the Final part of the Celceta History.

Like Enzo she lives on as a spirit who uses a corpse to relay her message.

Character Traits: Aria has the voice of an old woman. She like the other sages speak with no emotion.

Pitch: Medium to Low (Old woman)

Audition Line: "Long have I waited. Though my form is strange, you know who I am. My name is Aria. Now, I will tell you the end of the legend."

THE GODDESSES OF YS

Lair/Reah (100+ Appearance 18 )

Cast to Michiru

Feena (100+ Appearance 18 )

Cast to Lightofhope18

Torie (Deceased but lives on as a Spirit *Early 30's*)

Cast to Lightofhope18
    Last edited by GeeMac32bit; 12-23-2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Update
    Current Project

Current Roles
    Garuda - (Self cast) Ys IV Dawn of Ys Fandub
    Extras - Princess Clairey's FFVII Movie
    Extras - Vanity's FFXII Fandub

3. #3 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    The BUMP-age complete with opening movie!

Mmmm I doubt I'll get the entire cast before Saturday. But .....

TO KEEP THE BALL ROLLING!: I need anyone willing to do Dogi, Goban and Lilia at least to make my next video.
    Current Project

Current Roles

4. #4 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    Bump!

Leeza has been cast

So has Garuda (I shall be voicing him)
    Current Project

Current Roles

5. #5 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    I'll be sending in an Audition probably tommorow... I don't have much time as of late. But I'll be going for the narrator probably... and Maybe Dogi...

6. #6 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    Blog Entries
    I'll probably audition :3
    "Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles.
    Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now.
    "

7. #7 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    Oh frikin' awesome! I love the Ys series. I actually started with the third game on the SNES and finally played books 1 & 2 when I got a turbo graphics about five years ago. I can't find four anywhere though. But enough of my fanboy rambling, I'm sending you auditions right now!
    All your anger now belongs to me.

8. #8 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    Auditions Recieved Mukluk!

I'm so very psyched!

Ys Seven was released today in Japan! It's awesome!

....... (calms down)

Anyways back to the matter at hand.

Keep those auditions coming guys and gals!
    Current Project

Current Roles

9. #9 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    Adol runs into the thread and "Bumps it!"
    Current Project

Current Roles

10. #10 Re: Ys IV Dawn of Ys Part1 *FANDUB!* 
    Bump

The audition vid for youtube users should be up in a few days.
    Current Project

Current Roles

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast