This will be kind of a sci-fi comedy using stop motion animation and lego. It features the adventures of a couple of low-level troopers in the evil Blacktron empire (pretty similar to the Empire in Star Wars, only they all wear black). The general look of this film will be a lot like this one, which was mainly a dry run for lighting and set design.
I'm looking for voices for the two leads. I'll describe them as males because that's how they were originally written. It occurred to me later that they would work equally well if one or both were female, so don't let a little thing like gender hold you back from auditioning.
Cooper is a reasonably intelligent guy, stuck in a dead-end job because he lacks ambition and he doesn't like the idea of a proper career. He's sarcastic and a little bitter.
Temple is just a jackass, plain and simple. He does things without thinking, he's always screwing up and he never does a lick of work.
They spend their days sweeping floors, doing routine maintenance and generally doing menial work. Both are old enough to have been in this dead-end job for a while.
The film will follow their escapades as they try to deliver a package to their commanding officer.
- I'm looking for naturalistic dialogue, preferably with good comic timing.
- The closing date for auditions is midnight GMT, 27th January (i.e. when it goes from the 27th to the 28th)
- Save the lines in mp3 format
- You can submit multiple readings of the same line (in fact, it's encouraged)
- You can submit individual lines as separate files or just throw them all into one big file.
- Use a sensible filename so I can tell who's sent what. I'd recommend putting your username or email address somewhere in it.
- Include your name, contact info, resume url (if available) and the character(s) you are auditioning for in your submission email
- Send your auditions to: firstname.lastname@example.org and start the subject line with the word "audition"
I'll give you a couple of chunks of dialogue so you can get a feel for the flow of the conversation. Feel free to rephrase the wording if it makes it more natural sounding and/or easy to say.
... so I told him [trash talk] "I'm
Blacktron, baby. I'm bad to the bone. You mess with
me, you're looking at a world of hurt."
[shadowboxing/kung fu noises as he demonstrates how
the world of hurt might be brought about]
Oh yeah. You don't talk back to the boys in black.
You told him that?
Well, no. Not to his face, exactly.
Because, you know, in a court martial, that kind of
thing doesn't go down so well.
And that's about it. Feel free to pm or email me with any questions, or post them here if you think others would benefit from seeing the answers.
The waste processing chamber. Essentially, this is a chamber waist deep in brown... waste product. COOPER and TEMPLE are wading through it. TEMPLE has just earned them both a spell in the chamber, clearing blockages.
"Moon fever"? Who ever heard of moon fever?
They wade on a little more
Six months of waste processing duty. Six months!
Ah, you get used to it. After the first month you
hardly notice the smell at all.
I hate you.