Thread: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue

1. #1 The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    Me reading one of The Joker's monologues from Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke". Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0R_2K9iec"]YouTube - Mark Hamill - The Killing Joke[/ame]
    Last edited by Pgirts; 06-11-2009 at 12:46 AM.
    My Youtube channel for reference.

All of my favorite roles. Click em' to hear em'!

2. #2 Re: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    The Creator of 'Plagam Extremam Infligere' Mrwest16's Avatar
    That was really amazing, man. Seriously, you've got some real talent with this voice. And the monologue is so deep into the core. I see where Nolan got his influence.

The Adventures of Hunter James Episode 1!
    (Click the Picture above to listen!)

Cast as:

Giovanni/King Kai/Super Nerd/Clone Troopers/Gangsta Goten/ Announcer/Gay man/Man Announcing Numbers/Redneck Gohan/School Interviewer/Giru/Mikal Bene/Rya/ Narrator(FS)/ Luke and Lon/Don Ki/Micro Man/Garcia/Church/Saverous/Cheering Crowd/Head Ghost/BANSHEE/Ollivander/Donovon the Mole/Mysterious Hedgehog/Yakuza Thug # 2/Takeuchi/Black Doom/Jim McGuffin the Weatherman/Youngster/Boy/Blaine Murphy/Generic Anime Angsty guy/Fenrir/Loki/Kane/Vegeta/Belome/The Monster/Unknown Individual/Mu'Tazz/Trent Johannsen/Oliver Queen AKA The Green Arrow/Yacker/Creepy Telephone Voice/Espio/Nightwing/Grand Elder/Marty Aaron/GUN Commander/Déméns/Abomination/Ghoma/Scracth/Dawan Funk/More to come!

3. #3 Re: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    Simply Amazing
    Well done on the whole voice

4. #4 Re: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    "Osu! Ora Goku! Iccho yatte mikka!" Ryusuke's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That was amazing...

You gave the same charisma Mark Hamill would give to that line. Epic job!
    Need to scout me? Contact me about it.All pictures used belong to their respective owners.

5. #5 Re: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    In your underwear drawer! : D THEY'RE POLKA DOT!!!
    Oh. My. God. D8
    Your acting and voice for that was like... perfect. O_O
    YAY DEMO'S~! 8D

6. #6 Re: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    Babette Huntsworth-Gandlesmere dragonknighttara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Really, really good! Your tone for a lot of this was spot on and there were some really high points that stood out in this performance, so major kudos!!

From a critiquing standpoint and looking at this as a monologue, I would definitely say that it lost a little steam in the middle though. Since you're carrying people from point A to point B through your delivery, they need to be able to follow all the moods and information that you're presenting them so that when they come to the end, the whole thing makes sense together. It wasn't so much that your particular deliveries were bad or the voice was off, simply that a little more variety in volume and pacing might have accentuated those changing moods and stories that we needed to follow.

Also, at the very end, I would have loved to hear him even more manic when he's trying to laugh at the situation, just because it is such a bizarre place to come to after a monologue like that. But that may be more of a matter of personal interpretation.

That being said, this was an otherwise strong delivery of a very challenging monologue - great job!

7. #7 Re: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    Bumpidity bump.
    My Youtube channel for reference.

All of my favorite roles. Click em' to hear em'!

8. #8 Re: The Killing Joke - Joker Monologue 
    You were dead on with the voice. Very impressive.