Bored Anchorwoman - Pandora
    Black Angel Heartless - staledogg
    Mysterious Female Voice (Nightmare) - Mochan
    Man (Black Angel Ruthless) - SinnerChrono
    Black Angel Loveless - Dymatrex (Greg)
    Black Angel OMEGA - Russ

Sound Effects From:
    Sailormoon Memorial Music Box - SFX Sets
    Edwyn's Footsteps Pack (containing SFX from various games)
    Various sounds from the Free Sound Project

Samples used from Freesound By: Anton; lorenzosu; dobroide; pauliep83; orehek; Syna-Max; NoiseCollector; genghis attenborough ; martian; freesound; man; Glaneur de sons; RHumphries; Walter_Odington ; John_Sauter ; FreqMan ; Streety; HerbertBoland; Connum; cognito perceptu

Myself

Mindy-chan (helicopter SFX)

Music From

Lemon Angel Project
    FFVII: Advent Children
    Pretear
    Slayers
    .hack//SIGN (Sora's Banjo/bridge 05)
    Hellsing OST (TV series)

OP: Angel Addict (Lemon Angels Project)
    ED: Like an Angel (Mermaid Forest)

Download

Stream will be available at some point. PLEASE right click and Save As or however you do it on your computer.

Episode One - Black Angel Heartless

Scene One
    Time: 7 min 2 sec
    File size: 6.44 MB
    Download: Here

Scene Two
    Time (Total): 11 min 4 seconds
    File size (Total): 11.7 MB
    Download: Part A (5 min 3 seocnds) | Part B (6 minutes)

Scene Three/Next Episode Preview
    Time: 3 min 3 seconds
    File size: 4.2 MB
    Download: Here

Download the complete episode in a zip file with Scene 02 as one long file: Here

Please see next post for producer comments.
    ~ Cast In ~
    Calista (Angel X) | Anthy/Teacher (SKU) | Mary Jane (Spiderman Bubble Bodies)| Bishop Laura (Trinity Blood Radio Play) | Chewy (Soul Basket!)

~ Previously Produced ~
    Unexpected Angel Force: SERAPHIM || Black Lily Defined (Cover Group)

~ Completed ~
    .hack//PROMISE || Your Rain || Black Lily Defined New! Naraku no Hana c/w Tobira no Mukou e! || Unexpected Angel Force: SERAPHIM ep 1

~ Currently Casting ~
    SM149 Fandub is CANCELLED due anime's impending decline, in order to not perpetuate this cycle (plus, Premier won't work on my computer : )
    [/center][/size]

2. #2 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    4 years later and I'm like "Who are you people?!" Lilium's Avatar
    So.. finally.

After morphing from a Sailormoon fanfic into a completely original work, after many bumps in the road, we reach the completion of episode one.

I highly doubt the end product is worth the wait, but it was worth it for me to produce this. The script for episode 2 is being completed and finalized, but is unlikely to be completed before the new year.

However, this is finally ready and released.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the links.

A huge THANK YOU to ALL of my cast members, you've been awesome through this project.

To my cast:

PLEASE EMAIL ME AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND CONFIRM I HAVE YOUR MOST CURRENT EMAIL ADDY.
    ~ Cast In ~
    Calista (Angel X) | Anthy/Teacher (SKU) | Mary Jane (Spiderman Bubble Bodies)| Bishop Laura (Trinity Blood Radio Play) | Chewy (Soul Basket!)

~ Previously Produced ~

~ Completed ~
    .hack//PROMISE || Your Rain || Black Lily Defined New! Naraku no Hana c/w Tobira no Mukou e! || Unexpected Angel Force: SERAPHIM ep 1

~ Currently Casting ~
    SM149 Fandub is CANCELLED due anime's impending decline, in order to not perpetuate this cycle (plus, Premier won't work on my computer : )
    [/center][/size]

3. #3 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    Acting is not a solo activity. Russ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was worth the wait - very amusing story, well acted and mixed. I especially loved Edywn as Dr. Otaku.

To be picky... the footsteps used in the first scene sounded really odd. Were the girls supposed to sound as though they were tromping in metal shoes on a steel floor? And there were some leveling problems among the magical girls at times.
    A filing error usually causes only minor problems - but when the filing clerk is a pot-smoking angel and the files are people's lives, a little mistake goes a long way. When 17-year-old street racer Ash finds himself suddenly female, and Emily wakes up the day after receiving her Harvard acceptance letter to discover that she's a sophomore again, they have more than a few issues to deal with. And Rumisiel, now banished from Heaven, has to try to set things right. Come listen to the latest episode of:
    --- My VA Resume --- and come read my web novel: Take a Lemon and let me know what you think!

4. #4 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    The room they were walking in is large with metal grates and sheets of metal flooring. Most of them are wearing hard-soled shoes - Celeste came from a recent performance so is still a bit dressed up, Reimu had dressed up to attend said performance, and Lilian works in fashion design so is likely wearing pumps.

It was the only 'metal' footstep SFX available at the time.

As for levels.. make sure you are listening with headphones or speakers that can do panning. If someone sounds quieter, it's usually because they're further away from the central POV of the viewer/listener. If the volume varies when they should be in about the same place, then that is my error. I also live in an apartment complex, so I mix with headphones on, and levels that sound normal with headphones on may sound odd when listening through speakers.. I'm working on trying to balance that. I found this problem is most obvious with the helicopter SFX - they were louder for me when I was mixing than they are for me when I play them on my computer speakers. : |
    ~ Cast In ~

~ Previously Produced ~

~ Completed ~

~ Currently Casting ~
    [/center][/size]

5. #5 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    I do Evil people voices... Ducky Patterson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    very nice! You guys were all great! ^^

- My Resume - (Thanks Russ!)

3D VAA logo - Link Here | Cowboy Bebop - Fandub clip | Improv House - April 11th, 2009 | Act it - Season 1

6. #6 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    This is really good. I'm looking forward to the next episode. The script was good, I like all of the references to magical girl animes. And Dr. Otaku is pretty funny. Here are some suggestions for next time:

The news womand on the TV sounded really low and was hard to hear. I was wearing headphones, and was straining to hear what she was saying. So perhaps raise the volume of background noises (if that was supposed to be in the background).

Also, I felt that the attack and transformation phrases weren't delivered with the proper emotion. This is just my opinion, but I think they should have been shouted instead of just stated. And you might wanna explain the emotion change when the girls turn into angels, because when the british one was acting all sexual, I was thinking that was kinda weird. So you might wanna clarify that in a later episode.

I think that's all I noticed. Now crank out episode 2 quickly, I wanna see what happens next! =^_~=

7. #7 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    Wee! Hearing my one line was so worth the wait! Can't wait for the next episode. You have my most current email!
    My current Projects
    Lilium's "Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim!" as Black Angel Ruthless
    Lines Finished (Awaiting completion)
    Jun from Rozen Maiden
    Completed Projects
    Taru Cha's "C l o v e r" Teaser as Lan/Ran

8. #8 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieCeles View Post
    This is really good. I'm looking forward to the next episode. The script was good, I like all of the references to magical girl animes. And Dr. Otaku is pretty funny. Here are some suggestions for next time:
    I love Edwyn as Dr. Otaku. He does a great job. :3

The news womand on the TV sounded really low and was hard to hear. I was wearing headphones, and was straining to hear what she was saying. So perhaps raise the volume of background noises (if that was supposed to be in the background).
    Hmm, really? I think I could hear her and understand her better since I knew what she was saying, and I didn't compensate for the drop in volume when I added the TV effect to her voice. I will bear that in mind - you'll be hearing more of her :3

Also, I felt that the attack and transformation phrases weren't delivered with the proper emotion. This is just my opinion, but I think they should have been shouted instead of just stated. And you might wanna explain the emotion change when the girls turn into angels, because when the british one was acting all sexual, I was thinking that was kinda weird. So you might wanna clarify that in a later episode.
    Actually, the girls read their lines exactly as I directed them. It was supposed to convey their disinterest or distress at being in the group - you get to hear more about this as the story progresses. But overall, Haelie is really the only one who enjoys what they are doing - Reimu accepts this (thus her matter of fact tone of voice) and Celeste is kind of.. just an airhead lol. I will try to portray this more obviously in the future!

Thank you for brining this up. I'll write something into episode 2 that better explains it.. but basically, as Teruko stated "The split personality thing is really starting to creep me out"
    Spoiler:     

I think that's all I noticed. Now crank out episode 2 quickly, I wanna see what happens next! =^_~=
    Thank you very much for the detailed critique, I certainly appreciated it :3 I still have a little work on Ep 2's script, and due to family issues (my mother had surgery today, in fact, and I was forced to come home instead of stay at the hospital due to the weather here in Western Washington), and I will try to work in the changes you mentioned.
    Last edited by Lilium; 12-18-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    ~ Cast In ~

~ Previously Produced ~

~ Completed ~

~ Currently Casting ~
    [/center][/size]

9. #9 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    Blog Entries
    Haaaaa. I agree, this was really worth the wait! I really love the story and the dialog! The VAs all did such a fantastic job. Everything about the mixing nit-picking-ness has already been said, but all in all, the mixing was really well done. It takes place in America! Booya! XD
    Demo Reels
    B Squared Productions
    Platypus PURPLE of the Platypus Brigade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    [ghetto]No one messes with mah babeh and gets away with it![/ghetto]

10. #10 Re: Unexpected Angel Force: Seraphim Episode 1! Black Angel Heartless 
    M-78 Nebula refugee hanging in London, Ontario, Canada
    Since Mo-chan and the others have already made most of the relevant comments, I'll just say that I really enjoyed this. Superheros are hard to do well in audio, but you did a good job of it. Great work!

Rob
    PROMO:
    KFAT / Personal Homepage / Forums / Twin Stars Page

Currently Casting: None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast