MINOR / RECURRING CHARACTERS
Beatrix is a knight whose loyalty always comes first. The general of the Alexandrian Army, she always follows Queen Brahne's motives, no matter how questionable. She also has an inexplicable relationship with Steiner, but she is much more of a man than he is. Her journey leads her to not blindly follow orders, but she must always have a sense of strength and power to her.
1. "I commend your courage, but I will show you no mercy."
2. "Alexandria is at peace again... Yet my heart is full of sorrow. Why...?"
Voice: Low, Loud and bellowing
Allegedly, Queen Brahne was once a wise and fair ruler. However, once the king died, she began to converse with a strange man named Kuja. Judging by her stature, Brahne is obviously "larger-than-life" and quite over the top. However, don't forget the moments when her sheer power-lust drives her to near insanity. Those are the best parts.
1. "Bwahahaha! Kuja! So you finally decided to show your girly face here! You're all that stands between me and total domination! Gehehe! But I haven't forgotten all you've done for me! In return, I will show you the ultimate power! Attention, all hands! Order the black mages to focus all their magical energies into a single spell! Lay suppressing fire upon Kuja until the casting is finished! Fire! Fire at will!!!"
2. "I... I am empty now... Free... Free... of that... terrible... greed..."
(Frog Cid pictured)
Voice: For the most part, low* Authoritative.
*Note: Audition for Human/Frog Cid, please, as they will sound like a normal human voice (besides the ribbits). Oglop Cid will likely have some distortion done to his voice, but the actor who plays Cid plays all three.
The Regent has gotten himself into some trouble with the ladies, and now his wife has turned him into an Oglop. While a fairly loopy character, we mustn't forget that Cid is a proud warrior and a fair leader. ...Even when he is an Oglop.
1. "When Hilda found out about my little affair, she used her magic to turn me into an oglop. Then she stormed off in the new airship, which I named Hilda Garde. Pretty ironic, eh? ... She hasn't been back since."
2. "Ha ha... There's no need to hurry. The theater ship is no match for my new ship. My new Hilda Garde is the fastest ship ever!"
Voice: Medium to Medium-High. Arrogant
A bounty hunter under instruction by Queen Brahne to stop Zidane and his party. Initially works with Amarant, who disapproves of her methods. Lani will do anything to get her kill, so she always gets the kill. Because of this perfect record, she is cocky, but later more flustered and angry as Zidane continues to elude her. She eventually learns that her ways are wrong.
1. "Wonderful. My axe is pleased to hear that. It won't take long. Good day, Your Majesty."
2. "No can do. This is way too convenient to pass up! Hand over your pendant, and I'll hand over the girl, capice?
Voice: Like Quina, open to interpretation. [Preferably male, but don't let that stop you.]
Quina's teacher, and the one ultimately responsible for Quina joining Zidane's troupe. He/she is a simple [wo]man, but wise, and wants to see Quina do the best for his/herself that he/she can. Confusing, huh?
1. "Quina, you in darkness. Need some light. World big place. Many many foods. Alexandria just one kingdom. You need go out more, eat other food."
2. What wrong? Something on my face?"
Voice: High, rambunctious [Can be played by a female]
Puck is the true prince of Burmecia, but he likes to keep a low profile by moonlighting as a street urchin in Alexandria. He is among the first friends that Vivi makes.
1. "Oww! That hurt, ya stupid jerk! ...oh! Hey, Freya, whassup?"
2. "My old man, huh? Nah, I don't want to see him! Just tell him I said hi, okay? Later!"
The Black Waltzes
Voice: Sinister. Can be medium or low, as long as it is dark.*
*NOTE: Only one actor will be cast to play all three Black Waltzes, so the actor's interpretation of each must escalate in evil as each new Waltz grows in magnitude.
Three artificial black mages who, like Vivi, have gained souls. They do not consider themselves parts of the Black Mage Army. They are instructed only to aid the Queen, and will stop at nothing to procure Princess Garnet.
1. "Are you protecting him? ...Nonsense. You are no different from mindless dolls! What can you do? Get out of my way!"
2. "Kwahahaha! Princess, stay there while I eliminate this child!"
Voice: Medium to Medium-High. A sense of wisdom. [Could be played by a female]
While other Moogles were busy sending letters to their friends, Stiltzkin was busy living off the land and expanding his horizons. Now, he aids Zidane every so often (for a price).
1. "Well, look who we have here. Hey, buddy. Do you want to buy something?"
2. "Well, I'm off. Take care, kupo! Oh, and say hi to Mosh in the castle for me."
Zorn and Thorn
Voice: High, almost shrill, but soft.*
*Note: These two characters will be played by the same actor.
Queen Brahne's court jesters with the uncanny ability to extract Eidolons from summoners. Lack Beatrix's loyalty, and jump ship to Kuja when the getting is good. There must be something very unnatural about these two. They are certainly not what they appear.
1. "You needn't concern about such things, or an end to your friends' lives we will bring!"
2. "A belated happy birthday, Princess. Hee-hee-heee! Sixteen years old, the princess has become. Draw the eidolons from her, finally, we can. Eidolons of eternal life!"
Voice: Low, gruff.
Baku is the leader of a rebellious group known as Tantalus. He is a clumsy, disgusting oaf, but everyone loves him. Baku's mannerisms are often absurd, including powerful sneezes and laughter, but he is still fatherly to Zidane, and a patriarchal figure to Tantalus.
1. "Hey, fools! You're lookin' a lot better! Gwahahaha! Alright! Let's start this meeting already!"
2. "You bet! You're gonna kidnap the fat-ass, butt-ugly Queen Br--... What...what'm I sayin'!? You're gonna kidnap the most babe-ilicious beauty in all of Alexandria, Princess Garnet!"
Voice: Medium to Medium-Low
A member of Tantalus, and seemingly one of the more proficient members. He has a sense of wisdom about him, probably from seniority to Blank, Cirra, and Zidane. Friendly, strong, and willing to risk his life to help a friend in need, he's just an all around great guy.
1. "I heard you beat the boss. You sure are something. I don't know why the boss was laughing afterwards... Maybe you hit him too hard."
2. "There's only man I call 'Bro.' That's Blank."
Like Zidane, one of the younger members of Tantalus. He shares Zidane's whimsy and lust for adventure. Unfortunately, he is petrified in the forest not too long after their Alexandrian heist.
1. "I'll distract the audience from backstage with these little buggers. I can't stand oglops... But I'll manage, so don't worry about me. And that'll be your cue, Zidane!"
2. "You guys are lucky. If it weren't for Zidane, you'd both be dead. Some of the monsters in this forest reproduce by planting seeds in other animals. And when the seeds sprout, it's hasta la vista: you become beef jerky."
Voice: Medium-Low to Low, raspy.
Another member of the Tantalus group. He is somewhat unuseful, but his tendency to make jokes and find everything funny is refreshing to the other members.
1. "No! No one touches my hammer but me!"
2. "We're gonna put on our costumes and perform 'I want to Be Your Canary, the most popular play in Alexandria! Break a leg, Marcus! 'Cause you're playin' the lead!"
Voice: Medium to Medium High, a distinct southwestern accent.
The only female member of Tantalus, but would rather dissociate herself from the group. A regular fun-loving gal, she has an unintelligible relationship with Marcus that usually ends up in a fight. She opens up her own theater in Alexandria to continue her journey to become an actor. She's fun, that's her most important quality--don't lose her freedom or her individuality.
1. "We ain't seen each other in ages! Why the sour puss, partner?"
2. "Whoa! Whut in tarnation!? Hold yer horses, there! Whut kinda cattle you chasin', darlin'? You should at least say yer sorry!"