Thread: [FANBASED] Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 [FANBASED] Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    She Who Rules Gelatinous Legumes JellybeanQueen2's Avatar
    Push the [SELECT] button and I'll appear over your shiny little head
    *flops* Act 4 is complete after much procrastination, and thus ends volume 1 of Trinity Blood. I have to admit, this being my first completed project, mixing the last scene was a little...odd maybe? The fact that it was finished took a while to sink in. Anyway, many, many thanks again to my awesome cast. I am thinking of doing volume 2 at some time in the near future, although I'm planning to take a short break from Trinity Blood before that and do a project with either Escaflowne or Black Cat.

ACT 4: We're No Angels
    Download Stream (podcast)

And in case you missed the first three parts:
    Act 3: Beyond the Limit - Download Stream
    Act 2: Before the Night Falls - Download Stream
    Act 1: The Man Who Fell to Earth - Download Stream

Also, if you want, I put all four acts together as one total radio play (about 45 minutes). You can download that here.

Cast
    Abel Nightroad - Magon Barca
    Esther Blanchett - JellybeanQueen2
    Dietrich von Lohengrin - Rowan W. Nailen (lastforleast)
    Gyula Kadar - Vincent_the_Paladdin
    Radcon - Russ
    Tres Iques - Serin
    Laura Vietz - Lilium
    Computer/screaming woman in Act 1 - slartibartfast
    Maria - AderuMoro
    Narrator - Hikari-san

Music
    Trinity Blood OST

Sound Effects
    www.sounddogs.com
    www.soundsnap.com
    Ragnorok Online

I'll put my final thoughts on the cast/production later. Ummm, some known issues mixing wise are the room noise on some of my lines, and some of the levels are off near the end of Act 4. I'm gonna go fooding now. *toddles off*

2. #2 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    Yes! Aderu makes her debut on the VAA forums! Woo!!!

Great job everyone! This was highly entertaining, I thought, hehe. Oh, and Jellybean, AMAZING job on the editing. Yay!

3. #3 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    Okay, my final thoughts on this project.
    Mixing
    This was my first big mixing project, and while I know I can still improve a lot, I also know that I learned a lot from putting this together and I think, or at least I hope, that my mixing skills improved somewhat over the course of this project. Many thanks to everyone who gave me tips and critiques as far as levels and mixing is concerned. It really helped a lot.

Okay, cast thoughts. It'll be hard to get any real critiques in, because I thought you all were wonderful.
    Abel Nightroad (Magon Barca) - I don't know if I told you this, but you're my hero. I was so bummed about having to recast Abel until I heard you do some lines for him. You managed to get every part of Abel's character so well. I already told you some of your lines made me laugh so hard I almost hurt myself, but there were others that came close to making me cry. I really hope I can do another Trinity Blood project with you in the near future.

Esther Blanchett (me) - Bah, self critique. Well, microphone issues aside, I suppose my performance wasn't too bad. I know I could do so much better now, but considering this was one of the first things I did and was my first real big part, I can live with it.

Dietrich von Lohengrin (lastforleast) - ...It's really hard for me to come up with something to say while still sounding intelligent. Of all the characters, Dietrich was the one I was most nervous about casting because of the two very different sides to him we see in the first volume, and the fact that both have to be believable. And you did just that. While mixing Acts 1 and 2 I actually caught myself thinking "awww, Dietrich's so sweet...", and this was usually followed by me hitting my head against my desk. And everytime I hear your lines for Acts 3 and 4 I can't help but go "eehhhhww, creepy!". You hit that perfect mix of "amoral bastard" and "friendly boy next door" that is so Dietrich. *stops before she turns into a fangirl or something*

Gyula Kadar (Vincent_the_Paladdin) - If I recall correctly, your's was one of the last minute auditions I recieved, and I am so glad I did. Gyula has always been one of my favorite Trinity Blood characters, and I loved how you played him. The scene where you, er, Gyula explains what happened to his wife always gives me chills. You were able to get both the really intense parts where Gyula plays more of a villain role as well as the subtler scenes in which we see more of his true character. And I love the slight accent you gave him.

Laura Vietz (Lilium) - You were so sweet and motherly, and I really can't imagine anyone else playing Bishop Laura. Everytime I listen to your lines I can't help but smile, which is exactly the kind of feeling the character should give off. I just wish Laura didn't die in Act 2, because I would have loved to hear more of her and your performance of her.

Radcon (Russ) - Radcon doesn't really get much character development, and is pretty straightforward compared to some other characters, but you did a great job with him nonetheless. And you got your lines to me so fast, which was lovely.

Tres Iques (Serin) - I'm sad that Tres' part is rather small in this volume of Trinity Blood, because he turns out to be quite an interesting character. You nailed the semi-robotic quality of the character, and I liked the fact that occasionally I thought I could detect a hint of emotion (which is something that becomes more noticable as the character develops). If you're up for it, I'd love to do more Trinity Blood stuff with you.

Narrator (Hikari-san) - It's kind of hard to say anything about this part, other than that you made a lovely narrator. I liked the fact that you don't sound like a typical narrator, and somehow your voice is very fitting for Trinity Blood.

Vampire (NeoDissension) - Unfortunately, I wasn't able to give you much to work with for this character, since apparently he's just in the story for Abel to beat the crap out of him (can you say "Red Shirt"?). There were a few times where you could have used more emotion, but other lines were spot on.

Computer/screaming woman (slartibartfast) - Um...you make a sexy computer? Again, it's hard to come up with anything to say about this part, since it's mostly just reading numbers. But it's important, and you really did sound like a computer. And the scream was priceless.

Maria (AderuMoro) - VAA debut! It was only two lines, but you made Maria sound very sweet and lovely, which is exactly what she needs. I still have the valley girl version of those lines somewhere in my email, by the way.

So yeah, if they make any sense, those are some final thoughts from me. I look forward to hearing what other people think.

4. #4 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    Oooh! It's Darwin's Grab-bag! Lastforleast's Avatar
    I don't know if any of us are actually old enough to drink, but this is a tredition to celebrate a finished product! *pops a bottle of Champagne* Whooo! Completed!

Great job everyone, I think this was definately the best. :3 I hope to work with you all again on the next one.

Oh and Jellybean. X3 Thanks for the nice review! You're just smawesome to work with!
    Currently cast in:
    [Murphy's Law] - Cast as Caine
    Mermaid Melody PPP - Cast as Kaito
    Trinity Blood - Cast as Dietrich
    Current Mood: Broken hearted

5. #5 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    *gets hit with the cork* Oowww...

Anyway, like I said before, I'd love to do more Trinity Blood with you guys. Especially since acts 5-8 are really fun, although Dietrich doesn't make his big, nosebleed inducing reappearance until volume 4. His part in volume 2 is pretty small, but it does introduce another of the series main villains, so it's all good.

6. #6 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    Going to get back into things again Hari26's Avatar
    Yay!!!!!! ^o^ This was so good! The last part was mixed very well! I can't believe that it's done! Anyway, I like it! ^_^
    Resume ​(revamped) | Fanfiction|

I will see if I can not start getting into things again >< I have been gone for so long!

7. #7 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    Heh, thanks. I'm kind of glad it's done really. Now I can focus on finishing up my Romeo and Juliet project.

8. #8 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    Huzzah for the fourth part of this! I thought it went rather well, and it was fun working on this project. I'm glad I was able to live up to Abel for you, Jelly. Just let me know whenever you need a voice. I'll give it my best.

9. #9 Re: Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    I'm glad you lived up to Abel too. And it's not just me, other Trinity Blood fans liked you as Abel too.

10. #10 Re: [FANBASED] Trinity Blood Volume One Finished (finally) 
    伝説の龍の東城会 (Legendary Dragon of the Tojo Clan) LG65's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seeing that this is your first project ever (and I played it on my PSP with the latest firmware which lets me look at photos whilst listening to music and for this purpose, I checked it against the manga I downloaded), I have to say, Jellybean... you did a phenomenal job! Let me break it down.

Esther Blanchett - JellybeanQueen2

I don't know why you dropped out of this role because (a) it truly suits you and (b) you did a top-notch job as Esther! I was really feeling it all the way as I was listening and reading the manga! Excellent work!

Abel Nightroad - Magon Barca

You were really superior as Abel Nightroad! You showed consistency between a normal priest, a sinister killer vampire and Crusnik! I loved your performance! Keep it going, man!

Dietrich von Lohengrin - Rowan W. Nailen (lastforleast)

I was really feeling the cool & calm nature that Dietrich had. I have no gripes to note. You did a superior job!

Gyula Kadar - Vincent_the_Paladdin

Vinnie (can I call you this?), you were hot! I loved the sinister nature that you gave to Gyula's character! This is definitely one of your finest roles!

Radcon - Russ

Whoa... Gruff and an ape-man, you are, Russ. (I sound like Yoda there, eh?) But, still, I think you did a really good job!

Tres Iques - Serin

I giggled and laughed at your lines regarding "this does not compute." I really enjoyed listening to you, Serin. Keep it going!

Laura Vietz - Lilium

Lilium, being motherly is what you mastered at... and you kept it consistent without flowing away. Excellent job!

Computer/screaming woman in Act 1 - slartibartfast

Excellent job as the computer! I didn't hear you in Act 1 to make a fair judgement.

Maria - AderuMoro

I didn't hear you to make a fair judgement.

Narrator - Hikari-san

Excellent work! I am really impressed at the narration... even though there isn't much...

Mixing

JellybeanQueen2, like a hockey team going on the Power Play, you want to keep the mixing simple (by taking point SFX with lots of music & lines in front). And I think it shows. You did a skilled job at putting it all together! My lone gripe is at the end of Act 4 (when the voices were muffled from the narration), but it's only minor, right? Keep it going!

Overall

A very promising series! And... I can't wait to see how the manga will continue!

Remember... Life's Good.

The Dragon of the Winter Butterfly Family, a VAA Clan affiliate.

Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast