In real life perfectly good stuff bombs at the box office, make your productions easily viewable and give them the best shot but don't get angry if they don't do well. Hard as it seems you have to earn your chances to be heard! You should be making projects for fun and not just to get comments back!
If your project isn’t going well consider the following:
-Make sure you have included everything and followed VAA rules.
-Made sure your post is written properly and not in L33t or Txt spk.
- Posting a link or small banner with link to the post on the VAA in your sig.
- Post on other forums related to project eg if I were doing a Star Trek project I’d look for Star Trek pages.
- Post on your homepage, journal, blog, and dev art account!
- Ask friends and family for feedback.
- Be an active member of the community! If you comment on the works of others they’ll remember and often try to coment back.
- If you are having trouble casting scout! Listen to finished projects, use the forum search and listen to demos. Then polite ask people to take part if you hear them and like their work .Be clear if you asking for an audition or directly casting them.
- Finally GIVE IT SOME TIME, manga of your favourite shows on T.V did badly first time out and built up over time. Be patient.