Need Feedback :/
byon 02-20-2010 at 08:25 PM (898 Views)
First of all, HELLO everyone! 8D
As some of you know, I had an absolutely horrific fall term in school so naturally, I'm buckling down with my studies this term which unfortunately resulted in me pretty much putting all of my projects on an indefinite hiatus. But I'm happy to report that I'm doing so much better now. I'm going into finals weeks with high B's and A's instead struggling to pass.
Anyway, I'm slowly starting to get back into mixing. I've gotten some opinions and many people would rather me release my projects in full episodes instead of parts. But... would it really be annoying if I released them in parts? For example, Chef Pierre Episode 2 part a and then when I mix another lets say 2 minutes I release that?
What's the unwritten etiquette here? I have to be honest and say I'm more motivated to mix 2 minute segments than 4 or 6 minutes at a time. Of course, I could always do 2 minutes until I finish all of it but with such a big project I feel like I'll never get it done and then I put it off.
Obviously, time management is key here. I've finally figured out a great system for managing school, fraternity, and volunteering. But as far as producing/VAing goes, I'm at a loss. Do you producers just mix like an hour a night? Or just when you feel like it? I don't want to completely vanish from the VAA but at the rate things are going (or projects not going ) it might happen :/
So after this whole ramble, I'll summarize my questions concerns.
- Is it annoying when producers release really short segments of a full episode (audio and visual?)
- Do you feel that segments/clips are just a cop out for being lazy?
- How often do you mix and what is your schedule like?
- How do you stay motivated to finish a project?
For those of you reading this, thanks for taking time to help me out, I really appreciate it.
And for blogging purposes, this is my progress:
- Chef Pierre: Episode 2 [33% done]
- Tammy Talk: Episode 1 [20% done], Episode 2 [10% done]
- Haruhi: Clip 1 [99% done], Clip 2 [99% done], Clip 3 [75% done], Clip 4 [50% done]