byon 06-26-2010 at 01:57 AM (752 Views)
Updates ~ June 25th
Elysium Project: - Chapter 12 is finally available! After a little revision and reworking, this came together relatively fast and things seem to be moving again. We've got three more chapters left to go in this episode and I now have just about half the lines in for Chapter 13 (I'm tracking down the rest of the cast now). I also have a break coming up for summer school July 5-9, so I intend to have this chapter mixing during that period of time.
- As for scripting, the bulk of Chapters 14 and 15 are already written now that the roadblock that is writer's block is finally past, but I will be sending all remaining Episode 2 chapters out simultaneously so I can make sure the episode finishes up with the material necessary. I had originally only intended to go until Chapter 15, but actually writing out what still needs to be included is leading me to believe episode 2 will conclude with Chapter 16. Regardless, since most of the material is written they will be released faster since less of my time will be devoted to getting scripts out the door and I can focus on mixing.
- Episode 3 is still in developmental stages, but things are getting a lot more concrete. I've just about finalized the new characters I will need, and I'm beginning to start asking around for people to fill these roles. My hope is that Episode 3 will be underway around September, but since I will be moving at the end of August, there are still some delays I can't accurately predict at this point.
Blood+: - Unbelievably, yes this project is still going, though I really get the sense it's trying to kill me. There have been another number of roadblocks on getting this episode going, but part one now has almost all the vocals, music, and ambiance down and a fair amount of effects. Unfortuantely, however, I am sad to say that Damaru is unable to finish up the last episode of this dub as Saya. Simbaga has very graciously agreed to take her place and I just received her lines yesterday. Hoping for a release within the week (hopefully this weekend.) In much better news, everyone really seems to have settled into their roles after 2 episodes of practice and there is a lot of great voicework to be heard here.
Final Fantasy VII: Last Order: - As per usual, lines are slowly trickling in. I have a good 75% of lines now, but I'm still missing one major character and need to recast a few soldiers. (Any takers? XD) I won't be mixing this until Blood+ is out of my hair, so this will probably be mixing early August once summer semester ends. At least by then I should have all my lines!
~Future Projects~- I mentioned in my last blog post that I was hoping to possibly run a second audio drama eventually, based on "The Game of Sunken Places". I've actually finished a full script and began working on the next part, but as I've been adapting this story, I'm beginning to realize that there is less dialogue than I anticipated to carry the latter half of the story and adapting it might be trickier than I originally thought. A couple other things have also come up to hinder my enthusiasm on this particular project and for now I will leave it as it is. Whether I'll pick it up at a later point is fairly ambiguous at this point, but I have so many things I would like to do, I'd hate to jump into something I'm not going to be happy with.
(Because I'm just going to post a huge entry instead of a bunch of little ones)
- I also noted that I will be creating a fan trailer for the book "The Dark Griffin". This project is definitely still on. I have music ready and I'm going through the book again to solidify material for the body of the trailer itself. This project will definitely be scouted.
- I do eventually to produce another full audio drama based on a book (that I don't have to write simultaneously) and so I may be moving on to another project I've had in mind for a while once I have moved and am settled in and Elysium is moving a good pace (this would probably be October-November 2010ish) Since "The Game of Sunken Places" is currently shelved, my next hope had been to adapt the Time Quartet series by Madeline L'Engle, which I've adored for years. This includes "A Wrinkle in Time", "A Wind in the Door", "A Swiftly Tilting Planet", and "Many Waters". Again, I need to make sure this project can work logistically, but my hope is to adapt each book into a 60-90 minute production. Most are very dialogue heavy and rely on far less action than my other projects, so mixing would not be very difficult at all. (And yes, I'm aware "An Acceptable Time" is included in the series now, but I really prefer to just adapt the original 4 books) I am also not sure if this will be a scouting or auditions project. I am open to suggestions though!
- I'll admit this anime is way more addicting than it should be. I really would like to do a quick clip in the next week or two just for something fun and quick. Definitely scouted, but I don't have a final cast list as of right now. Again, just a quick (probably) one shot, but it should be fun!
- Definitely still planning on these (I expect to start them September/October-ish.) Now have all my footage and 1 clip fully scripted. Working on the rest. More updates as I go!