View Full Version : [SSP] Evolution's Aura Audio Drama [10F, 10M] [CANCELLED, SEE NOTE]
07-01-2012, 08:45 PM
All right, now that my situation is no longer hellish . . . let's try this again.
I have decided not to work on Discordant Angel. I'm going to use that as a novel only. It'll probably be my National Novel Writing Month project.
This is a project I've hinted on and off for a long time to oldbies on the VAA. It's been in my heart and my head hasn't let me attempt it. I decided to finally listen to my heart for once. It's virtually impossible to write as a novel anyway so . . .
The Invoked. On the surface, they appear to be like normal humans. But they all possess something that makes them more than ordinary humans. Represented by cool blue auras that only they can see, they have a power that is humanity's sixth sense coming to life. Vonded together by traumatic events that activated their abilites, the Invoked are quickly becoming discovered and put to service by governments and private organizations.
But discovering the sixth sense, and a possible evolution for humanity, also opens the path to the exact opposite: devolution. Not everyone is ready to evolve, and forcing their Invoking usually creates the disfigused, red-auraed monsters known as the Forfeited. Any normal human wounded by a Forfeited will become a Forfeited, creating the possibility of apocalypse. And those who have had forced Invokings, represented by violet auras, must walk a careful mental tightrope, lest they become Forfeited as well.
Ariel Bowes is considered by all of those who know her to be the first of her kind, despite her also being one of the youngest. At age seventeen, she serves the Forfeited extermination squad of Mi-6, the Special Team Echelon (STE), attacking Forfeited head-on with a medieval sword and using her superhuman strength, stamina, and speed to cut Forfeited apart. After years lurking in the dark streets and sewers of London to keep the Forfeited infestation confined in London and London alone, she suddenly is given a new mission counter to everything she has ever done: the protection of an individual.
Felix Raines has been gifted with an incredible Invoked ability that's one of a kind: the ability to heal. Any injury or any disease can be cured, and this extends to even the Forfeited, as Felix can revert them back to normal (or, in some cases, even Invoked), the only person who can. Naturally, this makes him the ultimate asset . . . and the ultimate foe. And he is completely unaware of the war that wages around the world over people like him.
Going undercover to protect Felix, Ariel and her small cadre of Mi-6, Delta Force, and CIA allies quickly find themselves assailed by secretive organization taking full advantage of the United States' lack of preperation against Invoked and Forfeited. Their goal: create a new world where this are only hunters and prey. And, in order to accomplish her own goal and deny her enemies theirs, Ariel must face her greatest enemy: the man responsible for her Invoking in the first place . . . the murderer of her parents.
It is said you can win the battle but lose the war. Here, the battle and the war are so intertwined that they are one and the same. Everything hinges on one life and one alone . . . and all of the rest are, ultimately, forfeit.
For submitting auditions:
· Please send your audition lines in .mp3 format because of space issues. Either mono or stereo .mp3s are accepted. Please record in good quality, and keep pops, background noise, bumps, etc., to a minimum. If you absolutely CANNOT record in .mp3, send in .wav format, but please note you will be asked to submit in .mp3 if you are actually cast.
· Please save your files in a ZIP FOLDER as follows: Username_Character_Line#.mp3 (ex: rebelcheese_VillageIdiot_01.mp3)
· Please list your crediting name, your email address, and any notes or requests you want (such as a critique request), and whether you are willing to be cast for characters you did not audition for in as follows: 1. In the body of the email, or 2. In a text file, .rtf file, or Word document attached to the email or in the ZIP folder. A resume is optional and should be in a .txt, .rtf, or .doc file if you choose to submit one.
·Here is how to submit your audition:
-Please send your files in an email to email@example.com.
YOU CAN SUBMIT IN PIECES. In other words, you can send your audition in multiple emails or send some characters earlier and others later.
ON THE SUBJECT OF CRITIQUES: They ARE being given out this time, but only upon request.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS: August 28th at 12:00 p.m. CST. It will likely not be pushed back. WARNING: There is violence, mild swearing, and death, rendering this radioplay PG-13.
I am planning on mass distribution of this project (Youtube, possibly AzurePro, VAA, and a couple of other spots) unlike the small distributions of my previous work. High quality recordings are key.
I'm also going to go into Project Trinity-mode on deadlines this time. Part of the reason why I've struggled getting stuff done in the past is people not turning their lines in. That's not happening this time. Fair warning.
Background notes necessary for understanding audition lines:
Ariel and Edward: Ariel absolutely, vehemently despises Edward. It goes without saying that the moment she spots him she will try to murder him. Her hatred not only stems from Edward killing her parents, but also because Edward indirectly condemned her to this violent life. For his part, Edward regards Ariel as something of a mildly diverting joke, as he's easily bested her in all of their encounters so far.
Ariel and Michelle: The two met each other while Ariel was still new at combat, when Ariel killed Michelle's transformed father. While a little over five years makes Ariel look different (coupled with a dye job and a change of accent), Michelle eventually does recognize Ariel . .
Auras: They are visible only to Invoked and Forfeited, and come in blue (Invoked) and red (the Forfeited monsters). These auras can be suppressed by Invoked regardless of whether their Invokings were forced or not, but it takes considerable practice, and suppressing the aura weakens the Invoked's abilities (but doesn't take it away completely). The auras can fluctuate in size and intensity depending on the Invoked or Forfeited’s emotions . . . though that element doesn’t really come into play in an audio project. XD
Forfeited: Basically mutated monsters of all shapes and sizes.
Felix and Michelle: Their parents divorced when they were young, with the father moving to Britain with Michelle while Felix stayed in Chicago with his mother and younger brother. Years later, there were two family tragedies in the same week: their father became a Forfeited and attacked Michelle, scratching her (this was before it was known that merely being touched was all it took to become infected). While Michelle was flying home, their mother and younger brother were killed in a drive-by shooting. Shortly after the funeral for all three family members, Michelle became a Forfeited but was cured by Felix in the first demonstration of his abilities. Michelle and Felix have spent the last five years in the same household.
Invoked: A human who has tapped into a "sixth sense" granting some kind of superhuman ability. Forced-Invoked are also like this but tend to be more mentally and physically unstable, and unlike normal Invoked can become Forfeited.
Special Team Echelon: A British joint task force consisting of Special Air Service and Mi-6 personnel meant to specifically combat the Forfeited, formed seven years ago. George and Ariel are among the original members though Ariel did not have her first combat action until five years ago. Americans are rapidly being incorporated into the task force.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
Suzie Q. Sailaway
07-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Age: Almost 17
Enhanced (increased speed, strength, stamina)
Description: As a young girl, her parents were murdered in a burglary gone wrong, and became the first Invoked in history in the process. Enraged, she stopped the criminal using her newfound powers, and has spent the rest of her life in Mi-6's STE unit destroying the Forfeited. Years of endless battle have jaded her, and she feels that protecting Felix is ultimately a hopeless task. She is embittered and highly emotional, and she will not rest until her parents murderer is ultimately dead. She uses the false name "Clarissa Vernon" while being undercover as an American.
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. Teenager. She speaks seriously, like a professional soldier (albeit a morbid one) and with a slight amount of bitterness. However, she is filled with raw, seething hatred for Edward. She is a really good actress, though, very good at slipping into a character and out.
On accents: She is intended to be from South London but I will accept English, Welsh, Irish, and Scottish renditions of her accent and will adjust her background as necessary. Her British accent is demonstrated in lines 1-3. As "Clarissa", she must speak with an American accent (it needs to be passable, not necessarily perfect), demonstrated in lines 4-6.
1. (soft, distant): Target neutralized, sir. No infections or reinforcements. Send the scrub unit. (almost offhand): Oh, and my sword will need to be sharpened. I struck a lot of bone.
2. (bitterly): I never asked for much, sir. But now I can't even operate in my own country. And for what? Protecting an American who has no clue about the war we've been fighting?
3. (soft, stunned): It's you . . . (enraged, emotional): I've finally found you, bastard! This time you're not getting away from me! *fierce, charging battle cry*
4. (firmly, knowingly): Beating on a boy who needs a cane to walk? How cowardly. Why is it that punks like you pick on those who won't fight back? Huh? Can you answer me that?
5. (casually, putting on a light-hearted facade): I used to live up in Duluth. Played a lot of soccer, in fact I'm going to try out for the team soon. Looks like they could use some help judging by last year's record . . .
6. (forcefully): You will not breathe a word of this to Felix, understand? You and he don't understand the stakes, and the stakes are beyond classified anyway. Now do the smart thing and shut up. (switching to British accent, darkly): Or do you wish to know the consequences of your stupidity?
Age: Almost 17
Healer (can heal any disease, injury, or cure Forfeited)
Description: His Invoking was driven by the failure to save his mother and younger brother in a horrific drive-by shooting. He has carefully hidden his powers since then, but the years of healing people (often accidentally creating Invoked in the process), and, most recently, curing Forfeited in the streets of Chicago have exposed him. Now he finds himself the center of great battle to either kill him or save him, as his healing abilities may be the only thing that can stop a Forfeited apocalypse from sweeping the world.
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. Teenager. He is sullen and somewhat rebellious, and has a strong force of personality and will.
1. (annoyed): Damn it, how much you want to bet that Matt's picking on Derek again while we're talking like idiots? Why doesn't that guy get a life?
2. (defensive, angry): You just do your own thing, Michelle, okay? Butt out of my business! I don't care what you think, okay? I have my friends, and you have bad dates. Whatever!
3. (frustrated): I hate this. I'm always stuck in the back while everyone else goes and fights, and all I get to do is fix everyone's injuries. Why can't I be like the rest of you? Why must I sit around and do nothing?
4. (concerned but a bit blunt): Robyn, this is the third time in a row you've gotten slashed by one of those things. This one cut you to the bone. Stop hesitating and burn the thing if it's attacking you. You've got better control than you think.
5. (angry, emotional): Claire, for the last time, who the hell are you? Answer me! I saw what you just did, no normal human can do that! There's no point in hiding the truth from me anymore! Who are you and why are you here?
Psychic (increased intelligence, telekinesis, mind-reading)
Description: Once an ordinary robber and burglar, Edward Gordon was Forced-Invoked under known circumstances. Now he is an unstable, yet eerily calm genius, who has evaded Mi-6 for the better of of a decade since his escape from them. His strategies seem to suggest madness, but his behavior imply something beyond that, something no one else is seeing. What is he planning, and is murdering Felix and dragging the world into chaos really his plan?
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. Adult. He has this knowing manner about it, very confident and cocky, but generally speaks calmly and aloof, though he is not above an occasional bout of insane laughter. He is supposed to be from London but can speak with any kind of British accent.
1. (thoughtfully): The human race, in the end, evolve just like every other creature in history. And this is the beginning of that evolution. We will eliminate the normal human race like how humans eliminated the Neanderthals, except much more quickly.
2. (darkly amused): Ah, so you were fighting Ariel! *laughs* This changes things . . . not to a significant degree, but now I must make accommodations for our new arrival.
3. (badass-like, "evil grin"): Throwing a lorry at me, Michelle Raines? How amusing and pointless. Here, you can have it back.
4. (calmly): You see, Felix, you present the gravest danger to me even though you don't possess a single offensive ability. It's your ability to stop violence, to erase its effects, to stop the progression of the human race. You are holding us back, and I'm afraid I can't tolerate that.
5. (energetic, near-maniacal): *laughs* Ariel, you're predictable as always! You see me, and then here you come, shrieking like a banshee, as if that is all you need in order to stop me. *sighs* (annoyed, offhand-like, he's mentally flicking her away): Just get out of my sight.
Description: Felix's older sister and his only surviving family member. After recovering from her Forfeited transformation five years ago thanks to Felix, she has managed to get a degree from the University of Chicago and now works a full-time position at a sports rehabilitation center . . . in addition to her work on the streets fighting Forfeited. She is usually calm and collected, and tries to be optimistic and gentle most of the time. However, she has a short temper she can barely control and she has no patience for Felix's attitude.
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. Youthful adult. Her voice is smooth and firm, and has a lot of depth behind her words, though she can snap at times too. Either an American or British accent (or something in-between) is acceptable as she's spent significant time in both countries.
1. (calmly): Look, it's the first day of the new semester. Just try to get involved with things this time, don't just stick with your little circle of friends. I don't think you're doing enough at school.
2. (angry, emotional): These monsters have been popping up everywhere for the last few weeks and you're the only hope these monsters have at becoming human again! And not to mention you're the only family I have left! So yeah, you're staying in the back! End of discussion!
3. (melancholy): Trina, I wish I could make Felix understand. He thinks I'm holding him back or something. That's not it at all. I'm just afraid of him ending up like the rest of my family . . . dead. Why won't he see that?
4. (firmly): So this guy can stop humans and vending machines in mid-air with his mind, huh? *grunts with extreme strain* (strained, forceful): Okay, let's see this guy try a pickup truck on for size! *battle cry as she spins once and heaves the truck*
Firestarter (obviously, control of fire)
Description: Blinded for years after a fire burned down her house and killed her family, she has hung around Felix after he cured her blindness . . . and ironically gaining the control over fire soon afterwards. Obviously, she dislikes demonstrating her ability and seems to have a mental block when using it around people. She is kind and somewhat shy, and has begun devouring books and movies since regaining her sight. It seems she has developed strong feelings for Felix . . .
Voice type: Medium-high to medium. Teenager. Gentle and kind-hearted, but has her moments of strength as well. She has a shy demeanor but don't make her sound too weak.
1. (casual but surprised): Where the heck did this girl come from? I've never seen anyone stand up to Matt and actually scare him off.
2. (concerned, melancholy): I don't trust Claire at all, something's up with her and I can't figure out what. Felix seems to like her okay and I trust him, but . . . I can't help but feel that he's making a mistake.
3. (pained from an injury, pleading): I get it, okay? I can't help it, I'm scared of fire, you don't need to keep rubbing it in my face! (moaning): Oh God, this hurts . . . Felix, please help me . . .
4. (distantly): Felix, is there were any way we could trade powers, I would do it. You would be able to handle fire much better than I can . . . and I'm just not the fighting type anyway . . .
Age: Almost 18
Description: Mia has no powers but was healed by Felix a couple of years ago, and has remained a friend since then. She is aloof and cool when talking to strangers but shows a friendlier side to those she knows pretty well. She spends much of her after-school time hanging out, discovering Forfeited for Michelle, Robyn, and Felix to go after, and smoking cigarettes. There are implications that her personal life is a big mess . . .
Voice type: Medium-low, maybe even low by teenager standards. She has this cool, casual sound about her, with some light throatiness. Her voice may be prematurely husky because of her smoking.
1. (explaining): It's not too hard to figure out where they're hiding. This message board and these two Facebook groups have been documenting the monster sightings for the last several weeks. *chuckles* There's no mystery behind my methods, I just know where to look to get info.
2. (distantly): It's hard to forget these are real people, aren't they? I wonder why this is happening to them? Do you think this is like a disease that spreads, or just something random?
3. (darkly): I don't trust Claire either. I think there's a good chance she might be like you guys, she's just hiding her aura or something. I know we've never found anyone who can hide their aura completely, but . . . it could be possible, couldn't it?
4. (angry, firm): Stop it! You stay right here, you need to live! Someone's gotta be the distraction, and that'll be me! I'm the least important here, I'll be the one who risks her life!
Description: Michelle's childhood friend, the two became more distant after Michelle went to the U.K. but as both became Invoked Trina has reached out to Michelle and reconnected with her. Trina is exceptionally smart and also makes a lot of money compared to everyone else, even though she is just a librarian. She has a lot of trouble controlling her mind-reading ability and can sometimes be overwhelmed with other people's thoughts when she isn't concentrating.
Voice type: Medium-high to medium. Casual and energetic, but worries easily. She is not that naive or innocent so even though she has a higher pitch she shouldn't necessarily sound like a closed-off, sheltered individual.
1. (ranting): This sucks, you know that? It's the middle of a Chicago winter, we got a blizzard coming, and instead of being indoors with the heat on we're walking around like idiots waiting for a monster to come and eat us! Does anyone else notice the lack of logic and intelligence here, or is it just me?
2. (reluctantly): I have one big weakness here. I can only concentrate on one target at a time. They send something else at me, I'm not going to be able to stop it. You need to keep that from happening, Ariel, Claire . . . or whatever you call yourself.
3. (optimistic): Derek is going to become really helpful once he begins walking without help. It'll still be a couple of months or so at the rate he's recovering, but he's getting good control over his ability.
4. (triumphantly): Called it! Military-industrial complex conspiracy with a dash of government conspiracy on the side! I knew being paranoid would come in handy someday!
Description: A CIA field officer, she finds herself as the CIA liaison to the STE operation, and portrays the part of Ariel's (aka Clarissa's) mother. She is a reasonable, intelligent person, but is a bit over her head with everything she has learned in a matter of days. Also, Ariel doesn't trust her one iota. Are those worries granted? Selina occasionally shows a bit of a nasty side when angered . . .
Voice type: Medium-low. Adult. She speaks with authority but is somewhat more gentle in private, but she can lose her temper in a hurry. She may have a husky sound to her voice due to her age.
1. (analytically): It looks like the majority of these "Forfeited" creatures are appearing on the South and West Sides. There doesn't seem to be a firm epicenter, though, no place where we can find a "Patient Zero".
2. (sardonic): What do you know, British teens have mood swings just like American teens. Go figure.
3. (firmly, urgent): Squad One, Squad Two is down! We've been compromised! Retreat to the emergency extraction point now! Get out of there!
4. (angry): You're accusing me of leaking information? How dare you! I'm not that stupid, it's obvious that Gordon is a genocidal maniac! Why would I sell us out to him?
Description: A high school algebra teacher furious about her lot in life, she earned a new, destructive purpose when Edward forced her Invoking. Now, she lives to burn and kill. She has minimal control over her flames, but doesn't care. As far as she's concerned, mass destruction is the ultimate release, the best stress reliever. Ironically, she finds herself teaching (and grading) the boy she's supposed to kill, which steadily drives her insane as time passes . . .
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. Adult. She speaks with a bit of an edge, even in more casual circumstances, an edge she can barely suppress while giving lectures. Think of her as a dormant volcano possibly readying to blow.
1. (firmly): I don't appreciate it when people use my classroom for inane chatter, Clarissa, Felix. A repeat of this stunt and it's Saturday detention. Clear?
2. (ranting): I see that boy's face, and I want end it now. Kill him. I don't care about my life or my job. I just want him to burn into ashes, slowly and painfully. *chuckles* Actually, I'd like to do that to the whole entire classroom. Those brats all deserve to die.
3. (wildly): *laughs* You just don't get it! This is what I've always wanted! I can finally do what I want when I want it, and that means killing everyone! *laughs again* (knowingly, darkly amused): How about I start with you?
Age: Appears 10-12
Waterchanneler (control over water)
Description: This young girl is named so because of her gold-colored hair and bright blue eyes, and she developed a reputation of defending the weak and innocent . . . up until now, when she has suddenly begun working for Edward. A young boy may be the clue to it all… She has stunning maturity for her age and seems to have a genius-level intellect, giving her excellent understanding of the world around her.
Voice type: Medium-high. Gentle but strong, with even a bit of a brave, heroic demeanor about her (without being corny about it). She speaks with a lot of maturity, as if she's an adult.
1. (firmly, soft): Please, you should leave this area at once. This will be your only warning. Don't make me fight you, you will not win.
2. (kind, comforting): I'll figure a way out of this mess, Timothy. I promise. I will rescue you from this place and we won't have to deal with these people ever again.
3. (angry): What you plan to do is immoral and disgusting. We're not supposed to be the murderers of the human race; we're supposed to be protecting them!
Electricweaver (control over electricity)
Description: A stern, collected individual, Felicity has planted herself in Felix's high school as a English and writing teacher. Her mission is simple: keep Karen from losing it and blowing everything. This is much harder than it looks and it frazzles her nerves on a daily basis. She is torn between her mission and a growing fondness for Felix and his small group of friends. Does she dare switch sides?
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. Adult. Stern and collected, speaks intelligently but is not above sarcasm and biting remarks.
1. (annoyed): You need to calm down, Karen. It's just the first day of the new semester. It honestly isn't a big deal that we can't kill the boy yet.
2. (knowingly): I can give you the power to take revenge against the girl who humiliated you. Just meet me after school, around the back at the baseball field. You'll get what you desire.
3. (thoughtful, melancholy): I was going to die, but when I was Invoked, my cancer was gone. I owe Edward my life . . . but I don't know if I want to work for him anymore. He's not the man I thought he was.
Description: An original member of the Delta Force's long-secret "Valkyrie" project, she is one of only twelve female Deltas in the world, and is attached to the joint STE/CIA taskforce, the only "Valkyrie" to join so far. She is the worst of the three Deltas in hand-to-hand combat but is conversely the best shot among them (of course such differences are marginal considering who Deltas are). She tries to be a "big sister" figure to Ariel but finds her attempts mostly rebuffed.
Voice type: Medium-low to low. Adult. A deep, strong voice, confident and knowing. She may have a throaty or husky sound to her. She is intended to be from Texas so a Texan accent (as long as it isn't a "hick" accent) is appropriate but not required.
1. (cheerfully): My story? I'm on loan from the Valkyrie Project. We're basically the first female special forces in the world. It's an honor to be one of the original members and I'm looking forward to working with you.
2. (reminiscing): They train us exactly like how they train the men. Same training, same conditions, everything. I wondered many times why I threw my tennis career away to do this, but at the same time, I'm glad they didn't make it easy on me.
3. (angry): You said those monsters don't plan things out! God damn it, that was a perfectly timed ambush back there! Your "intelligence" needs a kick in the ass, because those monsters were coordinating their attacks!
07-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Description: A veteran "handler" at Mi-6, Ariel has been George's responsibility for the last five years, when Ariel was forced into combat to keep London from becoming an apocalyptic center. George is calm, but shows exasperation at Ariel's flamboyant ignorance of protocols, tactics, and property damage. Despite this, he tries his best to be a father figure to Ariel. Getting to actually portray her father as part of Ariel's cover, however, shows he may not know as much about Ariel as he thought . . .
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. Adult. He speaks with authority but is not just a military-esque man, he has a more "normal" side to him as well. He is intended to have an English accent, though more of a "farm English" than a "London English" type.
1. (faintly annoyed): Every time I send you into the boroughs you always return with a damaged sword. Am I supposed to be grateful that it's never broken completely, Ariel?
2. (reminiscing): We spent the entire flight forcing Ariel to practice an American accent and she didn't take it very well. It's only now that I see the problem . . . they weren't forcing me to do the same. My cover is as a British national and Ariel finds that unfair . . . and I can understand that.
3. (angry): We lost half of our team on the first search-and-destroy mission, Selina. Something went wrong, and I'll be damned if I don't find out what it is. And I know it wasn't me or Ariel.
4. (arguing): Ariel, I won't understand if you won't tell me what's going on! *sighs in exasperation* (concerned): You're even more closed off than you were back in London. What's wrong?
Description: Paralyzed waist-down for most of his life, Derek regained use of his legs after Felix repaired them, and shortly thereafter developed his Invoked abilities. Derek is not ready to fight yet, however, as he still needs a cane to walk, and jokes of being a "crip" follow him much to his dismay. He tries to project an optimistic exterior, though, and is just plain happy to walk at all.
Voice type: Medium-high to medium. Teenager. He has a joking, casual demeanor, which is a bit of a mask for a more melancholy yet optimistic person.
1. (nervous, sheepish): Hey, Matt. Short time no see. Um, is there any particular reason you're standing by my locker, or are you just going to beat on me for the hell of it?
2. (angry): You know, I wanted to fry the bastard. But I wouldn't 'cause you guys keep telling me not to. But I'm going insane from him always picking on me. Why can't any of you guys put a scare in him so he'll leave me alone?
3. (trying to make light out of a dark situation): Okay, Ms. Briggs is practically begging for someone to make the "hot teacher" joke. 'Cause she uses fire, you know, and . . . yeah . . .
4. (annoyed): The goals of these people make no sense. Why destroy everything? Destroying everything is suicidal, there's no way to live. I mean, at least "world domination" would make sense.
Age: Almost 18
Normal (eventually Enhanced)
Description: A popular two-sport athlete, Matthew is embarrassed by "Clarissa Vernon" early on and seethes with the desire to attain revenge. Thanks to Karen and Felicity, he gets that chance, and his most eager to display his newfound strength on the girl who kicked his ass. He knows he is but a pawn, but will his brash, angry personality overpower his intelligence?
Voice type: Medium to medium-low. He has a "jock" sound to his voice, strong and somewhat mature for a high-schooler, but he can show quite a nasty side at times.
1. (dark, casual): As much as I'd like to beat on your "for the hell of it", crip, I'm afraid I actually have business with you. Besides beating on you, I mean.
2. (bitterly): Everyone's laughing at me now because some girl scared the crap out of me. How the hell does that happen? I was the king of this school and now I'm a joke overnight. Well, I'm going to make this girl pay, and I don't care what I have to do.
3. (strained): Dammit, not now . . . *sighs in relief* (nervously): What the hell is going on here? What's happening to me? You didn't tell me there'd be side effects!
4. (furious): Stop pretending to worry about me! None of you care, I'm the bad guy, right? So come on! Try and kill me! I dare you!
Description: An Heisman Trophy candidate in college, he was a first-rounder in the NFL draft but blew his knee out in the first preseason game he played ten years ago. Enraged and hopeless, his recent Forced-Invoking has repaired his knee and given him a new shot at life. So he will fight for Edward Gordon even though he personally disagrees with Gordon's stated objectives. Will his morals triumph over an agreement he must honor? He is the strongest Enhanced ever seen, able to throw Ariel, Matthew, and Michelle like rag dolls.
Voice type: Low. Strong and muscular-sounding in every way. His voice may be gruff or smooth, but one thing's for sure, it's almost a bass rumble.
1. (firmly, half-taunting by the end): So, you must be Ariel. Let's hope that you are more of a challenge than your "Squad 2". For special forces types they went down easy.
2. (analytical): I would overpower her, but I've never seen anyone move so fast. She relies solely on her speed and pain tolerance to survive her battles. I think she might be weaker than even Matthew here.
3. (defiant): I only had one shot at everything and I lost it all. But I'm going to gain everything back. My knee is, finally, one-hundred percent. This will be the last chance I ever get and I'm not going to waste it!
4. (strained, like he's locked in a tight battle): Fighting me strength-to-strength? I'm stronger than any human being on the planet! You're asking to die!
Age: Appears 22-26
Description: A mysterious young man who jumps in and out of the various battles Michelle's group is involved in, and leaves just as quickly as he appears. He seems to know a lot about what's going on but is reluctant to talk about it . . . or speak long with anybody . . .
Voice type: Medium-low. He speaks softly but strongly and has a badass vibe to him. He gives the impression of knowing a lot more than he claims to.
1. (firmly): The risks you people take to try to save these people are ridiculous. The only way you know these monsters are gone for good is to kill them. Preferably by turning them to ash.
2. (resignedly): So, you decided to take out the fringe guy first. I know how it works, that's how it works on TV and movies. But do you think it'll work in real life?
3. (angry): Karen, you want to burn the whole city down just to kill me? Fine by me! At least this way you people can't hide anymore!
Description: This young boy won't say much about himself. He is either a runaway or an orphan, and wanders the streets of Chicago, but recently fell under the care of the mysterious Angel. But before long, he's been captured by Edward, and being used as ransom to force Angel to work for Edward's ends. Timothy is very closed-off and sullen, and wishes he had the strength to get himself and Angel out of their current situation . . .
Voice type: High to medium-high. Rebellious and aloof, but shows a more gentle, fragile side to Angel.
1. (defiant, protesting): Stop mocking me! Come back here and say that! I'll show you "useless"! I mean it, I . . . (softly, angry at self): Oh, forget it.
2. (melancholy): You keep saying that you're going to get me out of here, but you haven't tried to yet. All you've done is do their bidding, not try to escape, not try to help me.
3. (firmly): If you think what they're doing is so wrong, fight them. Don't worry about me. If you take them all down, I'll be all right no matter what happens . . . please, just wipe them out.
James "Jim" Cao
Description: A Delta rookie, James is cocky, confident, and a bit of a geek who plays a ton of video games on the side. He has no fear of the Forfeited even when knowing how easy it is to become infected. He has this invincible manner about him, like can't be hurt or killed. Will this stay true?
Voice type: Medium-ish. He's got a confident swagger about him, and seems very casual about a lot of things. This may be partially an act, as he becomes as serious as anyone in battle situations.
1. (annoyed): You know, I hate it when I know I'm being insulted but I don't know what the insult means. You translate "angry British girl"-speak into English, Evan?
2. (alert): That girl is sucking all of the moisture from the air in order to do her ice attacks. The moment the air turns dry, run, and when she's vulnerable one of us pops her.
3. (confidently): Good try, Alyssa, but not good enough. It doesn't matter how good of a shot you are if the bad guy can take you down up close and personal like I just did. You need some serious work on your hand-to-hand.
Description: James' partner, Evan is far more wary of the circumstances surrounding his newest assignment. He is a cautious, thoughtful soldier, and is a precise shooter and combatant who believes it is better to carefully pick a shot rather than being aggressive. He does not like Ariel at all, especially as the girl does not have much concept of stealth or keeping a low profile.
Voice type: Medium-low. He speaks carefully and maturely, and in general is very serious. He is intended to be from the Northeast, so a regional accent (like a Boston accent) may be appropriate but is not required.
1. (annoyed): Jim, enough. You talk way too much. That mouth of yours is going to get you killed.
2. (alert): Keep shooting, their number's dwindling! Just don't get any of the blood on you! Last thing I need is to kill you guys too!
3. (firmly): We need reinforcements, sir. Lots of them. If every battle is going to get several of our people killed, we need a lot more in numbers, now, or we're going to risk losing. But that's just my assessment, up to you if you want to believe me or not.
07-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Reserved in case more space is needed.
07-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Wow, that was fast. Received from: isobelthegreat, Kirbz, Requiemist, and Ardailec.
07-03-2012, 02:04 AM
I might break my audition hiatus and try out for this if things work out on my end.
07-03-2012, 05:50 AM
I'd like to audition but I'm wondering if Robyn and Mia have British or American accents?
07-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I'd like to audition but I'm wondering if Robyn and Mia have British or American accents?
Robyn and Mia are both Americans, them being from Chicago. :)
Thank you both for your interest.
07-06-2012, 05:58 AM
I'll be auditioning for this very soon.
07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I'll be auditioning for this very soon.
Thank you for your interest. Also received an audition from Koe.
I will be sending feedback starting on Tuesday at last.
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
I've received auds from lordlethonai, ~Kay, and Suzie Q. Sailaway.
Feedback to finally roll out later today, starting with isobel.
07-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Audition sent !
07-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Hi, I'd love to audition for this, but I was wondering what nationality the character James is?
07-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi, I'd love to audition for this, but I was wondering what nationality the character James is?
I have received from Sakura Hughes and ChibiSammi.
Expecting to do heavy critiquing tomorrow.
07-19-2012, 05:14 AM
07-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Audition Sent My Good Sir
07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Yup, got 'em both.
Writing feedback to lordthenoi, Ardaleic, ~Kay, and Koe. You guys should all receive something from me today.
I'm pushing back the deadline one more week to August 28th as well due to some minor issues on my end.
07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
07-22-2012, 07:54 AM
This looks very interesting. I'll have to give it a shot, then!
07-29-2012, 04:26 AM
sent audition. I think i sent it right, not sure. :-|
07-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Definitely sending in an audition for Felix
07-31-2012, 02:56 AM
Jalen K. Cassell
07-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Audition has been sent :D
07-31-2012, 05:23 AM
Oh geez, audition flood.
I think I am going to have to discontinue critiques. I just don't have time to give them out. Very stressful personal situation going on here on my end.
07-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Is it safe to assume that any character that doesn't have a note about a particular accent just has a typical American accent?
Also, are you accepting multiple auditions per voice actor? I don't want to overload you, but most of your female characters seem like they'd be tons of fun and I wanted to try as many as I could > w>
derp, read through the audition guidelines again and got my answer. Working on auditions now!
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
It's okay, rebelcheese! :) I do hope, however, that whatever you're going through isn't too serious! :(
08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
08-10-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I have way too much on my plate right now, in real life, and in writing, to continue pursuing this project right now. I've already got an ongoing that I've neglected for two weeks due to burning out while mixing it, and I'm also planning two one-shots, and I'm writing two novels AND two fanfics. All of that plus EVERYTHING REAL LIFE is way too much as it is, and if I add Evolution's Aura onto that list, I pretty much crash instantly. I've neglected this thread and this project because frankly I can't find a way to fit it onto my schedule, and with it sitting here in stasis it's just a bucket full of stress and so unfortunately I must cancel it.
I really enjoyed several of the auditions here, and I may ask those who did such superlative work to participate in future projects, although they will all be one-shots in nature. That's really all I have time for.
I sincerely apologize for this, and for wasting everyone's time. I did not want it to come to this but frankly I have not been able to maintain anything resembling focus on this project. And so it needs to stop.
08-11-2012, 04:42 AM
It's a rather unfortunate end to the project, but perfectly understandable. I wish you luck on your projects and any future works you may take on.
08-11-2012, 11:42 AM
:) No hard feelings. rebelcheese! I promise. The inevitable vagaries of real life do things like this. You're still green on my screen, sir! I hope everything pans out with whatever you're going through!
08-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Been there, done that - several times over. Best of luck with all your future endeavors - and feel free to keep my auditions on file. I'd be interested at looking at any projects you have in the future.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.