PDA

View Full Version : I went to FUNimation Studios...

Zangya
07-09-2005, 04:56 AM
Or at least a place that was like a decoy or something to it cuz i was called to do auddies for some kid in FMA, i think the name was Wrath..(he's cute) But anyways, i met Chris Subatt and Wendy Powell (i think thats her name) It was awesome! We sat and drank for a few minutes, and they asked me about my life and if i had VA expirence and i said "No, but i am trying to gain some at this site called Voice Acting Alliance.(they thought it was funny wen i had trouble saying the word "Alliance")

Yeah, but the sad part was i didn't get to go to the VA room, i only got to see the room where they get everything ready to go...
I was so freakin nervous that they wouldn't like my Wrath auddition >.< and i did the best kid voice i could do, they said they would e-mail my mom (just cuz i'm young >_>) to see if i can come back again. But the problem is that we shouldn't have used my mom's e-mail because she never CHECKS IT!! So i'm waiting...and waiting... :(

Jiffy
07-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Hasnt FullMetal Alchemist been dubbed already, or am I missing something?

Anyways, thats really cool, I hope you get the part and good luck. Must be hard waiting to see what will happen.

And on a side note, how did you get called for that audition. Anything specific you didi? (I jump at the chance to ask people this whenever I can.)

Zangya
07-09-2005, 05:06 AM
No, not tho WHOLE thing there are 51 eps total, and they only did 26

I audditioned online at the FAQ place at FUNimation.com

Jiffy
07-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Oh I see.

And thanks for the nifty informaition. :)

Jiffy
07-09-2005, 05:11 AM
Possess significant professional experience in live acting or voice acting
What kind of experience did you give for what you sent them? Sorry if Im nagging.

Kei
07-09-2005, 05:43 AM
So you went to funimation...but you auditioned online...
and if you didnt go to a recording studio HOW did they record your voice?

sorry for the bizarre questions, im curious to how auditions go >.>

Im really confused and how old are you?

Yunnie Kun
07-09-2005, 06:12 AM
I think he sent in a audition slip or entry of some sort, through online I'm guessing. Such as sending in a voice clip with the entry, Then they probably called him/emailed him to come in for a voice/sound reading. To see how he faired in that dept. Now he is waiting for a call-back.

Windy*
07-09-2005, 08:03 AM
If you got an audition, I was wondering about one of the requirements:

"...Possess significant professional experience in live acting or voice acting..."

They were willing to give an average kid an audition? @~@ Or do you actually have any experience? I wonder how lenient they are on that one...

Wish I lived close to the studio... sigh. e_e;

Azure
07-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Perhaps FUNi wanted to try using genuinly younger people or were simply impressed with FMA's voice. I wish you lots of luck! Perhaps you could have a word with your Mum to make sure she checks her email a bit more often? I'm sure she'll understand.
Again good luck, lets get another VAA-er going pro!

Chrnogirl
07-09-2005, 10:15 AM
WAAAIIITTT BACK IT UP! They already called you for your audition? You were on the audie list right? If so than YAAAYYYY! Cuz I'm on there and waiting ever so patciently *dies* You should have told me when you IMed me earlier about it XD!

Merr
07-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Perhaps FUNi wanted to try using genuinly younger people or were simply impressed with FMA's voice. I wish you lots of luck! Perhaps you could have a word with your Mum to make sure she checks her email a bit more often? I'm sure she'll understand.
Again good luck, lets get another VAA-er going pro!
Well Al is played by a genuine kid so it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Zangya
07-09-2005, 04:14 PM
So you went to funimation...but you auditioned online...
and if you didnt go to a recording studio HOW did they record your voice?

sorry for the bizarre questions, im curious to how auditions go >.>

Im really confused and how old are you?

They didnt RECORD my voice >_> i sent a sample of my voice and wen i got there they asked for my Wrath voice

And i'm 12

Yeah, and the Al guy is only 12 yrs old, (wich made me angry)

Chrno Girl, maybe i'll see u there :!:

Zangya
07-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Thank you so much for your interest in FUNimation and our animated series. In order to become a voice actor for FUNimation you must meet the following criteria:

Possess significant professional experience in live acting or voice acting.
Live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area
Be at least 18 years old or have parental permission
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a voice sample, along with a resume of your work to the following address:

Attn: Voice Actor Resume
Funimation Productions, Ltd.
P.O. Box 822181
N. Richland Hills, TX 76182

Submissions made to FUNimation do not guarantee an audition and all submissions become property of FUNimation and will not be returned.

Nikki Wright
07-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes, you can get that from the main site.. which I've linked to in one of your posts from the other day, asking for how to go pro. In fact, that's word for word copied from this page here: http://www1.funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=audition

;P

Anyway.. It would have been amusing to see the giggles as you had troubles pronouncing "alliance." That's awfully cute. >D;;;;;

Good luck.. with your audition or whatever. :D

Neriah
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
You talked to those people?? Wendy Powell? You live in FortWorth?? X_X Oh my... How did you send auddies online? I thought I'd already perused their website to death. That's incredible they actually sent for you!!

I've called the headquarters several times to try and see if I could go and see the studios, since it's in my area. No one has ever picked up or called back or anything.

Zangya
07-10-2005, 04:10 PM
We moved ther a month ago >.< its so beutiful here ^^!! (but the only reason we moved was because if the hurricane or someting...i dont know)

Um, i believe your supposed to mail it ^^; llike my mom corrected me on (hopefully my dad doesn't find out) To the adress, but if you called them like u say, then maybe i'll put in something for you (wen i actually go back) Like, just PM me ur reall name or something, and if you have a resume, gimmie ur site :!:

michelleann
07-10-2005, 08:28 PM
That's so cool. I'm sending in a demo next week. ^^ Hopefully relocating there sometime in the future. As soon as my husband can find a job...

Neriah
07-11-2005, 07:30 PM
We moved ther a month ago >.< its so beutiful here ^^!! (but the only reason we moved was because if the hurricane or someting...i dont know)

Um, i believe your supposed to mail it ^^; llike my mom corrected me on (hopefully my dad doesn't find out) To the adress, but if you called them like u say, then maybe i'll put in something for you (wen i actually go back) Like, just PM me ur reall name or something, and if you have a resume, gimmie ur site :!:

PHONE #!! ^-^ Could I just go ahead and send you it over something?

Yeah, that confused me, I was sure that they want you to mail it to their address. But you just emailed a demo reel?

Where in FortWorth do you live?? I live out in Keller w/ all the cows!! :luv

Zangya
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM
I dunno, but i'll guess and say some place called Richardson Hills since thats what meh dads always talking about on the phone <_<

Well, they just want a sample of ur voice... wich was kjind of hard for me because i dont know what my real voice is *shiftyeyes*

Maybe i'll come visit u or something wen i find the name of where i'm living ^^

Neriah
07-11-2005, 10:24 PM
North Richland hills you mean? o_o I've never heard of Richardson Hills.

Have you already gone back to Funimation Studios? ...Nyeh, is that what they told you?

Maybe it'd be easier if we met somewhere! Or maybe if I came to you since I've had my driver's licence for a little bit.
X_X I don't really have my resume up and running yet.
I've come to find that you have to be kind of direct in order to get attention from facilities... At least from looking around for jobs.

Zangya
07-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, but i dout my dad would let me <_<

But anyway, i'll put in a good name for u ^^ Oh, and im supposed to go there sometime next week, so i can see how things work with a whole lot of other FMA VA's *___= cool

Matt Alan
07-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Ya know...you're supposed to be 13 to agree to the terms of service on this board. :D

Sukisho
07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Ya know...you're supposed to be 13 to agree to the terms of service on this board. :D

There's tons of people on here who aren't http://www.sailormoon.jp/~animenative/stuff/icon_rolleyes.gif and if you actually look there's another option that says "I Agree to these terms and am under 13 years of age" so :P

Rae-Lynn
07-12-2005, 01:34 AM
dot dot dot......................ANYWHO! away form the seriousness and back to the congradulating! .....thats not how its spelled, is it? :( )

Zangya
07-12-2005, 01:47 AM

There's tons of people on here who aren't http://www.sailormoon.jp/~animenative/stuff/icon_rolleyes.gif and if you actually look there's another option that says "I Agree to these terms and am under 13 years of age" so :P

Heh heh ^^ RIGHT ON!! :wink:

But anyways, i hope i get the part and i hope my dad doesn't find out...

Chrnogirl
07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Heh heh ^^ RIGHT ON!! :wink:

But anyways, i hope i get the part and i hope my dad doesn't find out...

Why not :?: Wouldn't he be proud?

Zangya
07-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Heh heh no... he's EVIL wen i talk about VAing (we dont know yet, but he might be posessed *shiftyeyes*) :|

shadowsvoice
07-12-2005, 09:26 PM
I hope you get in there. Means one more person has done it which means that all this wasnt for naught.

Zangya
07-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, thanks but the scary part is that my dad may have found out and i have to give up my dream (till i finish collage... >>)

Neriah
07-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Hey chiklet. ^-^ Are you sure it's FUNimation studios? When did you have auditions?
I spoke to a guy named Scott Garner who oversees the auditioning and he told me that they only hold auditions twice a year. (Finally got through over phone!!) I think this year it was February they last held them from what he told me.

They don't start getting new projects in until the fall now.

Zangya
07-14-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm pretty sure it was, im not the only one there ya know, me and this girl whose name in Eclair' on other forums are there too Y_Y<--yay! Anyways, yeah youd know i am lying if i talk about something else :?

Neriah
07-14-2005, 06:03 AM
Nya, maybe I'm just a little confused. ^_^

Chrnogirl
07-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey chiklet. ^-^ Are you sure it's FUNimation studios? When did you have auditions?
I spoke to a guy named Scott Garner who oversees the auditioning and he told me that they only hold auditions twice a year. (Finally got through over phone!!) I think this year it was February they last held them from what he told me.

They don't start getting new projects in until the fall now.

Auditions as far as I know weren't in Febuary (I have been on the auddie list since last November, so I would have been called) From what I have been told, they are either supposed to be this month or next month....open call auditons anyway....

Neriah
07-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Auditions as far as I know weren't in Febuary (I have been on the auddie list since last November, so I would have been called) From what I have been told, they are either supposed to be this month or next month....open call auditons anyway....

Maybe I wouldn't know. I was just going by what I was told! *headaching from confusion* I guess you live close by too, huh.
What are 'open call auditions'?

You weren't called back, but you would've in February if that were the case because they're open call auditions?

I'm really confused... He told me that they'd have new projects for people to start auditioning for in some eventuality inbetween september and november. Not July, I don't think.

Chrnogirl
07-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Maybe I wouldn't know. I was just going by what I was told! *headaching from confusion* I guess you live close by too, huh.
What are 'open call auditions'?

You weren't called back, but you would've in February if that were the case because they're open call auditions?

I'm really confused... He told me that they'd have new projects for people to start auditioning for in some eventuality inbetween september and november. Not July, I don't think.

I signed up on the auditon list last Novmeber. Open Call Auditions are audtions for people who have been on the list. I have been told that those auditions are going to be either this month or next month. As far as I know that is the only way you can audition at funi (well, face to face anyway)

Ruka
07-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Perhaps FUNi wanted to try using genuinly younger people or were simply impressed with FMA's voice.

I wouldn't doubt it. After all, Alphonse was voiced by Aaron Dismuke, and he's only 12.

Zangya
07-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Actually, about Aaron, me and him are pretty good friends now...i guess(i dont count him as a friends, he makes me jealous) But theres going to be a convention soon in Dallas and we all get to go and stuff, so my sister can go for free. But they havent told me anything about VAing yet *shiftyeyes* I'm gonna have to find out next week :twisted:

Windy*
07-15-2005, 09:15 PM
^^; Isn't threatening us with your signature taking it a liiittle far?

Ruka
07-15-2005, 09:17 PM

XD Yeah, I have to agree with that- But congratulations! I hope you get the part! :D (Oh, and if you haven't already, wait until you meet Vic Mignogna- Coolest. Guy. EVARRR.)

Seishiro17
07-15-2005, 09:21 PM

I think I smell another HyperEvil... :?

Zangya
07-15-2005, 09:23 PM
No, its something that Vic Mignogna wrote thats in the inside of his car ^^; if its harsh i'll take it down ^^

Nikki Wright
07-15-2005, 09:46 PM

I think I smell another HyperEvil... :?Nah, he signed up again with a different username. :P

GrantM
07-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Or at least a place that was like a decoy or something to it cuz i was called to do auddies for some kid in FMA, i think the name was Wrath..(he's cute) But anyways, i met Chris Subatt and Wendy Powell (i think thats her name) It was awesome! We sat and drank for a few minutes, and they asked me about my life and if i had VA expirence and i said "No, but i am trying to gain some at this site called Voice Acting Alliance.(they thought it was funny wen i had trouble saying the word "Alliance")

Yeah, but the sad part was i didn't get to go to the VA room, i only got to see the room where they get everything ready to go...
I was so freakin nervous that they wouldn't like my Wrath auddition >.< and i did the best kid voice i could do, they said they would e-mail my mom (just cuz i'm young >_>) to see if i can come back again. But the problem is that we shouldn't have used my mom's e-mail because she never CHECKS IT!! So i'm waiting...and waiting... :(

You actually got to go to where Funimation is.....and you got to do a VOICE ROLE IN AN ANIME!!!!.......I want to do that!

Nikki Wright
07-17-2005, 12:49 AM

You actually got to go to where Funimation is.....and you got to do a VOICE ROLE IN AN ANIME!!!!.......I want to do that!He just said he apparently auditioned. e.e Calm down. ^.^

GrantM
07-17-2005, 12:52 AM

You actually got to go to where Funimation is.....and you got to do a VOICE ROLE IN AN ANIME!!!!.......I want to do that!He just said he apparently auditioned. e.e Calm down. ^.^

Oh.........but still....HE WENT TO FUNIMATION!!!!!!

Zangya
07-17-2005, 01:13 AM
IM A "SHE"!! IM A "SHE"!!! :!:

GrantM
07-17-2005, 01:16 AM

Oh.......but still......SHE WENT TO FUNIMATION!!!!

Wow, twice in one day I've mistook a female user for a male user on a forum, the first time I did was on a different forum

And I'm sorry for acting like this, but I really want to work for Funimation (and ADV) as an anime dub VA

Windy*
07-17-2005, 02:52 AM

Really? ^^; Listening to your clip, I thought you were a boy. o.o;; Maybe I wasn't paying attention... lol. Well, since you auditioned for a boy part, I think it's an easy mistake to make. XD

Zangya
07-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Ack, those arent our REAL voices we were acting out characters %% heh heh, my REAL voice will be in the new rp im doing ^^

Neriah
07-17-2005, 05:11 AM
I signed up on the auditon list last Novmeber. Open Call Auditions are audtions for people who have been on the list. I have been told that those auditions are going to be either this month or next month. As far as I know that is the only way you can audition at funi (well, face to face anyway)

Alrighty. Well, be sure to tell me how it went once you do get called back! Do you know what project it is that you're auditioning for?

McCorvic Sucks
07-17-2005, 06:06 AM
After reading through this thread...I believe Funimation has cured cancer or aids. Or both.

Otherwise there should be no reason there should be so many exclamaition marks in this thread.

Chrnogirl
07-18-2005, 03:48 AM

Alrighty. Well, be sure to tell me how it went once you do get called back! Do you know what project it is that you're auditioning for?

No, but I'm hoping it will be either for Trinity Blood, Kodocha, Galaxy Railways, or maybe any newly liscences items that they may have aquired but haven't announced. (You know when they announce stuff that usually means that they've had it for a while but now they have a cast of some sorts.)

GrantM
07-18-2005, 07:10 AM
After reading through this thread...I believe Funimation has cured cancer or aids. Or both.

Otherwise there should be no reason there should be so many exclamaition marks in this thread.

Oh right.....but still you don't know how much I would really like to do work for Funimation (and ADV)

If only I were in Texas rather than Glasgow, Scotland

Blackberry
07-24-2005, 08:50 PM
And i'm 12

You're one year older than me. I am 11 and that is why I have such a high pitched voice. But I can lower it though. I still sound like a kid. Pudding-ish sort of. Anyway, Good luck! :wink:

Antfish
02-15-2010, 12:26 AM
still waiting?

ShiroKaisen
02-15-2010, 12:27 AM
oh my god, I'm so jealous of you. I wanna audition for alphonse but they won't call me back.

Zangya
02-15-2010, 12:28 AM
What is this thread

Sapphire
02-15-2010, 12:28 AM
did u voice bradley yet???????

GeneralIvan
02-15-2010, 12:29 AM
still waiting?

I know I still am.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8541/waitingforgodot2.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/waitingforgodot2.jpg/)

Kennidy
02-15-2010, 12:30 AM
oh my god, I'm so jealous of you. I wanna audition for alphonse but they won't call me back.

well, I'm edward elric but vic mignogna is paying me to say it's his voice.
maybe i could get maxey whitehead (they fired aaron dismuke you know because he grew up) to get fired for you.

ShiroKaisen
02-15-2010, 12:31 AM
well, I'm edward elric but vic mignogna is paying me to say it's his voice.
maybe i could get maxey whitehead (they fired aaron dismuke you know because he grew up) to get fired for you.

make it happen

Kennidy
02-15-2010, 12:32 AM
make it happen

okay but i want fifty dollars.

ShiroKaisen
02-15-2010, 12:33 AM
okay but i want fifty dollars.

can I play you after I get rich?

Antfish
02-15-2010, 12:39 AM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/452/threadrevival.jpg

Lucien
02-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I counter your card with a stop-this-stupid-bullshit spell, inflicting maximum damage. I win.